Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Unfriended, then re-friended woman who rejected me. What did this tel      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 donutmangh
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Unfriended, then re-friended woman who rejected me. What did this tell her?Page 1 of 1    
I dated a woman for five weeks before she went cold. She initiated everything, but I’d had a huge crush on her all year, and her rejection cut deep. I tried to play it off like I was unbothered and stay friends, but was in real pain. A month after the rejection, one morning I decided the pain was too much and I needed to delete her from my life, so I unfriended her on FB. A few hours later, I regretted it, backtracked, and sent a new friend request along with an apology. I didn’t say why I had done it. She accepted the request. What did this tell her? Does she have me figured out now? Did I make my feelings obvious in an a moment of painful douchebaggery?

Here is the cringeworthy text convo:
me: Sorry!
her: for what
me: I knee-jerked into unfriending you this morning, then regretted it and sent you a friend request with the msg "sorry!" to try to play it off like an accident. I don't want to talk about it, just undo it.
her: So you do or don't want to be my friend?
me: I just want to stay connected on FB
her: wow ok not friends just connected
me: I can't answer these questions I just wish I hadn't done that
her: Next time you do any jerking in the morning, make sure it doesn't involve ending friendships.
her: P.S. you can text any time just to say "hi"
me: I'm sorry I dropped you. I don't have anything else worth saying.
her: Have a good day Brian.

To me it seems obvious...is it as obvious to her as well? Is it as bad as it looks?
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Unfriended, then re-friended woman who rejected me. What did this tell her?
Posted: 10/31/2018 9:36:58 PM
Facebook is bad for your health. If you want to talk to someone, call them.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 4:25:19 AM
Your chance of becoming more than friends again was probably already zero. Definitely zero now!

Does she post / share anything interesting on Facebook? If not, unfollow her on Facebook or unfriend her again.

I would delete the entire text conversation and not send her any unsolicited texts.
 hemingway234
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 4:41:25 AM
The Spacebook stuff means nothing. You guys will never be a couple, it's over.

The best thing to do would be to date other women, find a replacement. Eventually you'll get over this girl.
 dpwesu
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/1/2018 11:01:02 AM
Facebook aka Stalkernet is the bane of this society.

If you want to talk with her.........CALL HER!!!!!!!!!!!!
 2ufo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 11:31:54 AM
You've probably have been dropped, however no one has anyone else figure out.

Nothing outside of a 'Ihateyoudon'tever darkenmydoorwayagain' is 'obvious' so don't take it as such.

Stay away for a while then in a few months invite her to a group outing of friends or text 'hi'. Do interesting things that you enjoy.
This will show her that:
1. You have a genuine life without her
2. You have other friends and options
3. You aren't emotionally clingy.

It will also provide the following benefits:
4. You may find another female you like better (if so, don't rub #1's nose in it - that will turn off your current gf)
5. You may mature a bit
6. You may realize that rash decisions are probably bad ones.
7. Rash actions should be followed up with thoughtful gestures. If I had unfriended someone rashly, I would have waited a few weeks then sent a friend request saying something like 'I was hurt by your rejection but miss you as a friend. Let's start new.' Or, if immediately re-friending, I would have said, 'Oops, operator error. I can be such a klutz.'
Posted: 11/1/2018 11:35:57 AM
she started the relationship.
you played too cool for school when it ended.
now you jerk her around.

either she thinks you're way hot, or she loves winning men she can't have. Has she figured you out yet? doubtful--you don't even know WTF.

yep its as bad as it looks. can't wait for the update.
 ohenryx
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 4:41:23 PM
I had to go look, the OP is supposedly 35 years old. I would say, "It's time for you to grow up. Quit acting like a school kid."

Pay close attention here, this is probably the only time you will ever see me quote from the bible:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
 backcreek7
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 4:55:50 PM
^^^
WELCOME !!! back to the jungle bmp > ( ou ou ou !!! ~ ahh ahhh ahh !!! )

col

backcreek7
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 5:15:58 PM

I knee - jerked into unfriending you this morning

^^^ Ahhh no worries my friend, next year you both will be graduating from the 5th to the 6th grade ..
And all this stress, will be erased & rewound ( col )

*lyrics " Yes I said it's fine before, but I don't think so no more ..
............. I've changed my mind, I take it back ..
............. Erase and rewind, I've been changing my mind ..
............. I've changed my mind .. ( cool song ! )

ERASE & REWIND by the Cardigans
> turn it up ^

heart / sun
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2018 6:50:18 PM
Lmao!

Just tell her you like her so she can tell you she likes you, too! :)
 calliopedreams
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2018 11:05:45 AM
That you are a 12-year old girl masquerading as a grown man.

Seriously, WHY keep track of someone who dumped you? Ugh.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2018 11:50:57 AM
*Writes out a note: Do you want to be my friend?
Please check [] yes [] no*

Crinkles up note and passes it to her from Brian.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2018 3:08:26 AM
Facebook is puerile way to show off to the ex (or ex'es) for meaningless nothingness to prove how wonderfully the solipsistic twatnose has come along, like that matters.

It's just a show and it should be treated as "entertainment purposes only," strictly.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2018 6:29:26 AM

Facebook aka Stalkernet is the bane of this society.

Most Facebook behavior seems worthless, and Facebook is completely useless as a mobile app, but it's possible to view and participate in useful content through there.

I'm in two Facebook groups for lost and found pets in my area. Recently a dog without a collar or tag wandered to my street. My neighbor put the dog in my fenced backyard for safety, then when I got home, I took photos of the dog and posted them on the Facebook groups. My post got shared, and it wasn't long until the dog's person sent a message with his number. I called and he drove to my place and took the dog home less than two hours after I made the post. The Facebook group allowed a quicker reunion than if I had to wait until the next morning to take the dog to my vet to read her microchip. Would have been a delay of at least 15 hours for the pup to get home without Facebook.

Joined several other useful groups. One is for stolen alerts in my county. People can keep an eye out for vehicles, people captured on security cameras, and stolen items the thieves might try to sell. Sometimes people make amusing comments shaming the thieves when caught on camera. Sometimes people find the Facebook pages of the alleged thief. When the thief is male, often his Facebook page suggests he has a harem of female admirers and there are many photos of him with various women. Not surprised so many women flock to criminals like flies on ****. When the alleged thief is female, comments from females are often viciously catty, making fun of their face, body, clothing, likely promiscuity, etc. Comments from both genders about any thief often involve drug use, especially meth, and sometimes inbreeding.

One of my Facebook friends posts hilarious edgy memes the mainstream media would never consider.

I typically unfollow Facebook friends rather than unfriend them if they post overly annoying content (usually political). Haven't been unfriended by anyone in a long time; seems like all the snowflakes on my friends list have weeded themselves out. Although one gal who unfriended me on Facebook over a year ago recently voted yes or maybe for me on POF "Meet Me" when she got back on here (we initially matched on Tinder and went on one date in real life and were Facebook friends for about a year).
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2018 8:26:09 AM
we get out of FB, what we invest in it. This FOMO that we have with cellphones and FB...it is an addiction for some, who crave attention from any human or affirmation of worth. its like we replaced "the b00b tube" with something more interactive. like Alexis De Torqueville said, we invest devices to save time, then other devices to waste that time we saved.
 jerseynative7
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2018 10:37:45 AM
Honestly, youre behaving like a 13yr old drama queen. I doubt she even realized you unfriended her in the first place. Its not like anyone gets a notice when that happens.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2018 12:12:30 PM

What did this tell her? Does she have me figured out now?

Yes, at least in a basic way -- but maybe not that you're reveling about her day in, day out.

Did I make my feelings obvious in an a moment of painful douchebaggery?

Absolutely. Emphasis on being a douche. :) This is something a year or two later you're going to be like "WTF". :)

It IS as bad as it looks. Ya gotta suck it up and "take the sack". You basically told her you're not so much into being friends, but do want to stay connected on FB -- which isn't a good idea for you, either. You're confused. You made a situation worse.

You should have just dropped her (she wouldn't notice for a good while, if you two don't chat on there). Staying connected is going to extend you pining over her. She's enjoying other erect penis, and delightfully so. And none of them are yours, which she Has Rejected. It's best you move past that. In about 10 days, I would say defriend her, and don't say a word. You shouldn't want to be friends with her if she Only and will Only want something platonic with you. Move on. :)
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2018 10:15:28 AM
Ok I counted, you screwed up approximately 5 times in a row.
How hard is it to just be honest, without seeming like a complete jerk?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2018 3:10:56 PM
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

1 Corinthians chapter 13. Read it from the beginning of the chapter. Verse 4 will speak to you about what love really is, it is perhaps one of the most quoted passages from the new testament.

here:
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love NEVER FAILS!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Unfriended, then re-friended woman who rejected me. What did this tell her?