Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Football t-shirt when you're not a sports person?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiverpoolFriendsMore
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Football t-shirt when you're not a sports person? Page 1 of 1    
I'm a woman looking for men.

I don't get the football t-shirt pics.

Is it something like, the guy thinks, this t-shirt makes me feel like one of the gang when I'm in the pub with my mates (also all men, judging from the pics), this t-shirt makes me feel accepted, this t-shirt is my identity, etc., etc.; hence, a woman on a dating site, who sees a photo of me in a football team t-shirt, will automatically see me the same way my mates in the pub see me?

Or what is going on when you guys choose to add add a photo with yourself in your favourite team's t-shirt?
 MsIffy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Football t-shirt when you're not a sports person?
Posted: 12/17/2018 1:15:25 AM
I have never come across someone analyse a football like you OP HAHA!
The men in my generation who I know and are football fans don't share your views. If they do add a photo in their football shirt which is very rare it's simply because it's a great photo. The men in my generation usually avoid adding photos of them in their football shirt.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2018 4:29:52 AM
I've not worn a football top since forever as in since I was a teen. I do avoid profiles with women that are wearing football shirts.

An example would be a city supporter saying on her profile no reds as I'm a blue. all I think is are they retarded in some way that they would risk missing out for something as stupid as that in the love game plus wouldn't it add a bit of rivalry and banter as they call it to the mix.

I do think on a whole that people want to feel they belong in some shape or form so you thinking the I'm part of the gang is spot on. I'd agree it is part of their identity.
 Chastirin
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2018 6:43:29 AM

Is it something like, the guy thinks

No.

(Sorry (not sorry))

You're overanalysing this.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/18/2018 12:19:59 AM
Yes, belonging.
No different to following fashions, trends etc.
I’ve worn shellsuits, ra ra skirts, denim.....what a nut.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2018 1:59:32 AM
Not something I'd do but then I'm not a slavish follower of fashion!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/18/2018 4:23:12 AM
^^err.....Christmas Jumper? ;)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2018 7:37:02 AM
Xmas Jumper? that was simply a post modern ironical self deprecating comment on the absurdity of modern societal norms.
 doc50
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 3:19:54 AM
maybe its because man utd tops are 10 a penny in charity shops BLUEMOON

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2019 3:22:07 PM
Its a tribal thing football.
You back your tribe and show you are part of it by wearing the tribal uniform, in this case the football shirt.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Football t-shirt when you're not a sports person?