Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > So many fake profiles hard to believe anyone      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ksdragonfly3
Msg: 1
view profile
History
So many fake profiles hard to believe anyonePage 1 of 1    
I have come across so many fake profiles that its getting to the point where I don't trust anyone.
You have to ask for more pics right away, and constantly telling people to read the novel... I hate that I have so much on mine but I add it as the frustration continues. lol
Then they want numbers right away... what happened to getting to know someone a little. I don't need a phone full of numbers I don't know... Its frustrating because I'm getting stand offish to people I probably shouldn't because I cant tell who is real anymore. :(
 Spectrallight
Msg: 2
view profile
History
So many fake profiles hard to believe anyone
Posted: 12/11/2018 8:07:23 AM

I have come across so many fake profiles that its getting to the point where I don't trust anyone.
You have to ask for more pics right away, and constantly telling people to read the novel... I hate that I have so much on mine but I add it as the frustration continues. lol
Then they want numbers right away... what happened to getting to know someone a little. I don't need a phone full of numbers I don't know... Its frustrating because I'm getting stand offish to people I probably shouldn't because I cant tell who is real anymore. :(

If a guy has 1 pic just ignore the message. If he looks like a 9 or 10 to you with 1 pic then Fake. If he asks for your number pretty much of the bat bye bye. If he is full of Innuendo quickly bye. I've had legit women want to go to mobile quick but sadly it screams desperation and anytime I've done this I've regretted it. Not in a fake account way.

If you log in via your browser on pc/laptop at the end of a url for a profile there is numbers(id) for said account. so lets say an account with 8xxxxxxx(8 number Id is from approx a year before you joined the forum so I'd say legit account. my Id is profile_id=200116586 and I made this account in September so any account before this time I'd look at less suspicious but still with one eye open. A 62xxxxxx account is from early 2013.

I'd say don't show frustrations via profile as any berrating of men even though they haven't been marvelous will put of genuine guys off and just see you as a Drama llama.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2018 8:50:25 AM
the half naked models are likely fakes but lately have seen average types directing you to there website. a look at the details helps sometimes. school teacher on at 3:00 a.m. or doctor with no car. masters degree but cant form a sentence and very brief profiles. a delayed and generic response is also a red flag. one thing to keep in mind though is that 'if' it isn't a fake, they have all the concerns you do. are YOU real or just playing them? maybe not in the first few messages but drag it out much longer and either I lose interest or assume you never had any.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2018 10:47:45 AM
Is your dog's name Toto? :)

I have no photo onsite and I'm as real as they come.

Its frustrating

Welcome to GuyWorldOLD.

Population: Millions.

You have to ask for more pics right away,

And pics can be old or fake.
Nothing takes the place of real live meeting, to see what's real and what's not.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2018 2:33:47 AM
I don't think people enjoy being emotionally manipulated by somebody who claims they're the last person to want a loving commitment. You're not the last and you're certainly not the only person who wants that, in their lives; a self-respecting person will want to be on a even footing in a relationship with you, knowing that what they bring to the table, in a relationship, won't be overwhelmed by your frustration of not being important is somebody's life. You open yourself to a whole world of hurt and disappointment when you indulge in self-destructive behavior.

People with dubious intentions are going to approach you, because that's just what happens, these days. If you're serious about changing your approach, on here, you should go to Profile Reviews and get your profile in order.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2018 4:03:03 AM
I read your profile just to see what we have here.

We have, a profile that looks quite a bit like a conversation between two people in real life. It may seem like some of it is drivel, but with the right guy, it isn't. A profile, is a condensed version of your life, and what you're looking for. It's hard to do, well. I'd bet, that in a meeting of face to face conversation, you'd rattle off a bit. (Or a lot, depending on who would be willing to listen to you)

Now, this is my observation from what I see. I see, an attractive lady, that wants to connect mentally with a guy. Your looks go by the side of the road, and it becomes a meeting of minds. Problem- guys don't want to forget what you look like. It's what they see, is what they're running on. You might be talking quantum physics. They're feeding you answers, just to keep looking at that face. And, you aren't exactly parking their looks as you talk.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's just happens to be the way it's going to be for you. You want an instant match. It doesn't work that way. Patience takes time to learn. At least, you're getting responses and get to pick and choose. Not all of us are so lucky to get that.
 2ufo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2018 8:57:53 AM
When you say ‘getting to know someone a little’, do you mean in person (as in meeting someone) or do you mean via email?

Because no one really wants endless emails.
 hemingway234
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:39:52 AM
Welcome to dating, the endless search for a needle in a haystack. The good news is, you only need one good one
 reallygeo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2019 1:19:38 AM
A gentleman called me a catfish a few nights back after he wanted to meet up so I invited him to my gym to work out. I waited up front for 10 minutes then went and used my favorite machines in back and said, what ever. He looked like an ex of mine anyways, and I am not into making the same mistake twice anymore, but I just figured he either saw me and bailed or was just strange.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > So many fake profiles hard to believe anyone