Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Plenty of Pervs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Plenty of PervsPage 1 of 1    
I've been on the site for years, but suddenly within the last two weeks, I'm getting several messages a day, and once we start chatting, the guys turn pervy right away.
My profile says I'm looking for a serious, LTR. I do not have any provocative pics.

But suddenly, creepy horndogs are coming out of the woodwork.

Anyone else experiencing this lately?
 julystorm22
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/19/2018 9:56:56 PM
Lately? Lol, try ALWAYS. Before I hid my profile a month ago, about half the messages were rather pervy, asking things like breast size, booty size, etc. And several messages contained reference to their penises so yup, I got a lot of messages from pervs.
 elednuw
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/21/2018 1:19:37 PM
Basically all guys no matter what age are pervs.Why?,because we're guys.We may not show it,but we think it.Too much testosterone makes us this way(lol).Bring on the hot chicks!!.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/21/2018 5:15:17 PM
If they are a perv, just block them. Try a site like Match or some other pay site maybe E Harmony instead of a free site that is a perv magnet.
 siisaa
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:41:53 PM

Bring on the hot chicks!!.

LOL....I can see them just clawing & clamoring for your attention.
 cooldog65
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:10:59 PM

Basically all guys no matter what age are pervs.Why?,because we're guys.We may not show it,but we think it.Too much testosterone makes us this way(lol).Bring on the hot chicks!!.

Even his headline is funny...

Are you thin,petite,cute,& sweet?,message me.
 elednuw
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/22/2018 10:11:39 AM
Nothing funny about the truth.
 whiterose0
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/22/2018 11:55:07 AM
What's truthfully funny is when someone is so out of touch with reality.
 spot4username
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/22/2018 12:29:41 PM
^^^
His profile is comedic gold.
 hemingway234
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:37:25 AM
Wow, his learning curve is going to be huge! Hurts my head just thinking about it.
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/28/2018 2:36:59 PM
He is being very honest. Men are men.
 whiterose0
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/29/2018 10:01:49 AM

Men are men.

Not all men act the same way. Most men in their late sixties are not coming into the forums soliciting women, nor are they putting an 18-65 year age range in their profiles.
 Ghalahad
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/29/2018 12:53:44 PM
Alot has to do with younger generations... Unfortunately, Chivalry and good old fashion behavior seems to be frowned upon... thats putting it nicely. Thank the music and media industries for this. Anyway, there are still some of us that value respect, taking the time to get to know the person, and who share similar morals and values. However today the more arrogant and forward ones tend to beat us to the chase... Just happens.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/12/2018 2:51:40 AM

Unfortunately, Chivalry and good old fashion behavior seems to be frowned upon...

No, I welcome it. I have expressed as much, in the forums, and it hasn't resonated well with some posters.

The media and music industries aren't responsible for this; people are. If somebody wants to be chased by a bully, to be bullied, then it speaks more about their character than it does about the establishments that may or may not endorse it. People allow this.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/12/2018 2:53:45 AM

Nothing funny about the truth.

And here I thought that Jordan Peterson fans appealed to 25-year-old incels, without any direction.
 CBGB77
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/12/2018 7:14:16 AM

Posted By: flowersinthelake on 12/12/2018 445 AM
Subject: Plenty of Pervs

And here I thought that Jordan Peterson fans appealed to 25-year-old incels, without any direction.

Lol,I never even heard of incels or MGTOW till I joined this forum and now Jordan Peterson. I am getting quite an education here.
 daynadaze
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/12/2018 8:06:18 AM
That's funny, that's what they said when I was a kid, it is what they were saying when my parents were kids, in fact they were saying that when my grandparents were kids...etc.
 athenashelmet
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/12/2018 6:03:17 PM
I don't even have a pic posted for that very reason and I still get "those" messages. Here in NC I seem to find the same members on free and paid sites. Wait till there is a free sign up period and browse around. You will see what I mean.

Online dating for me has evolved into something I simply have no luck with. I have better luck flirting at the post office, grocery store, and at hardware stores. I had a nice lunch date several weeks ago with a gentleman I met when shooting at the range. We enjoyed each others company but he has young children. That's a no go for me in the romance department.

Back to flirting for me...
 julystorm22
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/13/2018 8:33:21 AM
I just don't understand how you can flirt with strangers when you get to your 30s and up. 80% of the men are in committed relationships (either married or living together common-law) but only a third actually wear wedding rings so there's no way to tell. And flirting with the wrong guy will get you in a lot of trouble because their wife/girlfriend might just be an acquaintance of yours. If only there was some way to tell who the single men are. Sometimes I know their first and last names and look them up on Facebook but almost always I then see they are in a relationship. If I was to go to Home Hardware right now and flirt with some guy while looking at paint, for example, I might end up embarrassing myself because I'll find out he's seeing my daughter's dance teacher.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/13/2018 10:07:27 AM

I just don't understand how you can flirt with strangers when you get to your 30s and up.

The same way you do when you are 20 - except they actually own a vehicle to drive and don't have to deal with rental roommates when they get home.

80% of the men are in committed relationships (either married or living together common-law) but only a third actually wear wedding rings so there's no way to tell.

I debate those numbers. If that were true, then the flip side of that would be 80% of the women are 'committed' as well. Sorry to say, but wearing a wedding band gives plenty of people in public carte blanche to flirt mercilessly because they treat it like a 'Get out of Jail Free' card. If you think guys are exclusive to flirting, I have some swamp land to sell you.

Sometimes I know their first and last names and look them up on Facebook but almost always I then see they are in a relationship.

That's because guys in a relationship actually LIKE showing off their significant other on social media. They are proud of them.
I have plenty of married/committed women as friends on Facebook. They don't post pics of their husbands. Hardly ever. There are more pics of them with their girlfriends/kids/pets/vacation beach than they have of their significant other. Aside from their wedding pics (Which is really a showcase for the woman in the white dress), pretty much all you see of the guy is their annual Fall/Winter Christmas family postcard shot, and that is it. What is REALLY telling is when there is a family pic, and the ladies crop the guy out - and it happens more than anyone would like to admit.

And flirting with the wrong guy will get you in a lot of trouble because their wife/girlfriend might just be an acquaintance of yours.

How is that any different from talking up a guy at ANY local venue? From Walgreens to Wal-Mart, the same thing can happen. Online gives you the advantage of making connections more distant without the travel. If you are only matching online to people within a few miles, you are wasting the one true advantage online dating has - which is closing the distance.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/13/2018 5:53:23 PM
Danimal, I dumped FB a couple of years ago but looking back, I have to say that a number of the men posted photos of their SO while the women tended not to. I would have assumed it was because their partners did not want their photos on social media though, so you've certainly raised an interesting alternate perspective.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 12/14/2018 1:42:46 PM

I would have assumed it was because their partners did not want their photos on social media though...

That assumptions sounds like it's based off hanging around a lot of alpha-type males are to some extent, control-freaks. Guys who philander and do things they shouldn't be doing are the types who get upset about that stuff. I would hazard to guess a lot of normal guys don't give a damn about what pics are on Facebook -- aside from anything that could get them into trouble.

Women are a HECKUVA lot more controlling in their social standings and appearances. If you want an alternate perspective - think about this;
Ladies who are trying (and succeeding) at getting into stronger social circles once dominated by males - are refusing to show their man online because it could be read as a sign of weakness - a lack of independence - a less-than-alpha-powerful symbol that they feel compelled to make themselves to get ahead. ANY woman with a home business of some sort shows this front, no matter their relationship - because customers 'feed' off this independence and confidence like it's heroin or something.

I see this stance as sad and pathetic - but not because of what women are doing -- it's because of the stupid cavemen that own everything that force them into those roles. The 'Plenty of Pervs' people keep mentioning - are the dudes (and dude-ettes) who KNOW they hold the attractiveness card, and play it to control the rest of the game. We look to the upper 15% of hot and powerful and confident first - all the time, every time - and they KNOW it. Some of these 'pervs' may not fit the attractiveness mold perfectly, but they also know showing ANY weakness is fatal to success. It doesn't matter if you don't buy into it -- enough people do it for them to continue.

There are endless women out there who have already succeeded in many ways, but because there is still a richer or more powerful douche out there, they believe 'the Game' still means if they are not sucking a man's unit, they should be trying to cut it off. Maybe that sounds a bit extreme, but it is not far off the mark. A divorced woman who has been happy about the custody arrangement with their Ex for years - suddenly flips out and files abuse charges - because they find out their Ex is dating another woman - and appears to be happy in Facebook. That could be an example of why a normal guy may be worried about what shows on social media. Hell hath no fury... but why?!?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Plenty of Pervs