Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > wow I paid so I can get this message      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kevin116
Msg: 1
view profile
History
wow I paid so I can get this messagePage 1 of 1    

POF blocks cut and paste messages and you may only contact 55 new people in a 24 hour period. Please refine your message as it will dramatically improve the chances that you will get a reply. Return to your inbox

Thank God I signed up for a match and .
 purplerider1200
Msg: 2
view profile
History
wow I paid so I can get this message
Posted: 11/18/2018 4:41:38 PM
First mistake- You fell for their sales pitch and paid.

No cut and paste messages? Huh. I did not know that one. Weeell, everyone in here knows that cut and paste is a loser.

What does PoF know about OLD dating? Zilch. Their song and dance about dating had to be cut and pasted from somewhere. Match? Try setting a match to your money instead. You'll get the same results.
 Gingersnap59
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 8:47:39 PM
News flash. Women generally do not appreciate "cut and paste" messages. We want you to Actually Read our profile, and then message us about something that caught your attention about us as Individuals.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 9:12:29 PM
now that your a paid member, you can see if any of those 55 messages have even been read! when I was a paid member, I was surprised to find most (like 90%) were never read nor did they view my profile.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 9:27:39 PM
I'm glad they block copy and paste messages, good to know.
 spot4username
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 1:24:27 AM
Rules about copy and paste and number of new contacts in a day have been in place since I joined way back in '06. They are probably listed in the TOS. Those aren't new rules by a long shot and did not show up when the option to pay for features showed up.

I could look at users who meet my basic parameters (age, distance) on ALL the dating sites and not find 55 men I was interested in. I am always amazed by men who say they send hundreds of messages. Are you genuinely that interested in meeting/dating every single one of those women?
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 3:13:54 AM
Are you saying Match allows cut-and-paste messages and contacting more than 55 people per day? If so, too bad for the paying users at Match. Paying big bucks to get spammed with obvious cut-and-paste messages.

POF does the right thing by having a mechanism to detect and block spam.

Good advice by the site to create custom messages. Dunno if the chances improve "dramatically", but it could be a dramatic increase in percentage:
cut and paste spam message: 0.1%
custom message: 1%
With those odds, the custom message would be 10 times more likely to get a response

Tinder also has a maximum limit for the number of people you can swipe yes. A good thing so people can't mindlessly swipe yes to everyone (hope Tinder doesn't waive that restriction for their paid users).
 lnitia
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 6:22:24 PM
Yes I can believe men would send 55 messages- i know many people who do not respond to messages unless ones meet every criteria on first message- i take the time to reply to every and any message- yet the ones i send out rarely reply- so yeah if you really would like to engage n dating- it is a law of averages- certainly lowering expectations and realizing hey those that totally thrill me just through a profile and or pic- have thrilled many so probably are not going to respond-https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/12/13/pony-somewhere/
comes to mind!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 7:35:41 PM
I read the rules when I joined in 2008 and 50 has always been the limit. It was designed so bots couldn't send out mass messages for scams.

Sending copy and paste messages never works. I would place a bet that you have been ignored more times than not because every woman online dating, no matter what site, can tell when a message is copy and pasted.

It certainly doesn't make anyone feel special when they know a man is sending the same message to 50 women. It seems desperate to me. I think beta cucks and mangina's do it. Trying to brag and be the white knight that every woman is looking for. They are usually droll and the man that do this are braggarts.

They give you a sales pitch... you and 49 other women. I always think "Go take a shit in your hat" and click next or block.
 jerseynative7
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 6:28:00 PM
So you spammed over 55 women in a 24 hour period? How are you even remotely interested in that many people?
 hemingway234
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:52:25 AM

POF blocks cut and paste messages

- so that's where all my messages went!

Actually, if you show up on "meet me" first when you pay, it might be worth it? I've gotten dates from the "meet me" feature. You need a decent profile, however.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:23:16 AM

So you spammed over 55 women in a 24 hour period? How are you even remotely interested in that many people?

He isn't. All he is thinking can I get my d1ck wet.
 Natey2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 6:41:51 AM
Msg:4

when I was a paid member, I was surprised to find most (like 90%) were never read nor did they view my profile.

I concur.
About 75% of my initial messages go UNREAD DELETED by the attractive women who probably receive too many messages or who just didn't like my profile pic that appears next to the message line in their Inbox.

Hopefully they aren't nasty and block me for sending them a message they didn't even read!
 ssm508
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 7:12:51 AM

News flash. Women generally do not appreciate "cut and paste" messages. We want you to Actually Read our profile, and then message us about something that caught your attention about us as Individuals.

Men can read a woman's profile and still send cut and paste messages because many women have similar profiles or interests. For example, when several or dozens of women mention hiking in their profile, he can ask them the same question about hiking and maybe change a few words in his emails to get around the POF cut and paste filter.

Besides unless the first email is overaggressive or crude, for the most part it doesn't matter what a man writes. It's largely about pictures and stats. I have written various types of emails and it didn't have much impact on the amount of positive responses I got. When I did get more positive responses, it was often after I added new and better pictures or to a lesser extent after I revised my profile.
 MtRushmore1970
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 5:38:31 AM
You'll find that a lot of your messages go unread and deleted. Those who do read the cut/paste messages simply delete them.
 Kevin116
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 3:13:32 PM

Newsflash. Women generally do not appreciate "cut and paste" messages. We want you to Actually Read our profile, and then message us about something that caught your attention about us as Individuals.

You do realize in my metro area allow women have hardly anything in their profile. lol
 Kevin116
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 3:28:11 PM

now that your a paid member, you can see if any of those 55 messages have even been read! when I was a paid member, I was surprised to find most (like 90%) were never read nor did they view my profile.

It's not bad 80% open read.
form 22 to 29 Old.
it not good for matches lol 20% open read. The sad part about that 90% of those messages Not cut paste
 Kevin116
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 3:38:39 PM

You'll find that a lot of your messages go unread and deleted. Those who do read the cut/paste messages simply delete them.

I have to say I have a 70% open right and at least get 2 emails a day and only about 30% of all the emails are cut paste anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > wow I paid so I can get this message