Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you like horses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Natey2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you like horses?Page 1 of 1    
I see many women in my area like horses. Some even own them.

To me, horses are like giraffes, antelopes, or ostriches. While I don't hate them, I can't really say I like them.
And I certainly wouldn't want to own them. They sound like a lot more maintenance than a dog or cat.

The only horses I like are the ones I have in the V8 in my car.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:28:30 AM
Horses built much of the modern world. I came to understand the colossal contribution they have made to civilization as a young boy. I hardly ever ride any more but as a boy and young man I was pretty darn good on horse pack trips into the remotest wilderness of the 48 states.

Yes, I like horses. I like women that horses, but also like women that are scared of them too,
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 3
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:44:19 AM
There are quite a few horse carriages in midtown NYC. I hope the horses are treated well. They are beautiful and decorated so pretty, I like to watch them, not so much drive behind them at their speed.
 Natey2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/17/2018 8:16:50 AM
Do horses positively acknowledge the presence of a familiar person when it sees them?
e.g. a dog would do something if it saw someone it knew. A cat might, or might not (some cats ignore/avoid everybody)

I've heard about horses running into a barn or stable that was already on fire (a cat or dog probably wouldn't do something like that), so I figure domesticating them could have reduced their ability to save themselves in these wildfires.
 trinity818
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/17/2018 11:09:21 AM

so I figure domesticating them could have reduced their ability to save themselves in these wildfires.

Not this horse:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/horse-found-shivering-uncontrollably-after-hiding-in-pool-to-survive-california-wildfires/
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/17/2018 12:14:23 PM
OP:
Do you like horses?
I see many women in my area like horses. Some even own them.

Horses Make a Landscape Look More Beautiful: Poems by Alice Walker

She's right~
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/17/2018 3:41:45 PM

I've heard about horses running into a barn or stable that was already on fire...

Trump said that if he was in a area where there was a heavily armed killer in a building shooting and killing people, he would rush into the building, even if he's unarmed, to confront the shooter. So who is smarter-Trump or a horse?
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/17/2018 7:39:34 PM
Horses are wonderful. They form bonds with other critters, including humans. Here's a short article from Psychology Today that may help you understand more about horses and our love for them.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-truisms-wellness/201607/no-horsing-around-about-the-human-equine-bond
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 9
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/17/2018 8:09:48 PM
Even in a horse thread we feel the need to mention Trump. This country has gotten very, very bizarre. Someone made a bit of a scene at the Thanksgiving lunch yesterday, where an old lawyer dived straight into politics 5 minutes into the meal, and the person got up and started to walk out. The lawyer shut his mouth immediately because the firm is a global org. and has all kinds of harassment rules... I felt he needed to be reminded that the office is not your family.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/18/2018 4:59:17 AM
msg#9:

Even in a horse thread we feel the need to mention Trump. This country has gotten very, very bizarre

I've noticed that as well. I can be reading an article in some magazine like the NYer or NYRB that has nothing to do with the politics and somewhere in there the author of the article slips in some slam about Trump.It's like a tic or something.Very annoying~
 Double Cabin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/20/2018 6:58:43 AM
LMAO. Yeah, I guess nobody ever brought up President Obama's name out of the blue.

After the daily plethora of pejoratives and the mountains of utterly unsubstantiated if not outrightly deceitful criticism that our 44th President endured with class for the better part of a decade quite hilarious to see a minority of Americans get their sensibilities in a wad over President Trump being compared to a horse in a wildfire. It's not like our 45th Predient goes out of his way everyday to insult someone or something, is it?

If you find this "annoying" taking note of it will only propagate it, you know that, right?

Please, remain annoyed.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/20/2018 7:14:41 AM
msg#11:
If you find this "annoying" taking note of it will only propagate it, you know that, right?

Please, remain annoyed

Annoyed I will remain.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar~
 N2U18
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 11/20/2018 7:23:59 PM
I think “Psycho Robots” are being described here.
Bill Burr is describing Women, but obviously we can apply this description to “Liberal Bots”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk5iqoYVUQc&t=168s

Relentless Lib Bots that everyone is so desperate to Escape!
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 12/16/2018 10:56:22 PM
Back to horses...

Not this woman...

had one land on and break my knee 30 years ago... 9 months of treatment and rehab and still having joint issues if I don't look after the leg...

I now respect the beasts they are, and as long as they stay their side of the barriers... I'll remain two blocks away...
(which made it interesting on ambulance/first response duties at local Agricultural fair and I was stationed in the dressage arena... )
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:26:09 AM
indeed. there is our romantic notion of what its like to have something (a puppy, a house, a fancy car) and then there's the crashing reality of what it costs. Down the street from me lives a petite lass who used to own horses and had her foot broken many times by them. when i used to mow her lawn, she said constant exercise kept her from feeling the broken bones every time the atmospheric pressure changed. I haven't seen her since to ask if that's still true in senior citizenry.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Do you like horses?
Posted: 12/17/2018 3:06:20 PM
I do. must folk I know do...

horses are a great grater of who's who in psychology.

hard work. responsibility. willingness to participate.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you like horses?