Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend? Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So I have just finished final exams for this year and I'm now on a massive break from my uni studies (still have an elective to do though but through a different uni through coursera). I'm super pumped as this is a huge break, about 3.5 months long. It is also my first major holiday with my boyfriend of 8 months. Was wondering any ideas forum folk may have for stuff we can do on the holidays?

So far we have a cruise booked that is in 3 weeks for 10 nights. Then we were also thinking to go to the blue mountains, sydney wet n wild, the zoo, the sydney aquarium, jenolan caves, probably also going to do some cosplay also and go to the movies. Anyone have any ideas of what other things may be fun?
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?
Posted: 11/18/2018 2:30:13 PM
See a play or 2 if that is something that the two of ya would like.
Take a blanket on the hike, have an impromptu picknick.
---have fun
 MsMicki
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 4:17:40 AM
<<< wonders how someone that lives at home with their parents and doesn't work can afford to do all these things?!!!

Instead of blowing all that money....how about get your own place and get out of the environment you complain so much about
 spot4username
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 8:37:08 AM
^^^^
Stop making sense!!!
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 10:12:59 AM
We are moving out either Jan or the end of next year, not that that is related to stuff me and my boyfriend can do on the holidays.
If you are going to come on my positive thread just to be snide don't bother.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 12:37:19 PM
I would not say the comment is snide... it is practical. You are 26 your number 1 priority should be moving out of your parents home. My youngest is 21, going to college full time and working part time. Her goal is to move out after Fall 2019 and she is saving her pennies to do so. No extravagant purchases or trips or jewelry or clothing. If I was your mother or father I would question your choices. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some to reach your more positive goals.

All of my daughters were working by age 16 and contributing to the household expenses. I did not coddle them. They all thank me for it now that I didn't just hand things over to them on a silver platter. They were more prepared to be independent and resourceful on their own. No good excuse at 26 years old to be still living at home with your parents and especially without a job.

Practical.. look it up.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 8:54:25 PM
I have disabilities. No more snide comments.
 lnitia
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 9:17:10 PM
It sounds like you have a ton planned- remember holiday is to alleviate stress l;ol!! I always found just chilling to be more enjoyable than booking every minute of my time..Especially when with a lover
 julystorm22
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 9:44:48 PM
Wow, I do wonder where you get the money from to do all those fun things...when I was on my university breaks I worked a lot. Although for a couple summers I was a camp counsellor at a rich girl camp out East and it sometimes felt like a vacation.
 MsMicki
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 5:35:32 AM
What have your disabilities got to do with it?
Seems they are a convienent way to have an excuse for not being a responsible adult and prepare for your future.

YOU are the one that comes in these forums and moans about her family life....
so YOU are the one that gets to hear how it would be "practical" (Thanks Penny!) to spend your money more wisely.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 6:16:57 AM

It sounds like you have a ton planned- remember holiday is to alleviate stress l;ol!! I always found just chilling to be more enjoyable than booking every minute of my time..Especially when with a lover

Yes true but it is like 3.5 months and like I'm sure most of it would not be spent doing that much lmao. My cruise is in 2.5 weeks. I hope my boyfriend loves it. Oh maybe going to the pool is also a good idea, probably the only thing we could get in before our trip.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 6:59:16 AM
Haunted House for a night :)
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 9:34:12 AM
"wonders how someone that lives at home with their parents and doesn't work can afford to do all these things?!!! Instead of blowing all that money....how about get your own place"

>>>work with enough youngsters as i have, and you won't wonder :) Living at home frees up money to do fun things and buy material things, and thus imagine one is successful. move out, and you are broke quickly and sitting around. i moved out as early as i could, and read the local papers to find events going on for free or near free. but then, i was interested in things like local history lectures, and lived near a university that had events for broke college students going on, even in summer.

some people complain about their problems, but its always smart to remember...if they really weren't getting something they wanted out of it, they wouldn't bother suffering in the first place. and there's another poster with a long thread about their love life i'm thinking of :)

the OP has worked hard at bettering themselves with study, so my suggestion would be, find something she and her partner enjoy, and share it together.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 10:24:33 AM
It's because I have a neurological disability and MDD. I couldn't live on my own due to disability and couldn't afford to live on my own.
What other users have been saying, criticising me and pushing me to move out is plain ignorant.
I pay for a portion of the rent but as I live with other people it's not that much.
 siisaa
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 12:49:03 PM

some people complain about their problems, but its always smart to remember...if they really weren't getting something they wanted out of it, they wouldn't bother suffering in the first place. and there's another poster with a long thread about their love life i'm thinking of :)

True, if it was all that bad she claimed, she wouldn't choose to stay there. people like attention (even if it's not positive) and may embellish/exaggerate the details to make their threads get more views & posts.
 MsMicki
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 6:12:25 PM

We are moving out either Jan or the end of next year

I couldn't live on my own due to disability and couldn't afford to live on my own.

Which is it?
 LastNemeanLion
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/20/2018 8:23:34 PM

PennyAnte
I would not say the comment is snide... it is practical. You are 26 your number 1 priority should be moving out of your parents home. My youngest is 21, going to college full time and working part time. Her goal is to move out after Fall 2019 and she is saving her pennies to do so. No extravagant purchases or trips or jewelry or clothing. If I was your mother or father I would question your choices. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some to reach your more positive goals.

All of my daughters were working by age 16 and contributing to the household expenses. I did not coddle them. They all thank me for it now that I didn't just hand things over to them on a silver platter. They were more prepared to be independent and resourceful on their own. No good excuse at 26 years old to be still living at home with your parents and especially without a job.

Practical.. look it up.

Ma~am,
I tip my hat to you

MsMicki
We are moving out either Jan or the end of next year
I couldn't live on my own due to disability and couldn't afford to live on my own.
Which is it?

Brilliant
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 9:04:58 PM
I looked up practical. Not everybody considers it a crying shame to be living at home with their family. People pool finances together and save big bucks. Not sure where all the disdain for living with your own parents is coming from, honestly. If I didn't live with my mother, who would have redone her kitchen this year? Would she have to drive somewhere to bring me soup when I'm sick? She used to be the highest earner in the family, now it's me, and we live in a paid off property and put money in the bank. I'd rather do this than pay rent to a stranger. Grown people are fully capable of agreeing when to be quiet, who uses the kitchen at what time etc. And... she's fun to be around!
 siisaa
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 9:33:31 PM
I agree ^^^ unless the environment is absolutely toxic, I don’t see a need for young people especially to leave home. It’s better to have multiple streams of income throughout the house instead of struggling financially just for “freedom”. I work in the medical field and see so many of my peers who are around my age who make decent money but their paycheck practically all goes to rent when their family lives locally! Unbelievable. The cost of living here is super high so in places like here and others like it, it’d be best for people to shack up with family until they’re established, financially stable and married or partnered to someone who is equally financially stable & established. If that is not a option, at least live with family.... beats living alone and having to pay for everything by yourself or trying to find roommates, who are strangers most of the time.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 9:44:23 PM

it’d be best for people to shack up with family until they’re established, financially stable and married or partnered to someone who is equally financially stable & established.

That's exactly what I see younger people do around here. If not married yet, they either live with family or with their significant other. Singles living alone are those over 30 and financially stable.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 1:58:59 AM

Which is it?

Living with my boyfriend is not alone and I said stop woth the snide comments just gtfo, not even on topic. I did not make a thread about fun things to do in the holidays to be harassed and criticized by old women.
 MsMicki
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 4:40:34 AM

I agree ^^^ unless the environment is absolutely toxic

+1

and according to her....it is.

Unless, of course, it is just more attention seeking garbage....
 NotableLion
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:37:52 AM

MsMicki
+1

and according to her....it is.

Unless, of course, it is just more attention seeking garbage...

Ma`am, you hit the nail on the head.

Do you know what else ma`am, most of her stories probably had never even been happened? She is a clear BPD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRBalF24wks
 hemingway234
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:44:46 AM
People in relationships should go on vacations together.........it's part of romance, and helpful to stay in love to keep the relationship together. You have to take time out to smell the roses once in awhile.

Pool is a good idea, as is the beach, dinning out, fishing, go out on a boat, glass bottom boat, shows, theme parks, concerts, too much to list.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 8:01:59 AM
"Living with my boyfriend is not alone and I said stop woth the snide comments just gtfo, not even on topic. I did not make a thread about fun things to do in the holidays to be harassed and criticized by old women."

Snide? No one here is mocking you directly or indirectly nor has anyone tried to be disparaging, derogatory, deprecating, insulting or dismissive.

The question was about priorities. One only has to follow your history here or know you as a regular poster that you haven't got your ducks in a row. The advice given was to perhaps save your monies or not to plan an extravagant vacation when you are in a living situation that you have complained about often. The advice was to be more stringent and have higher goals so that you can be happy and situated.

MDD does not stop a person from being a productive member of society if it is treated with both medicine and therapy. Perhaps some women here that are more mature and have been in life situations where they had to create change and sacrifice to do so are just trying to tell you the truth.

The truth is not "snide" unless someone is too defensive and fragile to hear it. You have taken it as an insult when it could be considered valid advice.

None of it is my problem so do what you will but when you realize that Beelzebub has a devil set aside for you and life gets unbearable I hope you realize that the money that was gifted to you by the grace of God should not have been squandered on lavish things before you got yourself settled in a situation where you could be completely happy alone.

A bf of 8 months is not someone you know well enough to be dependent upon him. It may eventually go down the tubes because you can not carry your own weight in the relationship. Or you may possibly find out that mathematically he slept with more than 18 women and then.....

Good luck anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?