Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Fake Profiles Proliferating and Distance Issues      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DonZl960
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Fake Profiles Proliferating and Distance IssuesPage 1 of 1    
At least for me, fake profiles have been proliferating under New Users - Last 20 signups matching your search criteria within 50 miles of Zip Code 33437 for the last few months. For example, Bipavabi_nir3352729 seems to be a fake profile as the Username is usually gibberish, its characteristics does not match the photo and its description is usually grammatically incorrect.

Distance has been a issue for the last several months, especially where there is no limit, as the user pictures displayed used to be within 50 miles or so but are now most well over 50 miles. The distance limit on My City has only worked sporadically over the last year. All other distance limits seem to be working for me.

POF is becoming unusable and it should not be even though POF is free.

You would think that now that POF is owned by Match Group/IAC, according to Wikipedia, that it would want a better website experience for the POF users but maybe it wants to get you to join Match to be a paid subscriber since POF is becoming unusable.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Fake Profiles Proliferating and Distance Issues