Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How do you meet someone nice and genuine?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldfashionedgirl2019
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do you meet someone nice and genuine?Page 1 of 1    
I would just like to know what is the best way to word an ad so that genuinely nice guys will respond. I wrote that I'm an old fashioned girl with good morals and values, that I didn't believe in casual sex, but it seems all I hear from are scammers and lechers.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do you meet someone nice and genuine?
Posted: 12/14/2018 9:07:54 PM
Truly there is no rhyme / reason.
Good luck in your search
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 2:54:52 AM
A good place to start is by getting rid of the negativity in your profile. The fastest way to chase away "nice" guys is to whine and b1tch about what you DON'T want. Nobody wants to date a Negative Nilly. There is no fun or joy in that.
 spot4username
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 3:12:24 AM
^^^
Agreed.

Also a lot of people are not interested in getting involved with someone who is separated.

You need more than one photo and a much better photo at that.

Wouldn't a freelance writer know that freelance is one word and not two?

Rather than post in Ask a guy you might want to get a profile review. There is often much wisdom to be found in those threads.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 4:25:36 AM

genuinely nice guys will respond

……….....To women who are single, divorced or a widow.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 6:42:35 AM
Your profile in its current state will repel just about all nice guys.

Your text is full of the same things in a zillion other women's profiles, all screaming that you're looking for a hookup and that you're easy. "I'm not here for sex" is code for "I'm here for sex". Separated women are viewed as easy and desperate. Of course you should be honest about being separated and not lie about marital status; decent guys definitely require honesty. Women who claim they're not here for dirty talk are quick to offer naughty photos and to initiate dirty talk. It's boring to read "I'm not a paid user and can't see Meet Me" for the millionth time.

Previous posters are also correct it's bad to have only one photo. You complain about scammers. Most fake profiles have only one photo, so it's a natural reflex to hit the back button when opening a profile to find only one image. Decent guys are especially likely to prefer a profile with many photos. A pervert with no standards might not mind seeing only one photo.

Difficult to believe women who claim they want a nice guy. Because so few women actually want a nice guy, it seems many are available.

Women who actually want a good guy should seek out "the guy in the corner" instead of the aggressive player who all the other women want. If another woman hasn't already grabbed him, he might have one or more characteristics that shouldn't matter to you if you want nice and genuine: he might not be tall, he might not be rich, he might not have the superficial bone structure and symmetry that the media tell women they should pursue. I'm not saying man who is tall, rich, or good looking cannot be nice, but odds are he is probably already in a relationship.
 OhHaiMarc
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 7:11:54 AM
The better man is often found as Meramec says, in the corner. It speaks of his character. He has nothing he needs to prove and pursues his interests discreetly. Have a closer look around when you go to a place you like to visit.
 whiterose0
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 10:57:58 AM
The genuinely nice single guys are looking for genuinely nice single ladies - not ones who are still married.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 1:40:24 PM

……….....To women who are single, divorced or a widow.

Anytime, I've had relations with a women that was Separated, there has always been issues with the ex.
 daynadaze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 11:23:19 PM
Since we don't know about her separated situation, why make assumptions? I've been separated since 1979 and haven't seen him since then, don't even know if he is still alive. He's never been involved in any of my relationships in any way.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2018 3:50:04 AM
Interesting, because I see the status now as Single.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2018 6:14:42 AM
I like your new photos oldfashioned. You and I are essentially the same age. If you have been coupled up/married for a long time, there is somewhat of a learning curve to embrace. Things are different (online dating, for example), and you are different. Keep living your best life. I hope good things/people come to you.
 siisaa
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2018 6:01:29 PM
Focus more on you. Meaning, what do YOU bring to the table that you deserve some honorable, nice & genuine man? Be the type of person you wish to attract. Also, good luck finding such a Prince Charming on a dating site. Most of the people on free sites especially are bottom of the barrel or aren't very serious about finding a relationship.
 Natey2
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2018 7:20:02 PM
I like old fashioned women with good morals and values. I don't believe in overly casual sex, but if you give a guy any idea that he's not going to get any anytime soon, then that might be a real damper for normal guys who need some.

Give him the idea that if he's the one that was meant for you (mutually) you'll make him forget about wanting casual sex with other women.

Respect. Support. Sex.
I saw that in a woman's profile (that she understood what men wanted) , and I tend to agree.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2018 4:13:54 PM
Most men that tell you they are separated...it means since breakfast.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2018 4:40:04 PM
You have to learn how to weed out men better if all you get are scammers and lechers. Don't respond to these people. Your tag already tells men you are old fashioned. This implies a lot and most smart men will understand what that means. Yes, we all appreciate someone with good morals and values. Don't tell men this, show them. I don't think it would be smart to put anything about not wanting one night stands or casual sex. If you choose long term or looking for relationship then that also speaks volumes. Woman that write no casual sex might make men assume they have had casual sex and realized it was very shallow. Don't write anything about sex it is too premature and might invite the wrong kind of men to respond to you.

I think you could improve upon your pictures. Be in everyone by yourself. Ask a friend to help you find the right angles and smile a lot.
 ssm508
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2018 10:41:54 AM

Interesting, because I see the status now as Single.

OP must have changed it after the initial feedback. Anyhow being separated was more a "yellow flag" or a "proceed with caution" for me than an automatic dealbreaker. Not all people that are separated are in the same situation. Some people may been legally separated for multiple years before the divorce was finalized.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How do you meet someone nice and genuine?