Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 platitude545
Msg: 1
view profile
History
DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Medicare, Social Security saved. No more tax cuts. Trump impeached? Huge win for the country. Perhaps our democracy can survive after all.

Payback for Kavanaugh.

All their Gerrymandering, they still couldn't pull it off.
 N2U18
Msg: 2
view profile
History
DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?
Posted: 11/6/2018 8:26:58 PM
https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/status/1057343436540596225
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2018 8:43:43 PM
I can't go to that link, so can you tell me what it is?
 LGL1975
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2018 8:46:07 PM
Republicans won Ohio and Florida. Trump is good for another term.
 N2U18
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2018 9:13:44 PM
Is it that you can’t go to any Link or just that Link? Here is a link to the same thing but on YouTube.
It’s a montage of media declaring “The Beginning of the End” for Trump, spanning the last 2 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJkhUAdHqbQ

2 years of 24/7 Negative Media Coverage and the result is that the Republicans did great.

I believe the House can recommend impeachment, but enforcement will be the job of the Senate. Republicans added to the Senate, making it easier to approve a Judge for SCOTUS if there happens to be a vacancy.

What Democrats did to Kavanaugh made a difference.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/6/2018 9:36:30 PM

God has a reason for allowing bad things to happen.
We may never understand His wisdom, but we simply have to trust his will!!

-Psalms-

=========

Congratulations to the winner party!!

Just do not mess with our great hard working president
Or will pay the price in 2020:)
 Rumours
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/7/2018 6:03:51 AM
Wait...What?
Is Don the Con still President?
Looks like another 2 years of entertainment.

I hear the voters in Nevada were on the ball....
-----Voters in Nevada just elected a dead pimp to the State Assembly, sort of ... voting in Dennis Hof only 3 weeks after the famous brothel owner died at one his whorehouses.
Dennis was still on the ballot as a Republican candidate for the Nevada state legislature, despite being found dead Oct. 16 at his famed Love Ranch in Crystal, Nevada ... and he beat out Democratic opponent Lesia Romanov in a landslide.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 6:56:52 AM
^^^ Umm ... that was deliberate.

Dennis was still on the ballot as a Republican candidate for the Nevada state legislature,

Voters who wanted to see a Republican take that seat HAD to vote for Hof, since he was the only Republican on the ballot for that office.

Now, a Republican will be appointed.

“Given the make-up of the district, he was going to win. Based on previous experience (candidates have died before) and the fact that Nevada does not allow write-in candidates (that’s how many states would deal with this), Hof will win the election. The overwhelming Republican majority of voters will not vote for the Democratic challenger. Since two of the three counties (that make up Assembly District 36) are Republican-controlled, they can outvote the Clark element, where the Democratic voters are mostly located.”

Lokken continued, “I have to assume the Republican caucus of the Assembly will be relieved. There was apparent concern about Hof’s pending election victory, dealing with a brothel owner, and a controversial one at that.”

Nye County GOP Chair Joe Burdzinski is yet another who is anticipating a victory for Hof this November, despite his death. “Elections in the past have always favored Republicans over Democrats in Assembly District 36 and all of Nye County,” he said.

However, Burdzinski still took the time to emphasize his belief that voters need to hit the polls and cast their votes in favor of Hof.

“People need to vote for Dennis Hof so a Republican can be appointed to that seat. In that case, when Dennis wins, Nevada NRS clearly states that a Republican would have to be appointed to that position,”

https://www.dennishof.com/nevada-experts-voters-expected-to-elect-a-dead-man/
 daynadaze
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 6:58:51 AM
No, I can't get to many links, including YouTube.
 Rumours
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/7/2018 8:20:08 AM

^^^ Umm ... that was deliberate.

Thanks....didn't read the whole article..

No, I can't get to many links, including YouTube

Most on youtube...won't show or takes to multiple...I just don't bother with them.
 platitude545
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 9:10:37 AM

God has a reason for allowing bad things to happen.
We may never understand His wisdom, but we simply have to trust his will!!

-Psalms-

=========

If there is a God, what an insult...to make God appear to be so petty that he would interfere with an election between Repubs and Democrats.....that he would grant the myopic prayers of Republicans to win their races and that he allowed a "bad thing to happen" by allowing the dems to take the house. You know I am a big believer in Freedom of Religion and the right to believe in God...but you nutcases belittle God...making him nothing but a partisan hack...every chance you get. Pathetic....you all are so fuked up as to be beyond words.
 platitude545
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 9:21:29 AM
This is religion in politics....televangelists at work....Trump is the second coming...and opposition is Satan....sick people... bigly sad:

https://www.facebook.com/USdems/videos/vb.350410435343749/254251848610066/?type=2&theater
 Noftheborder
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 9:28:25 AM
Perhaps the bad thing that "he" allowed to happen was Trump getting elected in the first place. No wait, that wasn't any kind of divine intervention, it was people voting in a secondary god...isn't there something in their bibles about not placing other gods before "him"??
 platitude545
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 9:52:49 AM
^^^^ don't tarnish the rest of us with the nutso evangelists....they are the bane of religions everywhere.
 LGL1975
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 11:12:18 AM

Perhaps the bad thing that "he" allowed to happen was Trump getting elected in the first place. No wait, that wasn't any kind of divine intervention, it was people voting in a secondary god...isn't there something in their bibles about not placing other gods before "him"??

Trump won because the democrats picked a worn out neoliberal shill nobody wanted over a progressive that was actually offering them the things they do want.
 Noftheborder
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 11:26:10 AM
^We all know, except for the Aprils of the world, how and why Trump got to hold a position he has no business holding. His press conference today proved once again he has no business holding the position. In 2020 he'll hold the same value as HRC. He's definitely going to have a very rough 2 years ahead of him. It's likely why he was such an idiot in the press conference...running scared. With all his anxious nose sniffing, his head was close to exploding. What a fool. Now if the Dems can get behind a worthy candidate, the next presidential election should be a shoe-in for them.
 platitude545
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 11:29:26 AM

Trump won because the democrats picked a worn out neoliberal shill nobody

Do have to agree on this one....though Hillary would have been a good President...she was so disliked that anybody but her would have been a better choice. She was a much better person than her public perception though...but perception becomes truth.
 trinity818
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 11:32:00 AM

Now if the Dems can get behind a worthy candidate, the next presidential election should be a shoe-in for them

And there's the "rub". That seems to be a problem for them.

Florida had a perfectly good candidate in Gwen Graham. Why Gillam won the primary is beyond me.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 11:37:13 AM
“Trump won because the democrats picked a worn out neoliberal shill nobody wanted over a progressive that was actually offering them the things they do want.”

That’s just about the only true thing you’ve said over the past several weeks.

Trump must know he is in serious jeopardy, not merely because the Democrats won the overall House race by millions of votes and overcame some hellacious gerrymandering to take back the chamber, but winning the governorships (and some Senate seats) of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania strongly suggests they realized they made a mistake in 2016, and that’s all the Democratic candidate (Beto?) would need to flip to beat Trump. Ohio’s pretty much gone red while Florida is highly untrustworthy (though those 1 million new felon voters might put the Dems over the top here!), but the “Blue Wall” is looking mighty blue again. Unfortunately, it might be too late by then for the courts (the Senate will now rubber stamp everybody Trump sends to them) and the environment.

BTW, everybody talks about how much better the Senate prospects are for Democrats in 2020: I don’t see that at all. They will be Collins and Gardner for sure, but they just lost 4 seats and need to make up 2 or 3 more seats, and all the other GOP Senators up for re-election in 2020 are from DEEP red states. I’ve said this before and will say it again: I think the Senate remains Republican for generations to come, simply because there are more Red States than Blue States, even though there are a lot more Blue State People than Red State People (see: the House of Representatives). So when the Democrat (Beto?) wins in 2020, he/she will have a Republican Senate to contend with and may never get any judges or cabinet members approved.

I keep saying “Beto” because though I was not a believer before, what he did in Texas is downright miraculous. The man is a true Rock Star – him almost winning the biggest red state of all (even though Abbot won re-election as governor by millions of points) shows me something about his popularity – even more impressive than what Abrams did in Georgia and Gillum did in Florida.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 11:43:24 AM
So what was the script with this geezer? The guardian newspaper over here waxed lyrical about him.

But $70 MILLION? Christ that could build a school or a hospital could it no?

And the other geezer spent $40 MILLION!!!!!!!!!

That is ridiculous amounts of shekels to spend for BOTH of them. Do yous no think it is a bit obscene spending all that cash?.........

"The British media have been going wild over a Democratic candidate for the US Senate in Texas who calls himself Beto O’Rourke (Robert Francis O’Rourke), despite raising a record $70m he still lost against Republican rival Ted Cruz.

O’Rourke was described by Channel 4 News as having “a skateboard, a young family and modern political instincts to match”, the BBC called him a “rising star” but last night despite the overwhelmingly positive coverage of his campaign he fell short of winning by 100,000s of votes.

The Democrat raised the most money of any Senate campaign in US history, having raised almost $70m compared to his rival Cruz’s $40m.

Yet last night he lost by over 200,000 votes to Cruz with 98% of votes counted."

https://www.westmonster.com/media-darling-democrat-beto-orourke-raises-record-70m-and-still-loses/

This is the spending allowed in the WHOLE of the uk.........

"At national level, a registered political party can spend £30,000 for each constituency that it contests at a general election. So a party fighting 650 seats could spend up to £19.5 million across the UK."
https://fullfact.org/law/election-spending-rules-conservatives-electoral-commission/
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/7/2018 12:06:37 PM

I keep saying “Beto” because though I was not a believer before, what he did in Texas is downright miraculous. The man is a true Rock Star – him almost winning the biggest red state of all.

Oh please don't be so ridiculous,.... (deleted bc I want to be nice) :):)

FYI. DEMOCRATS SPENT 100 million, repeat..ONE HUNDRED MILLION repeat again (just in case)
O N E -H U N D R ED -M I L L I O N - PROMOTING his campaign.
Does that still seems to you like A "miracle"? Or him looking like " rock star"?..
But... Hey, I agree with you with ONE word you said: "Rock"..:):)

=======
Another fun fact:

Democrats spent almost the same amount in FLORIDA. :)

======
They spent to much money on these states and still lost....:):)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 2:49:02 PM
Oh, so the house overrules everyone, except god. (Maybe) Since when?

Good luck trying to get rid of Trump, Kavanaugh, Pence, in no particular order. I'd think that mueller should start worrying about who might be the next AG. He might have someone that doesn't sit around all day long with his finger up his nose.

Then they have to deal with the senate, which by the way is in republican control.

So, go hide in your closet and scream. We'll pretend we don't hear you.
 2Irish123
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 3:49:04 PM
tRump won't be impeached, perhaps investigated like Benghazi (hahahahahahaha), but not impeached. Kavanaugh, he's the one who will fall under the House impeachment axe, though he'll survive conviction in the Senate.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 3:58:22 PM
^"Kavanaugh, he's the one who will fall under the House impeachment axe, though he'll survive conviction in the Senate."

I believe that would be more of a mistake than going after Trump.

"Democratic Senators lost in battleground states after voting against Kavanaugh"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/07/kavanaugh-effect-midterm-elections/1915457002/

And Blue wave??? More like a Purple Slushie.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/7/2018 4:00:17 PM

God, what an insult...to make God appear to be so petty that he would interfere with an election between Repubs and Democrats.....that he would grant the myopic prayers of Republicans to win their races and that he allowed a "bad thing to happen" by allowing the dems to take the house. ............................,,......You know I am a big believer in Freedom of Religion and the right to believe in God...but you nutcases belittle God...making him nothing but a partisan hack...every chance you get. Pathetic....you all are so fuked up as to be beyond words.

Well..... Our God allowed " THE BABY KILLERS" to get in power so they can keep killing!!

I do trust God, everything has a reason to be.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?