Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Problem with minimum characters in first message      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 beisch
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Problem with minimum characters in first messagePage 1 of 1    
Hi,

I've been getting bombarded with messages from bots for the last few months.
To remedy it (because almost all the time their message consists of just "Hey there :)") I have set the minimum character limit to 50 characters for the first contact message.
However after doing this, I am still receiving the "Hey there :)" nonsense from bots and fake profiles.
That's clearly well below 50 characters.
What is happening?

Thanks.
 spot4username
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Problem with minimum characters in first message
Posted: 12/3/2018 2:30:25 PM
As has been written about over and over and over in these very forums ---

Hey there :)

is the message you receive when a woman clicks the "show interest" button on your profile. It is like a wink on match. It is a flirt. It is a lazy way to make contact. No effort is required other than clicking. It isn't actually a message therefore it does not have to conform to the parameters you have set regarding minimum characters.
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 3
Problem with minimum characters in first message
Posted: 12/3/2018 6:14:19 PM
And the bots and fake profiles use this "flirt" to their advantage; this "flirt" circumvents the message length requirement as spot noted above.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Problem with minimum characters in first message