Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > blocked      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hopethisworks65
Msg: 1
view profile
History
blockedPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Why is it I notice that when I reach out to someone and say hello , hi , how are you , or some type of greeting , to introduce myself , some , like 33% block me ?? AND all I did was reach out first and say hello . Am I wrong for reaching out first ??? is there something about me that is that bad for you to block me??? it is discouraging to me . any ideas on how to rectify this?? thanks guys and gals for any input .
blocked
Posted: 12/16/2018 1:35:57 PM
They want to make sure you caught the hint and don't try to contact them again.
 2ufo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/16/2018 1:42:52 PM
Some women who receive lots of emails might use it as a 'filing' system.
Once you've been filed in their 'no' category, they don't have to worry about receiving any more email from you... in the event that in a month or two you forgot that you emailed them and try again.

Maybe, I wouldn't know for sure.
I get so few emails, I flirt with the scammers.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 4
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/16/2018 1:49:11 PM
If they blocked you, that's it.

You might need a profile review, though.
 PollyR107
Msg: 5
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/16/2018 2:18:13 PM
While I think a profile review is a good idea, it doesn’t guarantee any success. You might still get blocked.

Don’t ask why people do or don’t do certain things. No points really, IMO. Focus on those who respond to your messages and take it from there. Leave those who blocked or ignored your messages well be.

Good luck.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/16/2018 2:57:58 PM
I have been blocked without them ever opening message or viewing profile. an extreme and very rude way of saying not interested. the equivalent to approaching someone and being insulted when many more tactful ways could of been used. like passing someone on the sidewalk, saying hello and ignoring you isn't good enough. a disgusted look or rude comment insures you wont bother them or anyone else!
 Spectrallight
Msg: 7
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/16/2018 3:14:16 PM

Why is it I notice that when I reach out to someone and say hello , hi , how are you , or some type of greeting , to introduce myself , some , like 33% block me ?? AND all I did was reach out first and say hello . Am I wrong for reaching out first ??? is there something about me that is that bad for you to block me??? it is discouraging to me . any ideas on how to rectify this?? thanks guys and gals for any input .

It could be as simple as it's the only power they have to exert in their tiny existences. Try to initiate with women in the outside world fella as you will increase your chances 100%. Not confident. Well, Here is something.

What's the difference between a confident guy and a non confident guy? The confident guy is faking it till he makes it ;) They got all the same worries as you do like will she, won't she etc. I'm not saying you aren't confident but feel it needs saying.

If you only rely on POF then sadly you're in for a rough time. You will see in years to come the same women that block have in their headlines stuff like " Please save me form this website" and pictures are years old ;)
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/16/2018 5:48:50 PM
They don't want you to contact them. No harm, no foul, they just do not have any interest. I don't know why anyone gets upset about it, move on.
 MsIffy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 3:43:43 AM
There are some crazy people on here who doesn't take no for an answer and will message you non stop, some will turn nasty just because you haven't replied to their message. So the harassment in here is real by blocking someone you are protecting yourself so you don't have to deal with their reactions when you don't reply to them. We real don't know what that 33% have experienced in here and why they chosen to block those who they are not interested.

Some people use blocked as a filling system as well as for a filter, for example if you block someone then there are more chance pof won't suggest someone else who are similar to the person you blocked.
 hemingway234
Msg: 10
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 5:26:14 AM
They are just not interested in you and blocking is free.

Don't worry about it. besides, you only need to find one good one.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 11
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 6:16:53 AM
Not to make fun of the OP, but...…………...Since I have never been blocked, I do not know how one discovers that they HAVE been blocked...……………..unless...………...one sends an initial/1st message, receives no reply so ………….attempts to follow up with a subsequent/2nd message? It is THEN the sender realizes they were blocked by the receiver?

I have never forgotten the wise words of Cowboy.

Send and forget. To do anything else is futile. To give anyone space in your head, the opportunity to cause grief/frustration/ a blow to one's self confidence, is to give a total stranger power over you. Dismiss it!

Send and forget. The only thing you look for is ………………..in the INBOX.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 12
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 7:04:09 AM

any ideas on how to rectify this

Yes, do NOT do online dating, or dating at all.

"Rejection" is part of life!
 whiterose0
Msg: 13
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 7:39:20 AM
They blocked you because there is something about your profile that turned them off, and they want no further contact. It might cut down on the blocks if you got a profile review and better photos. You're not smiling in any of them, and you give off an unfriendly vibe.

If you're going to post photos of your cats, you need to be in the photos, too. Also, many women don't respond very positively to "hello" messages. You need to write something more substantial. Mention any common interests you might have, along with things you like about their profile.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 14
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 8:05:00 AM
not sure about o.p. but I have sent messages and found I was blocked when it was my first message. 'maybe' I messaged them long ago and forgot? I rarely send a second message, even months later. I get the hint clear enough with no response. rejection is the norm on here so you need thick skin for O.L.D. but blocked goes a step beyond, as if you did something wrong. when I was blocked, i was not heartbroke, i was curious as to what i had done so horrible that blocking was needed. am i so repulsive that they don't chance me ever messaging again? 'not interested' is polite but rare, no response is easier but blocked can be insulting, like i am a perv or harassing them. so horrible that ignoring my single message wasn't enough. maybe it is just a new way to filter but sure feels like more!
 Spectrallight
Msg: 15
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 8:21:54 AM
^^ Don't give it a second thought. Most are here to rot away...
 hopethisworks65
Msg: 16
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 9:27:00 AM
OMG , so don't I , lol lol . ones with one pic to which is sexy and broken English , know they are scammers , lol
 hopethisworks65
Msg: 17
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 9:28:34 AM
thanks maam for reading my post and the advise
 PennyAnte
Msg: 18
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:08:59 AM
I wouldn't block someone because when someone gets blocked a certain amount of times ( unknown) POF systems deletes your whole profile. Blocking is for rude and persistent messages. I rarely if ever get a man here that is rude or abrasive or disrespectful. I personally think that would be the only cause to block someone. Instead I would just choose to ignore. Some people think this is "rude." I think it is the most gentle way to be turned down or rejected. With silence.

@ Lady. I remember Cowboy well and his advice was spot on. Focus on your inbox. Do not send a second message unless you get a reply.
May he rest in eternal peace. RIP Cowboy.
 siisaa
Msg: 19
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:18:10 AM
Your profile & pictures need work. Maybe that's a reason why 1/3 of the women you contact are blocking you. If you have a female friend, it'd be a good idea to have her take flattering photos of you and help rewrite your profile.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 20
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:18:49 AM

it is discouraging to me

With online dating, disappointment will be your closest friend.

some , like 33% block me ??

Compared to some of these blockheads, Charlie Brown is a bonafide genius.

is there something about me that is that bad for you to block me???

Repeat after me:
"It's not me, it's them"
"It's not me, it's them"

Best of luck.
 Inner_circle
Msg: 21
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:55:35 AM
The only way to know you were blocked is that you sent another email after not getting a response.

Please remember that online, no response, is the response. Don't email them over again.

This is why some ladies block, they don't want to get emails from the same people over and over again if they are not interested.

And before you say they should 'email me and tell me', this can work, it should work, however many men will keep emailing and even try to engage in an argument. Life is too short for such BS from complete random strangers.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 22
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 11:11:33 AM

The only way to know you were blocked is that you sent another email after not getting a response.

When a block happens the mail disappears from sent items :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 23
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 11:26:29 AM
I asked from above,

quote]Since I have never been blocked, I do not know how one discovers that they HAVE been blocked...……………..unless...………...one sends an initial/1st message, receives no reply so ………….attempts to follow up with a subsequent/2nd message? It is THEN the sender realizes they were blocked by the receiver?

Inner Circle replied:

The only way to know you were blocked is that you sent another email after not getting a response

Thank you Inner Circle for the info. Makes perfect sense. Can anyone dispute this?

From my past experience, I have been the "blocker", on 3-4 occasions. I was nice/polite with my first response. The sender became rude and abusive with a follow up message. I blocked them. Two of the senders deleted their profiles, created new ones on POF, to send me ANOTHER vile message. Again I blocked, and ignored. That seemed to work.

Send and forget!
 Tech30
Msg: 24
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 11:35:42 AM
OMG , so don't I , lol lol . ones with one pic to which is sexy and broken English , know they are scammers , lol

my wife was sexy with broken English. She wasnt a scammer. She was European, and the best woman I ever met online or off.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 25
view profile
History
blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 2:47:37 PM
Picture of a xmas tree as main pic? Are you hoping someone plays with your bauble's? :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > blocked