Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do women have slogan pics in their profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dlb102018
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do women have slogan pics in their profile Page 1 of 1    
This is what I don't understand. I know that not all the females on pof do this but a lot of them do. They have slogan pictures where they should have pictures of themselves. Some are worse than others. You got the ones who post this as their main profile picture and others who post nothing but slogan pictures. What is the purpose of this? To me it says that whomever does it man or woman has maturity issues. Do the guys do this too?
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do women have slogan pics in their profile
Posted: 12/3/2018 6:02:14 PM
Slogan pictures? Like ads for Frosted Flakes ("They're Great!") or McDonald's ("I'm Lovin' It")? Or are you talking about memes (Simplified, these are pictures with silly/cultural sayings ["A woman's place is in the kitchen -- that's where all the sharp knives are."].)?

A lot of people do it, men and women alike with no regard as to their maturity level. People can be silly or lighthearted at any age. No need to be bothered by it; if it's not your thing, move on.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2018 6:20:00 PM
If you use the main website, Under the "Meet Me" page there is a tab for "Rate Images" --- it's a function created by POF to self-police new profiles since their admins don't have enough people (or refuse to pay enough people) to patrol all traffic in and out of this site. If the main pics in their profiles are obscene, or lack appropriate subject matter (like the slogans you mentioned) the Rate Images review gives you a chance to vote them off the island. Enough bad votes, and changes will be made.
 Inner_circle
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 6:48:18 AM
The people I know from real life who do this, feel they are not attractive enough to catch any fish with their face pics and they hope the memes etc will tell a story that is interesting enough to start a chat. I personally don't go for this but they must get some hits or else they wouldn't bother. The local men over here do this a lot. They also upload cartoon pics to bypass the filter of users who only want to hear from profiles with a pic. Eventually they get deleted over time as people report them, but it is a pain in my opinion.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:04:38 AM
and many assume the reason 'they are not attractive enough' and just pass it by without ever reading their profile. either way, I have little interest with someone that cant be bothered to post a pic. how can I take them seriously? I haven't even clicked on the profile and already have concerns of honesty. what are they hiding?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do women have slogan pics in their profile