Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The deal with "Meet Me'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 robowens1971
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The deal with "Meet Me'?Page 1 of 1    
Please excuse if this has been raised before, but I can't find a straight answer on the forum. I'm a new member, and I'm getting loads of meet me notifications. Going from the thumbnail pics on the POF app, they are mostly from ladies younger than me and/or well out of my league. None of them seem to have viewed my profile either, which seems wierd. Is it genuine, and worth a paid membership? Interested in people's experiences, cheers
 UKBunny
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 11/14/2018 10:51:51 AM
It's crap - ignore.
Do not, under any circumstances pay ANY money for any 'add-on' stuff.........

(here since 2005)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 11/15/2018 2:02:28 AM
All of the above except why not meet the ones out of your league. What do you have to lose?
 robowens1971
Msg: 4
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:56:41 AM
Thanks chaps. I don't mind chancing my arm, just wanted to check if the people who have 'liked' me are actually genuine members before I waste any money getting their contacts
 Chastirin
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 11/15/2018 10:01:40 AM
If you get the email notifications, don't they tell you who wants to meet you? I can't remember. I'm pretty sure the information is available free somewhere. Then you can search them up and decide if you think they're worth contacting.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 6
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 11/16/2018 2:49:44 AM
Genuine? I see that wrd lot but have no ide what it means. Is it simply that people really exist? You can find that out by meeting them. Or, well what? Until you get to know someone you won't know if what they say about themselves is true.

As Chas says, use the name in the email to do a user search. You can do that simply by clicking on "mail/profile" above.
 LiverpoolFriendsMore
Msg: 7
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 12/25/2018 6:08:01 PM
I never use the Meet Me feature nor do I check to see who clicked Meet Me on my profile. It's just not a method that suits.

Which is probably also why Tinder didn't suit me either, I found the amount of people overwhelming.
 woz1968
Msg: 8
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 12/26/2018 3:12:17 AM

Which is probably also why Tinder didn't suit me either, I found the amount of people overwhelming.

I’ve got some figures based on my own persona experience if anyone is interested.

Three weeks since joining Tinder 703 women have “liked me”

I have liked back, basically matched with 26.

Out of that 26 I have talked to 11.

Out of that 11 I have met 1

That 1 talked about her ex all evening.

My opinion of Tinder is it’s a total waste of time.
 Clear_River
Msg: 9
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 12/27/2018 7:42:30 AM
Don't invest too much time, effort and thought in it. It is designed to get folks (mainly men) to upgrade. Not worth it at all.

Ironically I've done a bit better from Tinder than I have on here.
 LeftSpeaker
Msg: 10
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 1/12/2019 5:53:55 AM
It's a con, You can do a user name look up from the e mails and you'll see 99% are fake from POF to try and get you to pay
 kernowmade
Msg: 11
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 1/28/2019 12:30:19 PM
Just put up a photo, once people can get to see who theyare talking to you will never look back
 kernowmade
Msg: 12
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 1/28/2019 12:32:43 PM
You are a lot braver than most of us on here trying out Tinder. Of all the years on here, I have been on here, I have never met anyone!
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
The deal with Meet Me'?
Posted: 1/30/2019 2:51:36 PM
Some dating sites are little more than scams.
They have a list of very good looking women who are obviously models.
I get a email from the sites every day saying someone is interested in me.
When I go to the sites I get inundated by members wanting to talk to me but cant because I haven't paid the required fee. What proves it is fake is it is the same old faces coming into my inbox every day !
If they are going to scam at least make it believable !

I really don't think pof is a scam site as the women are much more believable on here.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The deal with "Meet Me'?