Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you expect from a partner?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
What would you expect from a partner?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"Here is my list and feel free to write your own
Attractive with or without the make-up
Free thinking and not a feminist
Emotionally Stable and no drama seekers
Low Maintenance – she can pay for herself
Supportive and not confrontational
Enjoys sex – yep no ice queens or one’s with history of abuse
Caring and warm hearted
Was brought up in a stable two parent household – biological father and mother
Single, but not divorced
No single mothers”
"The west used to have women, that ticked all these boxes and it used to be easy for a man to find a decent woman, but now they are very rare"
 MsMicki
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What would you expect from a partner?
Posted: 11/13/2018 4:50:50 AM
Good luck with that...
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:33:08 AM
"Single, but not divorced"

Is that code for virgin? There's a thread about single people who have never been married, and a lot of the comments are along the line, that if someone hasn't been in a serious relationship/marriage by a certain age (don't know what the specific age is), there is something wrong with the person-and a divorced person would be a better catch. If someone is divorced 4 or 5 times, would that still be considered a better catch?
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:47:32 AM
^Where do you get your crazy ideas from simp? I can guess you are divorced and a failure…What does divorce mean? Failed marriage…Why don’t you concentrate on writing a list, instead of trolling and talking BS? Or are you unable to describe what you want and keep on making the same mistakes?

"Very rare to find a western woman to tick even half the boxes on my list and I'm not settling for entitled, miserable, argumentative, self centred, drama queens, who think the sun shines out of their ass and they are never wrong about anything"
 jerseynative7
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:48:02 AM
Like attracts like. If you dont possess those qualities yourself, youre probably not going to find them in a partner.
 Tech30
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:52:44 AM
I found one with all those qualities. I put a ring on it.

Good luck as there arent many like that out there.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:53:13 AM

"The west used to have women, that ticked all these boxes and it used to be easy for a man to find a decent woman, but now they are very rare"

I feel your pain.
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a man these days who's IQ is higher than a
pot roast and who's mind isn't closed off by ideas from the 70's?

I guess those would be two things on my list...if I could be bothered to make one.
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:55:15 AM
"Tech30, I wish you luck and hope she does not turn on you at some point, cause it seems in these modern times, that western women divorce men a lot and take away everything a man owns...so keep your eye on her and keep your money safe from her clutches"

"was she a Thai bride? women outside of the west, seem to be traditional, respectful and care about men, unlike the majority of western women...it's all about them and them only"

"the family courts cater to women 99% of the time and destroy men, so be very aware of this, cause it is becoming an epidemic" They will take away a man's home, his income, his children and leave him with nothing, but a pot to piss in"

"also be aware of metoo, cause you can get your life ruined by fake accusations, without due process and any evidence or witnesses, but just a woman's word...guilty until proven innocent..just look at brett Kavanaugh and he is a supreme court justice, so what chance does the everyday guy have, if he is falsely accused?"
 Natey2
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:05:41 AM
Somebody once said:
Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:10:35 AM
I think what you are describing is a NAWALT. The last of the unicorns. Not many women will turn the head of a man that has already adopted most of the philosophies of a MGTOW. Your history is loaded with the terminology. If you hold onto hope you might find this perfect woman but I imagine you will die first. Sorry and may you rest in peace.
 Tech30
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:27:52 AM
"Tch30, I wish you luck and hope she does not turn on you at some point, cause it seems in these modern times, that western women divorce men a lot and take away everything a man owns...so keep your eye on her and keep your money safe from her clutches"
"was she a Thai bride? women outside of the west, seem to be traditional, respect and care about men, unlike the majority of western women...it's all about them and them only"

"the family courts cater to women 99% of the time and destroy men, so be very aware of this, cause it is becoming an epidemic" They will take away a man's home, his income, his children and leave him with nothing, but a pot to piss in"

___________________________________________________________________________________________-
She's European. from Malova and speaks russian.I love euro women. On my trip to greece this past summer I saw so many examples of how awesome they are.
I agree that many western women are more about what they can get out of you than what they can bring to a partnership. I was so tired of western women. I was sick of dating, and nearly cancelled my date with my wife.

Luckily I didnt , from the first date I saw she was very different. She wasnt afraid to speak her mind, she insisted on paying for part of the 8 hour date. She has traveled a lot and so she had so many interesting things to talk about.

She values family and doesnt care much for having "stuff"
plus i love her accent.

Again, good luck to you guys still in the dating pool. Its very shallow these days. and contains many throwbacks.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:34:21 AM
"Penny, I believe I was born in the wrong time and know from conversations with my father, that his generation had things much better, women were much happier and men...we did not have all this man hate and so called toxic masculinity, we did not have the Duluth model in schools and universities, We did not have women divorcing men, taking their homes, their income, their children and leaving men homeless or suicidal or putting them in prison for not being able to afford to pay

we did not have metoo mobs destroying innocent men, we did not have this divide between men and women, we did not have all these single mothers and the stable family unit was in place, we did not have this gender stuff, claiming women and men are the same, when biology, shows, that men think different and make different choices to women...I see zero benefits for men in today's society and everything is against us.

No going back to those great times again, at least not in my lifetime, but they may return in future, if the west survives?"

"Tech, you maybe onto a winner and the Russian accent is sexy"
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:17:56 AM

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a man these days who's IQ is higher than a

These days it's difficult finding a woman who passes grade school grammar. For example, they can't comprehend when to use "whose" versus "who's", or "they're" versus "their" versus "there". The people who proclaim themselves smart are the most likely to write what would get an F in school.

As to the OP's ambitious list, unfortunately it's extremely rare to find someone available who has every attribute. A good percentage of the gals I've dated had traditional parents: still married and her mom was stay-at-home.

One would think many women would like to fit that list: looking good without makeup, enjoying sex, etc.

Having kids out of wedlock is considered a positive in some circles. Campaign ads for a female candidate for the US senate described her as a "single mom" when she was younger. It makes sense given most Americans these days don't have fathers, so that point about her might appeal to many Democrat voters (women who had kids without being married, people of either gender who were raised in a fatherless household), but it reinforced my confidence the other candidate was the lesser of the two evils (good news is the other candidate won).

Did the OP forget to say she should be good at cooking and cleaning?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:23:08 AM
OP.. I agree. The family unit as it was when I was a child is being destroyed by the feminist agenda. I grew up in simpler times as well.
Biologically men and women are very different and I wish as a society we would embrace that. I don't want to be like a man and I know I am not equal to a man in logical thinking and physical strength.

I have two grandsons. One is 22 and the other 19. I warn them and caution them about making the right choices regarding women and relationships because I do think this third and forth wave of feminism has ruined the fabric of our society which once was a stable family unit.
I believe in a more biblical relationship where the woman is subservient to her husband. I don't believe a woman can emasculate her partner and thrive in a good marriage and provide a structured and stable environment for their children.

The stats on men being raised by single mothers is very poor but a testament truly to where the problem lies. I cried when Roe vs. Wade passed and foresaw the cultural collapse of society as we once knew it in the era of the 60's when all was free love and liberalism took it's roots. The effects I believe have most eroded the esteem of young men. This is why I am an advocate of the MRA and MGTOW movement.

There are "decent" women and women who do not buy this already failed agenda called feminism. The traditional roles of men and women were what made families prosper and households work. Without the financial, emotional and encouragement of a father children both boys and girls suffer. A child needs his father as much as he or she needs maternal guidance. Unfortunately in today's society men have become disposable.
 cooldog65
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:33:32 AM
I would like to add to OP's list that she is born female (no transformers please) and pulls her own weight financially.

Boo...I like pot roast with some cream of mushroom gravy. Yum...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:34:20 AM

Geez...OMG I know!
I only have a 3rd grade education, so I think I do pretty okei.

Also, I'm old.
I don't have to worry about the draft anymore. I don't have to worry
I'll never have a LTR or kids...and I don't have to impress anyone to
attract anyone.

So yeah, I'm still going with the pot roast IQ.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:50:25 AM
I just want to point out that the traditional roles of men and women
don't work anymore because the days of most families being able
to survive on one income are long gone.

Woman started HAVING to work...then started enjoying working...
and then figured they deserved the same rights as men regarding
equal pay for an equal job done. Working outside of the home didn't
change the dynamics of working inside the home though. Most women
were expected to do their housewifey things AND work...it's no wonder
many got pissed off.

I think woman are able to do jobs
men traditionally do, but of course there are limits on their physical
strengths. I reject the possibility that woman are not as smart as men...
any book on historical landmarks reached by women is a testament to
that.

Everything changes...if it didn't, we'd still be in caves and men would
be hunting and dragging women around by their hair. We need to change
with it and somehow make it work. Nothing wrong with feminism. On
the other hand, radical views either way are often used to invalidate
it's importance.

I reject radical feminism just as I reject MGTOW.
We do need each other.
 hemingway234
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:52:41 AM
op, A large percentage of the women in your age group will have been engaged or divorced at least once. That's okay, at least they made a go of it and are capable of love and being loved. it's a good thing.

And about half will have young or grown kids. Kids are not a bad thing; kids are more little people to love you.

In my opinion, you are acting too picky.

- maitaminute! I liked the 70's! oops
 browneyesboo
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 9:07:45 AM
^^^who didn't like the 70's?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 9:12:27 AM
"PennyAnte, you did your homework and you see why men choose to walk away...3rd wave feminism radical self entitled SJW's with mental disorders and daddy issues, 4th wave feminism, the metoo mob and removal of due process(innocent until proven guilty and if the accuser has lied...no action will be taken, but the man's life and reputation is ruined...that is misandry working against men and feminists are continuing to take rights away from men and punish men for being born"

Brown, you are a typical feminist and you can't see outside of your indoctrination, you think you have to compete with men, cause you were lied to and told you were held back...how do you make things work with a man, when you hate men, resent men, have no respect for men and have to always try to prove you are better than men?

you must be a typical feminist, who wants to run a man's life and control him, get your own way everytime and never care what a man thinks or feels, cause it's all about you

you are living in fantasy land and you have no idea, what mgtow is all about...feminism is destructive to men and destroys men...read what I said, read what penny said, look it up and learn something new, stop reading and watching mainstream media, stop reading feminist lies and learn the truth"

"feminists are all the same no matter, what wave it is, they are all indoctrinated and collectivists, who can't think outside of the ideology and always have to hold up the victim card, so they can get ahead, but they will never accept blame for anything"
 Tech30
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 9:38:34 AM
I just want to point out that the traditional roles of men and women
don't work anymore because the days of most families being able
to survive on one income are long gone.

Woman started HAVING to work...then started enjoying working...
and then figured they deserved the same rights as men regarding
equal pay for an equal job done. Working outside of the home didn't
change the dynamics of working inside the home though. Most women
were expected to do their housewifey things AND work...it's no wonder
many got pissed off.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes both men and women have to work now as living off a single income is near impossible now in many cities.
Though women who choose a career over a family , yknow, those strong independent types , end up not as happy as women who dont climb the corporate ladder and spend more time with their family.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think woman are able to do jobs
men traditionally do, but of course there are limits on their physical
strengths. I reject the possibility that woman are not as smart as men...
any book on historical landmarks reached by women is a testament to
that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women and men gravitate to different things, thats why i hate when there is a push for more women in this or taht. If women wanted it theyd go for it.

and why arent women going for those high paying roofing summer jobs instead of those summer jobs working at starbucks?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything changes...if it didn't, we'd still be in caves and men would
be hunting and dragging women around by their hair. We need to change
with it and somehow make it work. Nothing wrong with feminism. On
the other hand, radical views either way are often used to invalidate
it's importance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing wrong with feminism today is women have the same rights and pay and so on that men have. Feminists though NEED something to fight for so they find any little thing to feel oppressed about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I reject radical feminism just as I reject MGTOW.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why would you reject MGTOW? whats wrong with men who dont want relationships with women? HOw can you as a woman reject that? MGTOW arent marching in the streets protesting a non existent pay gap.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 9:44:02 AM
"attractive with or without the make up"

>>>about how old is this partner? some of us have genetically perfect cheekbones, but let's face it, age is a cur.

"free thinking and not a feminist"

>>is that also true about a guy partner? in the rural areas, someone attractive and smart got scooped up to make babies a few years ago...

"emotionally stable, no drama"

>>.which means they have to be mature, and that usually comes with age.

"low maintainance, she can pay for herself"

>>>probably easier in a small city with public transport, no driveways to shovel or lawns to mow. but avoid the big cities with the high rents.

"supportive and non confrontational"

>>>of course, we have to be on our best behavior, or she has every right to straighten us out. but here's the thing, if you mom was supportive and non confrontational, then that's the women you meet. everyone else repels you as all unknown substances do.

"enjoys sex"

>>>the irony is, everyone actually defines this differently. believe it or not. i've had people share their secrets with me, and as anyone who's been in this position knows, "vanilla" isn't a rock-solid definition. the time many people think they're lacking sex in the marital bedroom is...when they got turned down this morning :)

"caring and warm hearted"

>>>again, we don't recognize red flags that look like the ones we're waving.

as for the rest, no, single parent households can sometimes convince a child to figure out what went wrong, and NOT repeat it. they don't want their children to go thru what they did. before no fault divorce allowed wives to free themselves, it doesn't mean there weren't unhappy marriages--any study of leaders around the world finds mistresses, for example.

we look for someone like us, so we can feel comfortable being us. therefore, its on us to be the person we wish to have as a partner. for all some know, they HAVE met the partner of their dreams, and scared them off with their prejudices, material objects, way of conducting themselves when they thought they wouldn't get in trouble, etc.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 10:44:51 AM
"Woman started HAVING to work."

If both women and men stopped being so materialistic and started living minimalist lifestyles than perhaps they could afford to stay home with their children and giving them the security they need both before and after school or in those most formative years from 1-3 years old.

My husband and I were conservative and we managed on his income which was blue collar and below average in our time. I didn't have most luxuries that woman my age had but I had well rounded children that were secure and safe. Most of the latch key children in the neighborhood would come to my house after school. I was the mom with the Kool aid.

After 40 I was also a pre-school teacher for 15+ years and saw the negative impact of children being schooled all day sometimes from 7am to 6pm. I was their primary caregiver. In classrooms where their were more than 16 children and will admit that it was impossible to give them the one on one attention that they needed.

We live in such a materialistic society that even couples that could eek out on one salary do not. They all want to upgrade and keep up with the Jone's . I did odd jobs to supplement my husbands income. There was always a clean home, home cooked meals on the table and I knew where my children were. It was a happy home.

We didn't have much compared to the neighbors or most of our friends but I grew up depression era Sicilian parents that taught me basics in necessity, how to make the most of a dollar. I shopped at thrift stores and I made my daughters clothing. We stretched our dollars buying bulk and eating left overs recreated. We had the same car for 17 years and shared it. I got what we needed first and what we wanted we saved to afford it we didn't use charge cards or borrow except for my mortgage which we paid off in 15 years.

I still have clothes and purses that I had in my teens. Everything old becomes new again. We live in a society that is bombarded by advertising that demands we get the best next new thing and the thought process is to upgrade, replace and purchase, purchase, purchase.

You can not put a price tag on the emotional well being of your child. My children didn't have video games, phones, designer clothes or allowances. They learned to participate in the family was it's own reward. I didn't wear gold jewelry or expensive clothing or waste my money on make up. None of it was a "sacrifice" it was a practical way to live and the benefits to my daughters were priceless.
 backcreek7
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 11:38:46 AM
^^^^ Penny ? you are truly ~ the salt of the earth ( love you )

..... heart / sun
 siisaa
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 1:54:44 PM

Like attracts like. If you dont possess those qualities yourself, youre probably not going to find them in a partner.

Yes. Too many people are too focused on what they want out of the other person, not what they actually deserve or bring to the table. Want to be in a healthy, functional, long-term relationship? Be the kind of man/woman someone will actually want to commit to.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you expect from a partner?