Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
She's great but... she doesn't like bacon! Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I met someone from here a month ago today. She looked like her pictures, has great personality, fun to be with, great sex but... she doesn't like bacon. I never thought someone would say those words. Doesn't like the taste and doesn't want to smell it.

This seems to be the only issue so far. I can work with it! :)
 Spectrallight
Msg: 2
view profile
History
She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!
Posted: 12/7/2018 5:18:23 PM
At least she likes sausage so all good :)
 athenashelmet
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/7/2018 5:29:35 PM
Well she doesn't mind getting porked apparently. At least you bring home the bacon.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2018 5:57:45 PM
and just be careful if she gets annoyed with you . She might just grind that rind with her behind ;)
hopefully she loves the other white meat
Posted: 12/10/2018 9:29:13 AM
oh well, if she doesn't like bacon, don't stick around for breakfast :)
 whiterose0
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2018 11:11:52 AM
If she doesn't enjoy a single type of meat, I don't think that would be issue. If she's a vegan, I could understand where the two of you might not be compatible.

I can't stand the taste and smell of liver, but my mate loves it. I just leave the house for awhile when he cooks it for himself, until the smell dissipates.
 Tech30
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2018 11:54:12 AM
Thought you were going to say shes vegan. IF she was , I'd say get out of there fast! but she doesnt like bacon... more for you.
Posted: 12/10/2018 7:49:55 PM
She's not vegan but bacon isn't her thing. She's the only person I know who doesn't like it. She has plenty of good qualities so I can let this slide.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2018 10:01:19 AM
Vegans are undateable?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2018 11:20:22 AM
Some people won't eat it for religious reasons. Some people only eat fish and foul. Some people don't eat meat at all. If that is your only complaint I would say you found a keeper. Don't be nit picking at your new lady friend. That's not attractive at all.
 hemingway234
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2018 11:54:03 AM
Did someone say bacon? - I want it, I want it, gimme-gimme!
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2018 1:09:28 PM

Some people only eat fish and foul

Interesting choice of words. I don't eat fish because of the foul odor. To me, fish smells like rotted garbage. If I had an urge to eat rotted garbage, I would go dumpster diving in area that has stores or restaurants. It's cheaper that way.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2018 1:10:16 PM
msg#11:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Did someone say bacon? - I want it, I want it, gimme-gimme!

Might make the right lady stay for breakfast...

;-)
 Tech30
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2018 11:13:37 AM
Vegans are undateable?

Not only un-dateable but also unbearable.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2018 11:22:10 AM

Not only un-dateable but also unbearable.

I was with one for 17 years and in no way ever did she ever get on her high horse. In fact she could cook bacon to perfection and all other meats.

I used to laugh at her making her fake bacon :)
 julystorm22
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2018 8:46:03 AM
Fussy eaters are a big pet peeve of mine, even worse than smokers. If a guy online told me he hated seafood or vegetables or bacon, I would instantly dismiss him in my mind.
 Noftheborder
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2018 11:47:30 AM
...then she mustn't have had Canadian bacon a.k.a. back bacon...yummmmmm!
 ssm508
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2018 8:10:46 PM
I had a friend that didn't like bacon. Whenever we went to a breakfast or brunch place, he would order sausage or ham instead. That wasn't a big deal. It can be annoying when someone is a very picky eater though. They would insist on always going to certain restaurants and would turn down most of my suggestions.
 julystorm22
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2018 12:10:10 AM
I am a Canadian and I had to go to Google a couple years ago to find out what Canadian bacon was. A recipe I wanted to make called for it and no one in the store knew what it was. Must be an Ontario thing.
 hemingway234
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2018 4:41:47 AM
I like seafood. When I see-food, I eat it!!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2018 11:33:47 AM
"Fussy eaters are a big pet peeve of mine, even worse than smokers. If a guy online told me he hated seafood or vegetables or bacon, I would instantly dismiss him in my mind."

@ July. You are often complaining that you can't find a decent man. You don't find men that want relationships, just sex and you are unhappy with your dating experiences. You say over and again that you have no luck in the dating field. So why are you rejecting men "instantly" dismissing them over such trivial things? This "fussy eater" could have been your Prince Charming but you gave him no chance because he didn't like vegetables? Seems petty.
 julystorm22
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2018 11:44:10 AM
Fussy eaters are a pet peeve of mine. Absolutely can't stand it. Like I said, I would rather date a smoker. I love to cook a lot of different foods and it would aggravate me to no end to cook for someone who had a list of over 10 things he wouldn't eat.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2018 12:09:42 PM
you will have a very hard time finding someone that doesn't have 10 things they don't like. would you cook AND EAT a meal for him that you don't like? I don't care for chicken, an ex loved it. while she would be somewhat considerate when practical, it wasn't a major task for me to make a sandwich, heat up leftovers or order a pizza. i would imagine if the guy picked the meals, you would eventually get one you didn't like! if your preparing the meal, obviously it is something you would eat.
 whiterose0
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2018 12:11:38 PM
July, this cooking issue wouldn't necessarily come up right away with men you're casually dating. By the time you feel comfortable enough with a man to invite him over for home-cooked meals, you should know him well enough to be able to compromise and prepare him foods that you know he'd enjoy.

What if you discovered he wasn't fussy, but had a gluten intolerance or some other type of food allergy that prevented him from eating certain things? Would you dump him then?
Posted: 12/14/2018 2:45:40 PM

Some people won't eat it for religious reasons. Some people only eat fish and foul. Some people don't eat meat at all. If that is your only complaint I would say you found a keeper. Don't be nit picking at your new lady friend. That's not attractive at all.

Nope, not nit picking at all. She's been awesome! Reaches over to open my car door after she gets in and I close hers, pays for dinner once in awhile or covers drinks later if I pay, great to talk to and I could go on and on. It's very rare that I find someone who is this nice. She's so good that I wouldn't eat bacon when she's around if it bothers her!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!