Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why Office Air Conditioning is Sexist      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlindFreddy1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why Office Air Conditioning is SexistPage 1 of 1    
Why Office Air Conditioning Is Sexist. .....Believe it or not this rated within the top 10 of feminist movement priorities ..... Go figure....!!!!

Sexist air conditioning: The Telegraph's Radhika Sanghani explains why the standard office temperature of 22°C is too low for most women.

https://youtu.be/MNH0bmYT7os

https://youtu.be/JISpI1h8xys

Honestly what has the World come to.....??????

Anything else for the feminists to whinge about ....??

MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why Office Air Conditioning is Sexist
Posted: 10/31/2018 4:33:48 AM
Hardly a sex topic. Better if you had posted in Off Topic.

Work is sexist against men. Women have cushy jobs in which they sit in a comfy desk while the air conditioning blows up their skirt. Meanwhile, men are slaving away on the front lines of hot deserts in Iraq and Afghanistan, slaving away in coal mines, freezing on dangerous commercial fishing boats in Alaska, doing construction outside in the summer, etc. Men are trapped in the glass cellar while women take most of the easy high paying jobs in education, law, and medicine.

The few men who obtain office jobs are forced to wear hot wool suits while women have a more varied dress code. If it's too cold, women can easily add a sweater. Men have fewer options; if it's cold, a suit jacket or vest is one of the few options. Men typically cannot put on a hat in the office. Most body heat is lost through the top of the head, so the real men with a natural hairline lose heat without a hat. Women typically have a big nest of hair to retain heat.

With so many old women in the workplace, they also stay warm via their hot flashes.

From what I've experienced, men have a higher tolerance for temperature in both directions.

One of my favorite Star Trek episodes, "Genesis" from Next Generation, has a relatable moment to real life. Worf tells the ship computer to decrease the temperature while Troi tells the computer to increase it. Sounds like a common situation in an office, though I've witnessed more cases of the women wanting it colder.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2018 7:40:31 AM

Work is sexist against men. Women have cushy jobs in which they sit in a comfy desk while the air conditioning blows up their skirt. Meanwhile, men are slaving away on the front lines of hot deserts in Iraq and Afghanistan, slaving away in coal mines, freezing on dangerous commercial fishing boats in Alaska, doing construction outside in the summer, etc. Men are trapped in the glass cellar while women take most of the easy high paying jobs in education, law, and medicine.

No. It's just that women aren't as stupid as men to go put their life's on the line for stupid reasons like fabricated war and decided to get educated. These men in those jobs could get a comfy desk job if they could be bothered getting educated.

People like to blame others for their misfortunes and never take responsibility for their life's. So much easier ;)
 2ufo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2018 8:27:07 AM
Wow!
No kidding.

Never mind that women do serve in Iraq and Afghanistan, work in coal minds and commercial fishing while men become CEOs, senators, and congressmen at a higher rate.

However, as for temperature and AC -- I'm all for a nice cold office. If I'm too cold, I'll put on a jacket or turn on a space heater (all the offices had them where I worked in Norway). Of course, the office could be perfectly fine for men who wear suits while the woman is probably in a skirt/dress and nylons - according to the business dress code. No wonder she's cold.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2018 11:30:26 AM

From what I've experienced, men have a higher tolerance for temperature in both directions.

Tolerance in the sense they won't complain. Women whine about a lot of things, just simply to have something to talk about. It does NOT mean it is "intolerable".

In the video link the women use the term "Absolutely Freezing" a few different times. Sorry, but they are not talking about 32 degrees F, or zero C. It's a gross exaggeration of a temperature setting that's more or less where it has always been in the last 20 years. A few work places have lowered their standard temp by a few degrees for save on energy expenses, because changing temps from 72 F down to 68 F can save absurd amounts on money in the colder months.

Something else that has happened in the last 50 years is our workplace is losing personal space. Smaller, tighter cube farms, smaller offices, community work spaces are becoming more prevalent than ever. What that means is a lot of forced air ventilation and quarters so cramped the air conditioning needs to still be cooling and de-humidifying the air even in the wintertime.

I work an afternoon shift where half of it is spent in a crowded office noon to 5 pm, then spend a few hours in an office by myself as an aid for production personnel on 2nd shift. Climate settings DO change in the evening - some rooms they even shut down the ventilation altogether. Temps can fluctuate more than 2-4 degrees - more like ten or twelve. I keep clothes layers and a fan handy if I need to change my comfort - but the one thing I do NOT do - is complain. People of a certain character like to voice their opinions first (and loudly), THEN do something about it after they realize nobody will rescue them. I don't think that 'whiny' gene is exclusive to one gender - but it sure seems like it sometimes.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2018 4:45:28 PM
wow is right,, where on Earth did he come up that off the wall dumb idea???????
 ohenryx
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2018 9:24:43 PM
Funny thing... I always thought the basic idea behind an online dating site was to try and get together with the opposite sex, not to wage war against them.

Funny thing that...

Messages this short may not be posted
Messages this short may not be posted
 spot4username
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 2:42:29 AM
I am borderline anemic. I am always cold. It is a joke among those who are close to me. I often wear a thermal under my work shirt (I wear a uniform at work) and I always have my work cardigan or jacket on. My coworkers will be burning up and have the thermostat set low. I know my single needs don't outweigh their many needs so I plan ahead and bundle up. My office is tiny and when I come in early in the mornings it is often freezing because the last person in there had the AC blasting. I just turn up the thermostat and go about my business. /shrug/
 jerseynative7
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 12:06:05 PM
Air conditioning blowing up their skirt? Where are you working that a/c comes out of the floor? Mine blows on my head all day.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 9:40:06 PM

Mine blows on my head all day.

I had that problem at my old job, and the girl in the next cubicle. We both quit that place, we kept getting sore throat.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2018 3:10:06 AM
HAHA...heard it all now....just tell-em to wear a sweater!.....lol
 MtRushmore1970
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 10:25:00 AM
Some people just can't function during the day without having something to complain or be offended about.
 lnitia
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:38:18 PM
yep onerx- i don't know why people are so attracted to war/battle of the sexes either- divisiveness in general is unappealing-

4 general info: males and females can be big baby whiners or suffer stoically nd silently-or be pretty content and responsible for own life and choices- among many qualities which are not gender specific..

Too funny finished this post- and next page i opened presented a local hvac-air conditioning company.. got to luv tech..
 Inner_circle
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2018 12:50:50 PM
This is not a gender issue, its a personal preference issue.

Ive worked with people of all genders/identities who have their own temperature preferences.

Personally, my office is always too cold and I have many sweaters and a small space heater so that my needs do not trump anyone elses. I was raised to take care of my own needs and not be a whiner.

(Go figure that on a dating site forum there are people who write as though they hate the opposite sex.)
 ssm508
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2018 8:27:31 PM

This is not a gender issue, its a personal preference issue.
Ive worked with people of all genders/identities who have their own temperature preferences.

Agreed. I sit next a woman that often thinks the room is too warm and another woman that thinks the same room is too cold when I think the temp is just right.
 2ufo
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2018 10:49:38 AM

:Some people just can't function during the day without having something to complain or be offended about.

And I thought that was the purpose of politics.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2018 4:41:18 AM
I read these quite a few times and even participate but have no idea why of even the purpose of the feed....lol...if the office is to cold then tell-em to put a sweater on.....who cares...sexist?....the way people are acting in society any more makes them drama ridden and simply soft....I guess everyone has a hobby....lol
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2018 11:35:05 AM
I really wonder if this story has been given 'Legs' because there are a bunch of Baby Boomers in their later years with bad internal thermostats still out there in the work force. I have seen plenty of miscellaneous news stories crawl through my feed suggesting it's a 'trend' across all subjects when the subject matter is pretty blatantly put out there by either Millenials or Boomers - the two largest demographic groups. As a Gen-Xer, I know my generation has one of the smallest populations out there - and stuff that I see as an issue is often brushed off like dandruff by 20-somethings and the semi-retired. Their votes and TV ratings carry the day, so I fully understand the media kissing up to them - but it doesn't mean I have to care.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why Office Air Conditioning is Sexist