Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Dismissed Without Warning      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OhmsLaw22
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Dismissed Without WarningPage 1 of 1    
I was contacted by a very articulate attractive man. We exchanged a dozen messages. We really liked each other’s humour and the conversation was respectful and sweet , very thoughtful and kind at other times. Yesterday, I noticed he sent me two message back to back. I didn’t check them in my mad dash to go to my staff party. I go to check the message he’s suddenly disappeared as if he never existed. When I click on him to try and message him I get error message “No Internet Connection.” Has anyone experienced this?
 siisaa
Msg: 2
Dismissed Without Warning
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:16:01 AM
Have you ever met this person face to face? If not, how do you know if this person you were communicating with was even who he claimed to be?

Nothing is real until after you meet. Until then, you two are nothing but font & pixels to each-other. Try not to get emotionally invested in strangers.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2018 1:27:21 PM
Like the other person said-- what you connected with was a Profile, not necessarily a real person.

New profiles that get dropped from the system quickly happen for a reason, and usually it's not good - soliciting for sex, spamming the entire network for replies, baiting people into off-site conversations, posting lurid photos - the list goes on.

Since this is a free site, people can fake profiles and join with nothing but an e-mail. As scary as that seems, POF is fairly decent at scanning and dumping obvious fakers quickly.

Any profile that looks not quite right - age and only 1-2 photos that don't match up, sentence structures are odd and spelling of proper names is wrong, content of their profile is generic and way too flowery -- give them half a day before replying. Most fakes will be dumped by POF scanners in a few hours, because their online patterns of solicitation are easy to identify.
 whiterose0
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/17/2018 2:31:08 PM
He could have blocked you or his profile was deleted - although the "No Internet Connection" is a mystery. I've never seen that before.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2018 5:42:10 PM
Sounds like he needs to pay his cable bill or the weather has knocked out his system.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2018 6:58:55 PM

I didn’t check them in my mad dash to go to my staff party.

Aahh...let this be a lesson to all the party animals out there...for tis the early bird that gets the worm!...Lol
 hemingway234
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/18/2018 7:52:25 AM
I'm sorry about that, but rejection is a normal part of dating. It's okay, you only need to find one good one.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2018 7:29:24 AM
Was your internet connected? That's the only time I get that kind of message. Something is wrong with my plugs or the internet is down for some reason.
I wouldn't take it personally. The POF system here deleted him here for some reason as someone else said it's never a good one. Consider that you dodged a bullet. Find someone else articulate and attractive to chat with.
 Natey2
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/23/2018 6:42:38 PM
Maybe he met another woman who forced him to delete his account here on POF immediately in order to continue the relationship with her.
I dated such a woman briefly who tried to infringe on my basic inalienable rights.
I had to give up sex with her, but I chose to keep my profile open and continue meeting others.
Many guys won't give up sex with a woman to keep their POF account.
 ssm508
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2019 5:24:52 PM
There are several possible reasons why the profile was deleted. He decided to take a break from OLD, he met someone else, went back to ex, was looking to cheat and had second thoughts about it, it was a fake profile, he violated one of POF's rules etc.

The "no internet connection" probably had nothing to do with his profile being deleted. I usually get that message when there is a loose connection, something needs to be updated or reset, there is a problem with the internet provider etc.
 pfif
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2019 8:48:03 PM
Future Shock.

The problem is that this ain't dating.

On AOL, the system would shut down every morning, at 4:00 or so.

But people weren't done yet. They were still up, from midnight,
creating new drama with one another.

Then the system shuts down (it's automatic! It's on a schedule!)

Utter mayhem at that hour.

The fact that you have such feelings, and absolutely must
take recourse by asking here, what happened, means you
had no other means to ascertain what did actually happen.

Think about that last part, very very carefully.

That should be your answer.

Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2019 5:32:05 PM
Hey blocked you for whatever reason. Sorry sweetie
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Dismissed Without Warning