Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Help please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImpyAde
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Help pleasePage 1 of 1    
I get vey few matches and very few responses when i message people. I am polite, I never hit on them, send the dodgy pics etc, I try to pick something to comment on favourabliy about appearance and in their profile (if they have ione) but still get no responses. Here is my profile https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=197246147

Please can I have your views about what my profile should be like and what first messages should be like.

Thanks in anticipation
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Help please
Posted: 11/15/2018 11:58:29 AM
I already posted a response on your profile review thread, but forgot to answer about messages, then when I tried to edit my post, the site wouldn't accept the changes (typical for over half of attempts to edit posts).

What I said was your photos matter a lot more than the content of your messages. What you write doesn't matter much, just don't write anything wrong. People might post responses that there are many threads about messages. If you visit those threads, be aware many were written years ago when message content was less unimportant. Many were written before POF had a mobile app.

Nowadays message content importance is at an all time low, one reason people get message notifications immediately and respond faster, so short messages aren't bad the way they were when people might take over 24 hours to see a response and write something new.

Complimenting her appearance is usually not good. Can easily be interpreted as hitting on them, something you claim you never do.
 siisaa
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Help please
Posted: 11/15/2018 2:14:04 PM

Complimenting her appearance is usually not good.

Bingo. If you're messaging a woman, it's pretty much a given you find her physically attractive on some level. There is no need to mention her appearance.

That being said, she has to actually like your photos and profile content to respond. There are only a handful of profiles that REALLY stick out, many people aren't too good at selling themselves. ohenryx is one poster who springs to mind that has an out-of-the-ordinary profile (in a positive way). Maybe he will respond and offer some pointers.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Help please
Posted: 11/15/2018 6:10:06 PM
I read your profile, and did enjoy it, it's well written.
Pictures, crop and use the 2nd one. You also have aged well, really dont see why you are not coupled up already.
 ImpyAde
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Help please
Posted: 11/16/2018 8:40:27 AM
Thank you. It might me my hamfisted messages that I have been sending which give the impression I am not trying to give or the fact that what I euphamistically call plant based which is just a more gentle way of saying vegan.
 hemingway234
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Help please
Posted: 11/17/2018 2:37:50 AM
I don't mind compliments. But I'm cheap like dat.
 ohenryx
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Help please
Posted: 11/17/2018 11:10:08 AM

siisaa
There are only a handful of profiles that REALLY stick out, many people aren't too good at selling themselves. ohenryx is one poster who springs to mind that has an out-of-the-ordinary profile (in a positive way). Maybe he will respond and offer some pointers.

Thank you for the very kind words.

siisaa

Complimenting her appearance is usually not good.

Bingo. If you're messaging a woman, it's pretty much a given you find her physically attractive on some level. There is no need to mention her appearance.

I would disagree, slightly. You do not want to say anything about the bikini picture, or her cleavage picture. Never mention any such. But … If she has a picture with a 1,000 watt smile, I find it works well to mention something along the lines of, “You have a smile that would really light up the room!” Or, if she has particularly long beautiful hair, then it’s okay to mention how much you like her hair. Just don’t say something like, “Damn, you’re hot!” or “You’re so beautiful I can’t see how a woman like you would ever notice a guy like me.”

Overall, his profile and pictures look okay to me. I would just say, hang in there, keep working on it. It takes a while, this is not an overnight success kind of thing.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Help please
Posted: 11/24/2018 5:34:39 AM
Well it's the nature of the beast....been my experience on these sights that IF they don't like what they read or see for that matter they don't write or respond....people these days are to looks oriented and want a model for their partner or better yet a person who's financially secure...raised 5 kids and we didn't have a lot some times but always made it thru....being patient isn't a quality many have and rushing will get you in trouble….re-write your profile every now and again...she will come along.....good luck!
 whiterose0
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Help please
Posted: 11/25/2018 9:24:37 PM

Here is my profile https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=197246147

Please can I have your views about what my profile should be like and what first messages should be like.

You should try not to start every sentence in your profile with the pronoun, "I". Fair or not, it makes you come across as self-centered.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Help please