Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What did he mean "I didn't think you toward that direction"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lillyinrain
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What did he mean "I didn't think you toward that direction"Page 1 of 1    
I have been working with a guy for 2 years and start to have a crush over him. He's been living in separate lives from his wife for 7 years and they are in different cities. He never talks about his marriage and avoids any topics related to it. He has been very friendly to me and told me he wants to help me because he "likes me".

About two week ago before Christmas, I made up my mind and expressed my interest in him. When I asked him what he thinks about me, he said "I didn't think you toward that direction".

I would be reluctant to believe, but does that mean he does not think me attractive?
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 2
What did he mean I didn't think you toward that direction
Posted: 1/2/2019 12:41:20 PM
More likely he's just not interested. Not finding you attractive may be one of many reasons he feels this way
 pfif
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2019 5:58:25 PM
He's talking about his past assessment of his interest
in you, not his current assessment.

You took him by surprise; he's thinking on his feet,
to try to figure out (with this new information he has
about your interest level in him) if maybe he is
interested in you (and for what/how/when .. and IF).

Or, behind door number two, this is his idea of some
form of diplomacy with regard to backing away slowly.

This could be inconvenient as he has to respond in
*some* manner (and with *good* manners, too).

Or something else.

I would look at the poetry of 'toward that direction' and
enjoy the metaphor he chose for this one. ;)

Also: my bias comes from assumptions I made about the
both of you that probably don't obtain.

With a doctor, a diagnosis is impossible without taking a
complete history. This (what we're doing here) probably
operates along similar lines, so NO WAGERING .. for
entertainment value, only. ;)

Christopher
in Connecticut
 Lillyinrain
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2019 1:39:05 AM
Thanks for the interpretation. Here are some additional information:

He is a doctor who practices in Manhattan. I know for sure he lives in Manhattan, apart from his wife who lives more than two hours away. He barely visits her. And this has been for 7 years.

I contacted him via email a few years ago without knowing him in person. We've been working on multiple research projects which turn out to be very successful and productive. However I only visited him about 4-5 times in the past 3 years and never talked about anything personal with him till this time. We never exchanged phone numbers.

I thought he might be interested because we had a very pleasant work experience together: 1) he always responds to my message in a few minutes even on weekends, 2) he went out of his way helping me on my career despite I told him I was upset about him. 3) And during my few visits to him, he gave me full body hugs. 4) he said I want to help you because I like you.

I waited and hoped he would ask me out. And when I eventually expressed my interest to him, that was his reaction.
 dondea
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2019 6:11:35 AM
Be careful Lillyinrain. It sounds like you want to become his mistress or is this just a fling thing? He may not want to get a divorce for financial reasons. That's okay if that's what you want to do.
 basilisk123
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2019 4:34:47 AM
He is not into you like that. It is pretty simple.
 Dougtwo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2019 8:48:39 AM
It almost sounds as if he is saying he did not think you were into him based on past experiences of your history together. Now that he know this new information gauge his reaction going forward. Still his personal situation is a minefield. You would likely never be anything than an affair for him.
 pfif
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2019 3:25:05 PM
I never once had to hear it said in English.

Body language was more than enough.

Saying it out loud (in English) makes it permanent.

Oops.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2019 2:14:10 AM
DUH.....I'm thinking just that....he just might be the best friend you could ever have so don't ruin that....BUT if you do chase him in that way then be prepared for him to bolt.....you don't know what the deal is with him and his wifey and if he doesn't talk about it there's a reason....
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:00:36 AM
The OP put it out there. The next step is his. The question is.....will he take it? Who knows but you tried. Good for you.
 WhyNotInDe
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 10:56:01 AM
Well, grammar can be a ****, eh?

QTE
I didn't think you toward that direction
U/QTE

Could mean either he did not think you were interested in him in that 'direction' or that he is not interested in you in that 'direction'.

Try check that with him/ask him?
 Inicia
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 8:41:14 AM
so you expressed interest i have no clue how-- then followed with "what do you think of me?""I didn't think you toward that direction".
this indicates, as a spoken answer to the question,"his thoughts of you had no participation in leading you towards your direction" of thoughts about him. clearly a very subordinate, passive, self protective response to your digression to something more than a work relationship. clearly he thinks your a nice human being warranting assistance. it is a way of leaving it all up to you protecting himself as well as an attempt to divert your advances while protecting the safety of his work environment anything arising from this office you are an aggressor of unwanted unsolicited advances be aware you now have crossed workroom boundaries you are being aggressive period. drop it.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 11:19:17 AM
I agree with Inicia. Really though girl! Run on sentences, no punctuation. You are obviously very intelligent but don't make it so hard for us....please!
But OP? You made your move and he played dumb. Can it be any more clear? He helped you dodge a bullet. To quote Inicia....."Drop it".
 Inicia
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2019 2:45:04 PM
if i were "girl" and that pleased me as a consideration of my person, than some reciprocal consideration would enter my little; albeit judged intelligent, pea brain; it is exactly such "hard" "struggling" that helped apx 75 iq points rise to 124
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2019 3:51:55 PM

it is exactly such "hard" "struggling" that helped apx 75 iq points rise to 124

Page numbers for a Motorola 2 way radio? What am I missing here?

Yes. You are youthful looking and intelligent. I've never said differently but.....you are often difficult to understand.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What did he mean "I didn't think you toward that direction"