Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Qualities men look for in a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Natey2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Qualities men look for in a woman?Page 1 of 1    
A man generally looks for these qualities in a woman:

Attractive
Intelligent
Emotionally Stable
Low Maintenance
Respectful
Supportive
Wants to have sex

Unfortunately, a man can only find 2 or 3 (sometimes 4) of the above qualities in most women he meets here.
Hence, the dilemma. Just saying.

If it is of any consolation, it is actually very difficult to find a woman on POF with none of the above qualities: most have at least 1 of those qualities.

Am I right or what?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Qualities men look for in a woman?
Posted: 10/29/2018 5:42:28 AM
When a guy wants low maintenance: "Don't expect anything from me. I won't reciprocate." Yet, he wants to reap all of the benefits in a relationship. If she's strongly independent, why the hell would she want a high-maintenance man?

What the heck kind of a lop-sided relationship is that? LOL.
 Tech30
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 7:47:01 AM
I was lucky enough to find one with all of those qualities.

Very rare though, especially online.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 8:48:20 AM
I believe you're right about men generally looking for those qualities.

What are you asking the girls? Do you think any will admit to being zero out of seven? The ones who proclaim themselves intelligent aren't. Actual intelligent ones don't say they're smart. Attractive gals typically don't say they're attractive. Females rarely admit they want sex!

Have seen plenty of POF profiles that don't show any of the 7 qualities. I don't believe you're right that it's very difficult to find one with zero. My worst meet from POF could be classified as zero of the seven. For those seeking a quality person to meet, it might be difficult for the person you meet to be zero after making it through your screening of viewing the profile, exchanging messages here, and communication away from the site.

Have met at least one from here who seems to fit all seven.

High maintenance men seem significantly rarer than high maintenance women. Might be a generational thing as some millennial hipsters are high maintenance.

Sometimes emotional instability doesn't show until you've been with them a while.

Sometimes whether they want to have sex with you changes. Can be for the worse if you fall into the friendzone.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 9:09:29 AM
Ah for the days when a polarized hate post like this would have gotten you 3 to 10 days suspension and your post deleted. But actually posting something ridiculously awful as this shows others who to weed out.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 10:00:20 AM
msg#4:
I believe you're right about men generally looking for those qualities.

What are you asking the girls? Do you think any will admit to being zero out of seven? The ones who proclaim themselves intelligent aren't. Actual intelligent ones don't say they're smart. Attractive gals typically don't say they're attractive. Females rarely admit they want sex!

I'll bite.
Put me down for the big fat zero.
Feel better now?

hahahaha you guys crack me up
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 11:43:56 AM

A man generally looks for these qualities in a woman:

Attractive
Intelligent
Emotionally Stable
Low Maintenance
Respectful
Supportive
Wants to have sex

Generally, yes, but there are plenty of exceptions.

most have at least 1 of those qualities.

If by "attractive", you mean physically attractive, then yes, that is the most common quality that can be found on profiles (based on any pictures shown), and in real life.
The most difficult to find is demonstrated intelligence.
The others are difficult to discern from a simple online profile, but the outlook is not hopeful.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 11:46:20 AM

I'll bite.
Feel better now?
my perfect match, are you free Friday night? chili dogs at the local 7-11? we split the bill of course.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 11:52:56 AM
msg#8:

I'll bite.
Feel better now?
my perfect match, are you free Friday night? chili dogs at the local 7-11? we split the bill of course.

I'm free as a bird. Love me a nice juicy sloppy chili dog~
My treat! (I've got a 2 fer 1 coupon)
Meet ya by the Slurpee machine<<<
(Smile)
 Natey2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 12:05:44 PM

Ah for the days when a polarized hate post like this would have gotten you 3 to 10 days suspension and your post deleted.

Nothing hateful, and any perception of polarity/polarization is strictly relative I'd say.
Maybe women are looking for those same qualities in a man too?

Excessive moderation to appease the perspectives of a select few is what causes people to leave forum sites like this and go to forums like Quora.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 12:25:26 PM

forums like Quora.

And what pray tell is Quora?
Even better than this fun forum?
Do tell.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 1:19:58 PM

msg#8:

I'll bite.
Feel better now?

I'm free as a bird. Love me a nice juicy sloppy chili dog~
My treat! (I've got a 2 fer 1 coupon)
Meet ya by the Slurpee machine<<<
(Smile)
what is ironic is we would have a much better chance of actually enjoying the evening than all those on here with lists, expectations, deal breakers and trying too hard. chili dog, slurpee and good conversation or stay home with your charts and graphs trying to analize why your single? I am taking the chili dog and just enjoy the evening.
 beercookies
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2018 8:41:40 AM
You’ve been rejected a lot and to compensate you are saying womenkind are lacking and not meeting your bare standards. That’s funny. Classic denial.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2018 4:53:14 PM
"Maybe women are looking for those same qualities in a man too?"

Yah think?

Attractive .. yes, I don't see women chasing ugly.
Intelligent.. yes, no one wants stupid
Emotionally Stable.. yes, no one looks for love in an asylum
Low Maintenance.. yes, why go after complicated?
Respectful..yes, don't let anyone disrespect you...twice!
Supportive.. yes, no one wants to be put down
Wants to have sex.. yes and they want it good.

Aren't all of these a given? They are for me.
 ohenryx
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2018 9:21:35 PM
Well…. I could take exception to one. Intelligent. Often people of average or slightly below average intelligence will resent someone who is markedly more intelligent. And I don’t mean someone who acts arrogant or superior, just someone who is obviously far above you on that scale.

Also attractive can be a pitfall. A man who is with a woman much more attractive than he will often suffer insecurity as a result. And I assume the same could happen in reverse.

I don’t know, just my thoughts.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2018 1:26:46 AM
Am I right or what?

what
 2ufo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2018 8:58:00 AM
Gee, some of those qualities are the same we want in people we simply know... and not biblically :-).
Like who wants to deal with a crazy boss or a disrespectful kid or an unsupportive driver in the lane next to yours.

I want what I consider attractive but that includes such qualities as integrity, respectful, stable. Maybe I'm an 'entire package' person rather than approaching someone with a checklist going "Tall - check, stable personality - seems so, respectful to co-workers - uh-huh." I don't try to tease out why I find someone attractive or not.

I'll agree with Scooter.... what.
 Natey2
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2018 6:42:54 PM
I would say income should be on the list.
Women might consider that higher than men.
On a dating site that begins with M, I see women looking for men making more than 4 times they do, as a selection criteria.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 9:46:31 AM

On a dating site that begins with M, I see women looking for men making more than 4 times they do, as a selection criteria.
one of the reasons I left match. I would hope their reasoning was to assist matching similar lifestyles but I got the vibe 'you CAN have anyone here, would you like a rich partner?'
 hemingway234
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2018 7:39:14 AM
What do I look for in a woman? - the first thing is a pulse. If there is none I call 911
 julystorm22
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2018 12:57:14 PM
Many years ago I once asked a couple guys friend many years ago why a lot of guys seemed to ignore me as a potential date. We were drinking so they were more honest. They told me it was because I was too smart and because I was too tall. I was maybe 22 at the time. Apparently if I was smart and short or if I was tall and less-smart I would have been more likely to attract a guy but because I was both tall and really smart, I intimidated guys as a partner.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Qualities men look for in a woman?