Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backcreek7
Msg: 1
view profile
History
backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^ ps? If posting a song please write song title out & the group name ( my url search thing doesn't work so swift,col )

... Welp ! I know this isn't the correct forum for music but ~ forum smore -um ~
... "relationships" are where my peeps are ( col - chuckle out loud )

... Will start this off with one of my VERY favorite songs & will dedicate it to PennyAnte ( who shares the same love of music, as myself )

... lyrics * - " The sound of the gun makes Johnny run, guess he never seen it coming ..
.................... He watches the news, they feed him the blues & the temperature is rising ..
.................... At the end of a rope there's a whirlwind of hope, so he does everything that he can ..
.................... Signs on the line, his intentions are blind, he sees everything through their eyes ..
.................... But this isn't real, this isn't real .. "

... THIS ISN'T REAL by Menew ( choose " live " David Letterman performance )
> turn it up ^

.. heart / sun
.. love / life
 backcreek7
Msg: 2
view profile
History
backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !
Posted: 12/3/2018 8:34:40 AM
... I dig this one to, so cool !

lyrics* - " Bet you got it all planned right, bet you never worry never even feel the fright ..
............... Bet you got it all planned right, never think to worry, never even feel the fright ..
............... Single sleeps alone and I know you don't really mind ..
............... Five years by your side so I know you really don't mind ..
............... But don't you never be down, I said don't ever ..
............... Because it's gonna keep him hangin' around ..
............... Never be down, I said don't ever ..

.. DON'T YOU EVAH by Spoon ( select youtube LP cover with dudes in some kind of garage )
.. > turn it up ^
.. heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2018 8:54:38 AM
... I think " pink moon " is a Native American term, for an extra full moon during the year ...
... Although whatever, it makes for an outrageously awesome short song by Nick Drake ( rest in peace )

lyrics * " Saw it written and I saw it say, Pink Moon is on its way ..
.............. And none of you stand soooo tall, Pink Moon gonna get ye all soon ..
.............. Hey it's a Pink Moon ..
.............. Pink pink pink pink pink Moon ..
.............. Pink pink pink pink pink Moon .. "

.. PINK MOON by Nick Drake ( on piano > digital box set on LP cover )
.. > turn it up ^
.... heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2018 5:36:06 PM
^^^
... Ahhh ~ the previous above song was low key, soothing & quite relaxing. After all, you just got home from a frantic day at work, your tired and want to relax. Now go ahead, climb up into that big ole lounge chair and rest you aching eyes. Kick your feet up & ask your sweetheart ( if that's the case ) to bring you a soothing glass of vino. It's ok, close your eyes and banish all thoughts, other then tranquility. On her / his way back into the kitchen, ask your lover to turn this quiet, calm & relaxing song below ^ UP a bit ( or do it yourself ) - so you can relax, just perfectly ! zzzz > zzzz >zzzz > ahhhhhhh ~ snore.

... lyrics * " I got me a complication, and it's an only child ..
................ Concern my reputation, as something more then wild ..
................ I know it serves me right, but I can't sleep at night ( zzz ~ zzz ~ zzz ) ..
................ I have to hide my face, or go some other place ..

................ I won't cry out for justice, admit that I was wrong ..
................ I'll stay in hibernation, til' the talk subsides to gone ..
................ My social lifes a dud, my name is really mud ..
................ I'm up to here in lies, guess I'm down to size, to sizeeee !

................ I can't ( poor puppy ) seem to talk about the things that bother me ..
................ Seems to be , what everybody has, against me ..
................ ( oooh ! oooh ! oooh ! right ! )

... TALK TALK by the Music Machine ( select Lp cover song with several gears inside showing & chill, col )
> turn it up ^
heart / snore / sun
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2018 2:09:49 PM
I dedicate a song to all those who may be hurting.

Ben tod. "using again"

even a deaf man could hear that song.
 backcreek7
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2018 4:26:16 PM
^^^

even a deaf man could hear that song

... So true my friend ~ & thank you sir for your selection ! For those of us whose lives are on an even keel, we need to think of our fellow human beings who are " hurting ". They are every bit as needing ( and more so ) as anyone on earth, and are still " gods children " each and EVERY one ! Very few here can even imagine the pain, the misery, and the total hopelessness of the " user ".
... We sit back in our easy chairs, warm & cozy , some thinking they are Gods true gift to the world. Judging others and ignoring the pain all around them / us. I have news for everyone, the moment we have neglected to think of others "hurting" in this manner or another, is the moment we have lost the right to call ourselves > decent human beings ! Thank you again sir, seriously ~ Maybe someone will, for whatever reason - read this and decide to actually try to help someone, that needs help in some way.
... ( heart / sun ) ...

lyrics * - " I'm living low down, and I'm using again ..
................ I am hating my name cause I am cursed like my kin ..
................ And if I should see you before I'm condemned ..
................ I hope your deceived by the webs that I spin ..
................ I wish I was who I appear, ' cause I despise the man in the mirror ..
................ Lost deep inside of my dirty old soul ..
................ Some starry eyed boy, never taught self control ..
................ The cost of my living, was more then I planned ..
................ So I held a needle, like a gun in my hand ..
... USING AGAIN by Benjamin Tod
... > turn it up & think about it ^
... ( love / life ) ...
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2018 4:43:45 PM
For all the past, present and future heroes who are, also, simply human.

A Soldier's Eyes....Jack Savoretti

...'Cause like the enemies that we are battling
I am nothing but a human alien
Left with nothing else but to keep wandering down
This path whilst stopping my hands trembling

Because I know that I'll be coming home soon
And yes, I know that I'll be coming home soon
With a soldier's eyes, with a soldier's eyes
With a soldier's eyes, with a soldier's eyes...
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/4/2018 4:51:12 PM
Is it okay to post sexually suggestive rap and r and b collaborations? That's what was in when I was young.

Ex. :
"you got stacks like the international house of pancakes"
"you got me harder than a roll of quarters"
 backcreek7
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2018 5:14:11 PM
^^^ Thank you again rednwhiterider, for bringing this subject to our attention. It is especially pertinent, in this so - called holiday season, that we think of others who are going through pain. In the average day to day occurrences of most people in our great country, we tend to be so self - absorbed we forget that so many others are hurting.
....... I will say this though, the " holiday season " does often remind many of us, of the down trodden > the forgotton ones who have little if any reason to exist ( in their minds ) . Obviously, the reason is Jesus Christ ~ he who gave his very life to be brutally crucified upon a cross, so our sins may be forgiven.
....... Although I don't follow, or necessarily believe in any specific religion, I do have a HUGE respect and love for decent God loving people of all types. Certainly, I believe - if it wasn't for Christianity, the world would be a much darker place. Those that feel religion itself is ( and has been) one of our main problems through history, I would say this ~ it is " people " who have corrupted Christs message and intent, not those who believe in Christ, Christianity, religion & God .

~ dedicated to those rednwhiterider wishes , could have the help they truly need ~

*lyrics - " A court is in session, a verdict is in ..
............... No appeal on the docket today, just my own sin ..
............... The walls are cold and pale, the cage made of steel ..
............... Screams fill the room, alone I drop and kneel ..
............... Silence now the sound, my breath the only motion around ..
............... Demons cluttering around, my face shows no emotion ..
............... Shackled by my sentence, expecting no return ..
............... Here there is no penance, my skin begins to burn ..

... MY OWN PRISON by Creed
... > turn it up ^
heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2018 5:23:28 PM
Hi Ms. Mahwahgirl, thank you so much for magically appearing !!

... Of course, ANYTHING concerning music may & should be allowed. There will be no kind of censorship, of any type.
While I have you here though, I wish to express my heartfelt wishes concerning your future .

... May you find a capable, worthy man - who has the desire to bring a new beginning filled with love, into your life !
... You are an excellent person, and I respect you greatly ( heart / love / sun / life )

steve
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2018 5:47:14 PM
Msg: 5

Redwhiterider:

Another perspective...

"Spinning Bottles" by Carrie Underwood

She's waiting, praying, that he don't drive tonight
She's pacing the floor, she's checking the time
Wondering how the glow with that porch light hasn't gone out
'Cause it's been on now for three days straight, his been nowhere to be found
Probably drowning in the neon, where the wagon broke down
She called up his mama and his friends in town
But they ain't seen him
Another night of no sleepin'

Round and around and around they go
Will it end? Nobody knows
She's all cried out on the kitchen floor
Spinnin' rooms, spinnin' wheels, spinnin' outta control
Spinnin' bottles, spinnin' bottles

He's in a hotel room with the TV on
Gettin' lost in the static with the curtains drawn
Knowin' this could be the time that gets her gone for good
He'd quit if he could
But one down, two down, three down, four
Can't even recognize the man in the mirror anymore...

This ain't a game
Nobody wins...
 backcreek7
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 9:09:07 AM

A correction to my wording & thoughts, in the last part of my msg 9 > " To those that feel religion itself is ( or has been ) an example of our main problems throughout history, I would say this ... " it is people who have corrupted Christs message, not Jesus himself ~ nor the basic doctrine of the Christian religion "

* NOTE - Personally, I do not believe in ( nor follow ) any organized religion, so to speak. What I do feel is possible - is that a supernatural force of "some" type, created the universe some 15 billion years ago, for the sole specific purpose of " birthing " another creator, so to speak. I do not believe that this so - called supernatural force ( God ) was either " born " nor "created ", but has simply > always existed ( in a " world " so to speak - without time )

... We think of time as our yardstick, as each and everything revolves around it. Time governs our very existence, not only determining our lifespans, but also the path & speed our universe takes, as it quickly expands into oblivion. I picture our universe as being a type of " fishtank " > created solely to bring another " creator " into existence. This is naturally, just a wild guess & hopefully the readers will take it as presented ( just a wild f-in guess )

... When a predetermined time comes, a pure energy force ( no physical body ) will " jump " out of the tank & into another form. This being an exact copy, of our original " creator ". Thank you all for reading ( listening ) to the above thoughts on creation itself ( heart / sun )

... * lyrics - Seems like the world has gone underground ..
.................. Where no Gods or heroes dare to go down ..
.................. As teardrops from the hole in heaven come ..
.................. Overhead like ravens dropping down like bombs ..
.................. Through the mornings silver frosted glow ..
.................. God says nothing back, but I told you so ( I told you so ) ..
.................. God Bless the void of my daydreams ..
.................. Head back in the snow making angel wings ..
.................. As slow dancing lights at dawn ..
.................. Sail beneath a burning yellow sun ..
.................. I'm calling out from the deep ends of my bones ..
.................. Time says nothing back, but I told you so ( I told you so ) ..
GOD SAYS NOTHING BACK by the Wallflowers ( w/ Jakob Dylan )
> turn it up ^
heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:27:29 AM
>>> I am currently reading a book written by Mick Fleetwood of " Fleetwood Mac " ...

... Michael John Kells Fleetwood was born on June 24th 1947. Standing 6' 5" he is a gangling lad and a bit clumsy, other then when playing percussion. He does not follow the technical aspects of drumming so much, but simultaneously lays down the beat to his " own drummer ". He is currently the richest drummer in the world. A true " nice guy " he co-ordinates and helps produce all of Fleetwood Macs affairs.

... Back long before the arrivals of Christine McVie & Stevie Nicks, Mick & Peter Green started the group Fleetwood Mac < The MAC part being John McVie ( Micks best friend ) an absolutely phenomenal bass player. Although Peter Green was a bit unstable ( so to speak ) he is still considered one of the greatest lead guitar players of all time.

... His song about " the wandering albatross " is one of the most soothing and beautiful pieces of music ever created in my OP.
... So turn the lights down low sweetheart, come into my arms & we will slow ( the only type I do ) dance to his creation.

ALBATROSS by Fleetwood Mac ( select the studio Fleetwood Mac version )
please note ~ this is an acoustic guitar ( like WOW !!!! )
> turn it up & lights down ...
heart / sun
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:42:36 AM
considering what's in the news this week, i would be tempted to suggest Neil Young's "rockin in the free world" as a salute.

but since this is a dating site, i'll suggest the Go-Go's ode to all curvy women, "Throw Me a Curve". If you like a rocking beat, maybe BC will post the lyrics for you.

for the nice guys just wishing to get a woman out of their league, maybe Tad Bachman's (son of BTO) "she's so high"

A fav of mine for the holiday, even if it seems sad (yet at least he got to date the gal, unlike some of us who never got past the FZ), Dan Folgerberg's "aulde lang sing" about lost opportunities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwtkZ7oTv1o

(but hey, i'm the type who thinks coldplay's "man who ruled the world" is upbeat only b/c at one time, he was on top of the world.)
 backcreek7
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:59:00 AM
^^^^ Welcome back my friend, it is always a pleasure to read of your thoughts !
... And BTW ~ I LOVE the Go Go's music ! Take care of yourself brother, and as always - thank you for your in-depth views of " what be happenin' ) col..

lyrics * " Wishing there was less of you ?
.............. Are you really sure ?
.............. How much less is more ?
.............. Girls are shapely by design ( col )
.............. Exactly what you've got, is so easy to adore ..
.............. Clothes hanger lollipop ..
.............. Magazine photo op ..
.............. But I'd rather be a pin-up girl ..
.............. Than zero size ..
.............. Throw me a curve, not a straight narrow line ..
.............. Get the message ? It's DEVINE ..
.............. Throw me a curve, it looks so FINE .. "
> turn it up ^
love / life

( & ps? Ole buddy, buddy buddy boy ! col > I absolutely love the song " NOT FRAGILE " by Bachman Turner Overdrive. The f*uckin' bass guitar is outrageous, col
 backcreek7
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 11:17:10 AM

she likes the bass ( of not fragile, the bass is nice turn it up ^ wayyyy the f*uck up
S
 backcreek7
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 11:37:21 AM
^ lyrics above are from the song " Hell Yes by Beck " > ( she likes the bass of Not Fragile, the bass is nice )

below > Not Fragile by BTO

lyrics* " Comin' to you cross country, hopin' boogies still allowed ..
............. You ask do we play heavy music? Well are thunderheads just another cloud ?
............. And we do ~
............. Not Fragile straight at you ..

............. Then we vanish to the night, still in your ears but out of sight ..
............. > Not Fragile <

............. Don't think we feel hurt or wounded, or our egos are showing thru ..
............. It is our world that's been disrupted, and our strength reflects from you ..
............. Well it's true ! Not fragile over you "

... NOT FRAGILE by Bachman Turner Overdrive ( I like the bass, col )
> turn it up ^
heart / sun
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/5/2018 11:57:13 AM
Okay I would really appreciate it backcreek if you would stay out of my business. I didn't get into yours.
 backcreek7
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2018 8:58:29 AM
^^^ Well excuse me MW ^^^
... I will know not to write ANY more words of encouragement ( ex > msg 10 ), nor good wishes your way ( ever again & no need to thank me, lol ) !

... Ahhh, but at the present ~ it is time for this " baby " to get a well deserved naparoo . And I know just the lullaby to send me off to the Land of Nod. When I heard that Gordon Lightfoot would no longer impart his awesome words of wisdom & life in general > to the world < I was sad. The song below is one of my favorites & definitely should be heard by ALL who are headed into slumberland ( especially our very young )

lyrics * - " When it's midnight on the meadow, and the cats are in the shed ..
................ And the river tells a story, at the window by my bed ..
................ If you listen very closely, be as quiet as you can ..
................ In the yard you'll hear him, It is the pony man ..
................ We're always there to greet him, when he tumbles into town ..
................ He leads a string of ponies, some are white and some are brown ..
................ And they never seem to kick or bite, they only want to play ..
................ And they live on candy apples, instead of oats and hay ..

ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ

... THE PONY MAN by Gordon Lightfoot
> turn it up ^
heart / zzz / sun
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/6/2018 11:31:57 AM
Much appreciated. The thread is about music not my personal life, please keep it that way.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2018 4:02:51 PM
I like the bass too... don't think he was hating on you.
took me hours to figure it out.

I no longer hear.
good thing I read music and still hear the tremmelo.

otherwise they would steal my cart.

hill country devil "glory"
feel.
no longer hear.

not too hard after a little practiced humor.

you can still hob nail if you lose you faculties.
 backcreek7
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2018 4:43:46 PM

I like the bass too ...

..... ^^^ yes, I liked the bass, the bass was nice ( col - chuckle out loud )

lyrics * - " The tortured howls of a motel ghost "
................ And the worship songs of a well-worn throat ..
................ All cradle me while I waste alone ..
................ On a fools gold throne ..
................ With my troubles all in tow ..

................ It's 86$ up front for the key ..
................ Tack on another hundred for the company ..
................ Oh It's on my dime, but she holds me tight ..
................ Yeah w e F*uck all night ..
................ For a moment I'm alright ..

................ Home is where I ought to be ..
................ Out in the gentle country breeze, with my family ..

................ But cold in a casket I lie ..
................ Bare knuckle boxing polished wood, and I've grown so tired ..
................ I've grown so tired ..

... GLORY by The Hill Country Devil ( turn it up ^
heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2018 5:44:35 PM
... Ok this next song is definitely in my favorite top 20 of ALL time. Nobody seems to know what it is really about, here are a few guesses >
1) It is about addiction, and/or drug use. It is about the tracking through a needle and syringe, the path the drug takes
2) It is seen as the Mormons Exodus to Utah .
3) I relate it to being grand parents being put on the back burner, because they are slipping mentally.
4) I interpret to be about the Lewis & Clark expedition to the Pacific Ocean.
5) It is about the first half of life, as our hero moves slowly through, his path of life.
6) It is about our life, as we are stepping on stones, working hard. Then our flesh becomes water, time passes & we croak. Back at home, others reflect upon these peoples upbringing - but being without any photos, there are just memories ( hmm? that's heavy > lol)
7) The song is definitely about a seaside gamble & us becoming one with nature and each other.
8 )It is about the fleeting nature of friendship on vacations. After the vacation, you go back to your ordinary life - perhaps a horrible job or f- upped school.
9) AND >>>>> The explanations go on & on & on & on & on !! Enough of that there wonderin' what the F it's about ^ here are the lyrics ~ you figure it out ! ( lol)

... lyrics - " We spotted the Ocean, at the head of the trail ..
.................. Where are we going, so far away ?
.................. And somebody told me, that this is the place ..
.................. Where everything's better, everything's safe ..

.................. Walk on the Ocean, step on the stones ..
.................. Flesh becomes water, wood becomes bone ..

.................. And half an hour later, we packed up our things ..
.................. We said we'd send letters, and all of those little things ..
.................. And they knew we were lying, but they smiled just the same..
................. It seemed they had already forgotton, forgotton we'd came ..

................. Now we're back at the homestead, where the air makes you choke ..
................. And people don't know you, and trust is a joke " ..

... WALK ON THE OCEAN by Toad the Wet Sprocket ( the bands name is derived from a scene form Monty Python and the Flying Circus ~ aha !!!! exactly what I thought, col )

> turn it up ^ ( select the LP version with the sun settin' on the beach in Cali > the sound is right ! )
( crank that sucker ! )
heart / crank it / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2018 7:41:56 PM
> You know what I was thinkin' ? I'm gonna post one more song tonight if they'll let me :)

... Guess What ? Hmmm ? I forgot what I was thinkin', geeze ? ... Maybe I shouldn't have had that really small 12 oz jar of moonshine, with a dash of pink lemonade ( slurp ) Oh yeah guess what ?? Hmmm, puff puff slurp puff ??? Oh yeah, I live in a county here in the mountains of Virginia, that has made more moonshine for 150 years, then any other place in the universe.

... I won't tell you the county name cause, even though I like you all > I don't want ya movin' here, lol. I'm actually from the Washington Dc area, so I shouldn't be talkin' ( zips mouth )
... What a fade in ( laugh ) ...

... Now talk about song interpretations ~ s*hit there are like 25 things that the song below may be about. Frankly, I don' t want to think of but one ~ that being " the sample in a jar " I just snorked down! lol.
... I LOVE THIS SONG ( don't ask me f-in why cuz, I have no f-in idea > Hey ! There ain't no f-in kids under 8 years old in here, is there? Well let me know, I'll tone it down if I have to )

lyrics * It's hidden far away, but someday I may tell ..
........... The tale of metal tango, when into your world I fell ..
........... Without you now, I wander soaking, secretly afraid ..
........... 'Cause in your grasp, the fears don't last ..
........... Though some of them have stayed ..

........... I wheeled around because I didn't, hear what you had said ..
........... And saw you dancin' with Elihu, up on Leemors bed ..
........... I was foggy rather groggy, when you helped me to your car ..
........... The binding belt enclosing me, tipped my sample in a jar ..

... SAMPLE IN A JAR by Phish ( choose the LP selection, with the poor bent up, kinda broken down ole horse, getttin' ready to gallop off, into the beautiful red sunset ! ) < col
... > turn it up ^
heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2018 8:31:03 PM
. hic !
. hic !
... I forgot ( hic ! )
... I like this moonshine song, quite a bit as well ( hic ! )

* lyrics - "Put no stone at my head, no flowers on my tomb ..
............... No gold plated sign, in a marbled pillared room ..
............... The one thing I want, when they lay me in the ground ..
............... When I die, tear my stillhouse down ..

............... Oh tear my stilllhouse down, let it go to rust ..
............... Don't leave no trace of the hiding place, where I made that evil stuff ..
............... For all my time & money, no profit did I see ..
............... That old copper kettle, was the DEATH of me "

... TEAR MY STILLHOUSE DOWN by Gillian Welch ( select the LP selection with the young girl , sitting on a store ledge > circa middle 50's ? )
> turn it up ^ ( hic ! / burp !)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !