Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Acceptable first messages???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Saturday1154
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Acceptable first messages???Page 1 of 1    
So, I'm kinda new to the online dating scene. I'm still young so bare with me but, what exactly would be considered an acceptable first message after matching? Or do some people consider it acceptable to not even have to match before messaging? Legit, I have no clue. Can somebody please enlighten a fool of a man?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Acceptable first messages???
Posted: 11/19/2018 8:42:02 AM
My best advice is to just be yourself. Imagine you are speaking in person. What would you say? A simple introduction. Same here. Introduce yourself and suggest that you would like to chat or ask if she has time to chat. Easy. Don't complicate it or try to write a Bible. Keep it SIMPLE!

There are also hundreds and hundreds of questions such as yours here in the Forums. Go to search and type in your key words to this question and you will have many many threads to read. This question is perhaps the most redundant question here with the possible exception of "Why am I getting no replies"?
 lowkeylitone
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 10:21:24 PM
"Hey, how are you?" is all you need in my opinion. There's no need to overthink it. If they're interested then they will reply to you. And don't worry about messaging people that you match with. Simply message people you find interesting. Try to avoid complimenting their appearance also. Might sound odd, but it's pretty obvious to them if you're contacting them. Save your compliment for the first meet when they look their best! But if you must, avoid words like "sexy" or "hot". At least for me, I get the wrong impression.
 ssm508
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 8:16:55 AM
For the most part, it doesn't matter what you write. It's mostly pictures and stats that determine if a man will get a positive response. I have written various types of emails and it didn't have much impact on the amount of positive responses I got. When I did get more positive responses, it was often after I added new and better pictures or to a lesser extent after I revised my profile. Just avoid being overaggressive (such as asking a woman out on the first email) or crude (sexual content).
 hemingway234
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 7:04:59 AM

"Hey, how are you?" is all you need in my opinion. There's no need to overthink it. If they're interested then they will reply to you. And don't worry about messaging people that you match with. Simply message people you find interesting. Try to avoid complimenting their appearance also. Might sound odd, but it's pretty obvious to them if you're contacting them. Save your compliment for the first meet when they look their best! But if you must, avoid words like "sexy" or "hot". At least for me, I get the wrong impression.

- Bingo. You can just ask them where they are from, or any other normal conversation starting question. There is an old saying...... "You had me at 'Hello'".
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Acceptable first messages???