Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's Your DMV?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Trebruchet
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I’ve discovered a thing that I didn’t know existed until my wife of 37 years moved out several months ago and I began dating after 42 years of being out of the game. I’m going to call it the DMV, short for Dating Marketplace Value. Yeah, it’s the same as the Department of Motor Vehicles, but that just makes it easier to remember.

When you go to sell your home or car, you don’t really set the price. The price is set by the marketplace. If your price is too high, you’ll get no offers. If it’s set too low, you’ll have cheated yourself. The dating world is no different.

I lived in a condo with a one-car garage and no room to add on. You bought the condo from me with a one car garage or you didn’t. I just turned 63 years old. Like the one-car garage, it’s an irreversible problem. I can get my eyelids done and hair transplants, but I can’t be 62, no matter what. When you’re assessing your DMV, you have to separate the things about which you have control from those which you do not. You can lose weight, but you can’t grow several inches taller. Be honest with yourself, please, because the marketplace will be. Sometimes brutally so.

Speaking of height, I am continually amazed at the women on phone app dating sites that specify a height requirement for male respondents. The women making height criteria would be outraged if I specified a bra size. “Must be six feet tall.” “Must have 44DD tits.” Same thing, except women get a pass and I don’t. Duplicity is not attractive, Ms. Size Queen.

Demographics and geography will cause variations in your DMV. Fortunately, I’m a resident of Sarasota, Fl, where there are approximately 4 eligible women for every 3 men. Many of these women are wealthy; a nice bonus but not one of my criteria. You can always earn more money. To get a right swipe from me, you’ll need to have a robust sex drive, be height/weight proportionate, between the ages of 45-65, have a nice smile, and be a non-smoker. In that order. I have not picked these criteria out of thin air. They have been developed from careful analysis of previous dates and are a reflection of my developing DMV.

With the help of my hot neighbor who is my age but won’t date me, I was able to get on Bumble, the online dating site where only women get to pick men. An attractive blond 46-year-old forgot to enter her 45-55 age criteria and thereby got me. She conveniently forgot to post the smoking icon and I was too inexperienced to know it was missing. She hit all my criteria but one. I would rather find my girlfriend in bed with another man than in bed smoking cigarettes. She can quit him much more easily than the smokes, however, I’m finding cuckholding by cigarettes oddly erotic.

A lovely 29-year-old Cuban picked me up at a local Salsa club recently. She talked me into taking her to lunch the following day which led to a week of intrigue, capped by a visit to the Cheetah club where she got in touch with her lesbian side with several consecutive lap dancers in a private booth. I thought I died and went to heaven. All my criteria were again met, except the age thing. It was a fatal flaw that I should have recognized right away, but useful in assessing my DMV. If I can attract a 29-year-old Cuban hottie for a week, no woman is safe or out of my league.

My sexy neighbor complained that men her age won’t date her until I reminded her that I would. I have heard this complaint from other women friends who are my age. Sorry ladies, this is the marketplace at work. We aren’t dating you because we don’t have to. Financially secure 63-year-old fit men have no problem attracting women who aren’t going to lose their sex drive until after we’re dead.

Ironically, I met a woman who had to be at least 70 years old recently. She was a great dancer, thin, articulate, and a wealthy widow. Her lipstick, teeth, and white hair were perfect; the hottest woman in the club. I got her number, called for a date, but she was unavailable. If she didn’t live 2 ½ hours away, I’d be more likely to pursue. She hit three of my five criteria. I’d give her a pass on her age if I found out her motor still runs.

I’m making the best of serial dating. It’s a necessary evil to reach my goal of another long term relationship. I didn’t know an LTR was my goal until I started assessing my DMV.

Should you find yourself single, I hope you find my education in finding my DMV useful. You’re going to have to find yours. As I was, you may be pleasantly surprised, however, you may have to work on some things to raise your score. Be honest with yourself, please. Learn to enjoy the pain of introspection. The marketplace will not be denied. Good luck.
 spot4username
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/25/2018 2:10:49 PM

Ms. Size Queen.

I do not think it means what you think it means.

If I can attract a 29-year-old Cuban hottie for a week, no woman is safe or out of my league.

Bless your heart OP.
 moraima
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/25/2018 2:31:53 PM
Get back to us in a year, and let us know how your delusion is working out for you.

Trust me. This mood of yours gets old real quick.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/25/2018 2:59:11 PM
^^^ +1.

Messages this short may not be posted. Not even on Christmas day.
 Trebruchet
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/25/2018 3:27:52 PM
I am fully aware of the meaning of "size queen", thank you very much.

Hey, you got to admit, a 63-year-old hittin' a 29-year-old without paying for it directly is quite an accomplishment.
 Trebruchet
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/25/2018 3:29:27 PM
moriama:

I appreciate your perspective. I struggle with my tone, obviously. Thanks.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/25/2018 3:30:52 PM
+2. are you trying to convince us or yourself? at 54, I have no desire to change my score for anyone but myself, and if I haven't yet, likely wont. I will agree that expectations are biased. a woman can demand height, income or whatever else and be accepted much quicker than a man ruling out plus size but that isn't all women and you have a list of your own! not sure why a 63 year old that can get any women he wants would post this but thanks for looking out for the rest of us.
 moraima
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/25/2018 4:32:18 PM
"Hey, you got to admit, a 63-year-old hittin' a 29-year-old without paying for it directly is quite an accomplishment."

Oh please! 29 yr old boys with amazing bodies are a dime a dozen hitting on us oldsters. FYI, they are out to take us for what they can get.

Wise up! You are cruising for a bruising with your current mindset.
 Trebruchet
Msg: 9
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/25/2018 5:42:05 PM
moraima:

Thanks for making my point. It is quite common for a hot cougar to get hit on by 29-year-old "boys". The opposite is not the case.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 10
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/26/2018 10:00:38 AM
and from that i got...a lot of women turned him down, one got free lunch and a trip to explore her lesbian side out of him.

this really does sound like the DMV. you wasted your time, paid a lot, but think something good came out of it eventually.
 hemingway234
Msg: 11
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/26/2018 10:41:48 AM
a few comments:

- you have a lot to learn about women. That's great that you dated a foreigner for a week. I don't date foreigners, I don't care how hot they are...I don;t need a mail order bride. Besides, looks are not everything. Personality is more important.

- yes women like tall men, it's one of the top things they look for. Life is not fair, that's just the way it is. But I agree, they should not mention it in a profile, it's tacky.

- don't get so hung up on age and you'll open up your dating pool - just find a woman your age who looks younger. My back-up woman friend looks twenty years younger than she actually is.

- Speaking of the DMV, I have to go there tomorrow to register a vehicle I bought.....thanks for reminding me!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/26/2018 1:11:16 PM
I'll stick to the DMV. I may be out money, but at least I came away with something that's legal for a year.
 Trebruchet
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/26/2018 5:24:16 PM
My Cuban "foreigner" is a legal resident and is finishing her Master's degree. Smart and hot.

I am not hung up on age. Did you not read or comprehend my original post? Did you miss the paragraph on the hot 70-year-old?
 Akitahun
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/26/2018 8:11:22 PM
Hate to inform you guys looking for someone half your age....these younger woman are laughing at how stupid and desperate you look. I work with these younger women and hear so many stories of the old perverts online going after them. The are MORTIFIED that you actually think this will work.
 Trebruchet
Msg: 15
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/27/2018 4:57:16 AM
Akitahun:

You are entitled to your own opinion, however, you are not entitled to your own facts. Posting about my 29-year-old was critical to making my point about finding your DMV. I don't search out women half my age, but if I get hit on again I'm not turning down hitting another young hottie.

And at the risk of TMI, she couldn't hold a candle to the 46-year-old that just dumped me. The 46-year-old has, I fear, raised the sexuality bar too high for any other woman to meet.
 hemingway234
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/27/2018 6:19:41 AM

My Cuban "foreigner" is a legal resident and is finishing her Master's degree. Smart and hot.

- Smart and hot. Please. Millions of women are smart and hot...... so what? I still would not date her. But I'm not one of those easy guys.

I am not hung up on age. Did you not read or comprehend my original post? Did you miss the paragraph on the hot 70-year-old?

- I miss stuff all the time. If that's the case I stand corrected.
 jerseynative7
Msg: 17
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/27/2018 9:38:23 AM
Doubtful anyone believes you picked up a hot 29yr old but
cool story, bro.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 18
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/28/2018 1:24:04 AM

“Must be six feet tall.” “Must have 44DD tits.” Same thing, except women get a pass and I don’t. Duplicity is not attractive, Ms. Size Queen.

No, it's not the same thing. If a woman said "must have a penis at least x" long/thick" THAT would be the same thing.

Well, I gotta say, I know your wife didn't move out because you were too humble.
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/28/2018 10:15:31 AM
Personally I don't prefer tall men, I like to be able to look them in the face.
 whiterose0
Msg: 20
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/28/2018 11:08:14 AM

- Smart and hot. Please. Millions of women are smart and hot...... so what? I still would not date her. But I'm not one of those easy guys.

Hemingway, you sound a wee bit smug and judgmental to me. How do you know you wouldn't date her, since you've never met her? She probably wouldn't want to date you, either. I see nothing wrong with older men dating younger women, assuming they can still attract them.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 21
view profile
History
PYR, my DMV is on the QT so MYOB
Posted: 12/28/2018 11:12:48 AM
there are times when miracles happen. and i get that b/c they are miracles, we want to brag about them, as the OP did. but being on the audience side of the equation, it does re-enforce why "men shouldn't kiss and tell"

if you had success, bully for you, and don't be shocked no one feels good for you. and if you're hoping to be on "penthouse forum", there's a forum around here someplace that has to do with fantasy and literature.
 hemingway234
Msg: 22
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/28/2018 11:47:54 AM

Hemingway, you sound a wee bit smug and judgmental to me. How do you know you wouldn't date her, since you've never met her? She probably wouldn't want to date you, either. I see nothing wrong with older men dating younger women, assuming they can still attract them.

- I am very opinionated! This is the place for it, a dating forum. I'm not all that bad though. Maybe!

I usually don't date foreigners, they are just not my type - that's why I say I would not date her.

I agree that men can date younger women - it widens their dating pool and increases their chances of finding someone. However, I often see guys trying to date much younger women as a rule, and that can be difficult unless they have some seriously good game and looks - so it's often a waste of time for them.
 whiterose0
Msg: 23
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/28/2018 12:20:12 PM

I usually don't date foreigners, they are just not my type - that's why I say I would not date her.

Cameron Diaz and Eva Mendes are Cuban. No doubt you'd kick them out of bed.

I agree that men can date younger women - it widens their dating pool and increases their chances of finding someone. However, I often see guys trying to date much younger women as a rule, and that can be difficult unless they have some seriously good game and looks - so it's often a waste of time for them.

Speak for yourself. The truth is that the OP is not a bad-looking guy for 63. He's in reasonably good shape and still has most of his hair. I can understand where some younger women might find him attractive. I'm not a fan of bragging, myself, but some women like it. They view it as self-confidence.
 ssm508
Msg: 24
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/28/2018 12:33:27 PM

Being rich and powerful can also help some older men get younger women.
 PollyR107
Msg: 25
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 12/28/2018 12:56:03 PM
Dating in general is very variable and there’re no one size fits all rules. One can set their standards and expectations but whether those are realistic, that’s each to their own. IMO.

When I was actively looking to date, I never explicitly told guys who messaged me or stated in my profiles what qualities I did or didn’t want. I had them in my mind, if I got a message from a guy I wasn’t interested or who didn’t meet my “criteria”, I just wished them good luck.

@hemingway.

Just out of curiosity, how do you define a foreigner? I’m British born and bred but my family came from China. Would you say I am a foreigner in the uk, despite having been a British citizen all my life and holding a British passport? My bf loves everything oriental: food, culture, women and his idol was a Chinese and I think that was part of why he was attracted to me in the first place. He isn’t keen on white skin, blue eyes or blond hair (he’s Caucasian,though). I know that my appearance isn’t every guy’s cup of tea. Some do find me attractive, some don’t. I guess the same goes with women of other ethnicities/backgrounds as well.

I get that you’ve got your type and it’s probably the opposites of what my bf likes. Again, each to their own.

Anyway, happy new year everyone xx
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's Your DMV?