Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What is so bloody difficult about running a country?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What is so bloody difficult about running a country? Page 1 of 1    
What is so bloody difficult about running a country?

Apparently in order to reduce plastic waste the government is going to increase the tax on plastic bags to 10p. There's a shortage of skilled workers which employers want to address by allowing more immigration. And the Daily Mail is helping to fill the gap in the NHS by recruiting 30,000 volunteers.

What's next. Maybe we could all become special constables. Just need a big stick, can of pepper spray and some ornage stickers for the car.

Solutions are surely easier than this?

For answers see Whoops Apocalypse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5q1ZyMpFo
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2019 5:30:18 AM
I pay 10 p now. I just feel it's not a good look to walk into supermarkets with used bags. I do take the point that the plastic is not good for the environment. Sainsbury's seems to have a policy where you have to
ask for a bag and then they scan it themselves whilst staring at you as if you were a paedophile.

This defeats the idea of self service! Which is to stay away from tellers who want to talk about the contents of your shop. It doesn't work with me this. As I just dig in. I know, I know, they are only following orders but catch them when they are overwhelmed by other self servers. Seems to me Sainsbury will have so stop selling plastic bags and the government will just have to live off the worker less?

I'm not pleased with the Daily mail of late.

It is hard running a country especially when your politicians export everybody's job to Asia. And their
own to Brussels and expect to still get paid. Amazing.

I see the mainstream press are at last putting the gathering, global slide into recession, perhaps worse,
in prominent news places. I think it's 4,000 points down since October, for the Dow, $30 dollars off
Oil, the u.s.10 yr treasury has been bid down from 3.25 to 2.55%. And high yielding credit markets (junk)
are yielding higher, leaving zombie corporations sweating on a central bank "rescue" that I believe will come in 2019.

So they did not fix it, this did seem wrong to the fatuous at the start of 2018 because the global central bankers those globalist heroes seemed so confident that they had fixed it. ECB numpty, Mario Draghi (ex Goldman sachs) promised to end QE in 2018 ( tick) and maybe even raise his overnight interest rate to near zero at the end of 2019...ok...

Those globalist PhD bozos chorused their synchronised global growth for just a few days at the start of the year after 2 years of totally artificial Calm payed for By the world's workers. And then it all fell apart as they only thought they had fixed it.

First it was the emerging markets that went into a tailspin. And they all said, well it's only emerging
markets , what do you expect from Brazil or Russia. We in the developed markets are different,
Special. You know what Vladamir Putin did this time?Sold treasuries and bought Gold.

Then Europe ( yeah, that pisshole) followed by Japan and China. And then "capital" decided to head for
America and the dollar ( the cancer of this all ) as a safe haven. Donald Trump an amusing opportunist said, we have the greatest economy ever. And here we all are now in an advancing credit crunch that's starting to get noticed even by Donald.

Depending where you are it's either called trade wars , or Trump' s fault , or the guys that's in office fault, or immigrant's, Or the rich or even Brexit. It's never global monetary policy. And the perceived safe haven of the federal reserve note.

I'll have to do the link later....
 Strider886
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2019 12:55:55 AM
The only "skill shortage" is skilled people willing to work for peanuts.

Apparently we have a massive engineer shortage in this country, yet with my level of experience (22 years) it takes a good 6 to 9 months to find work? months just to find a job ad that isn't fake, because I pretty much ace interviews and always get offered the job.
What companies want is cheap engineering graduates who don't answer back, don't question stupid decisions or unethical practices and will work for 18k a year.

As for immigration, well that just means more zero hour contracts with employers who don't want the legal responsibilities of having full time staff.
 UKBunny
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2019 3:24:19 AM

Dunno mate 'Itler did ok from a standing start ....................

Justanotherchap
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2019 8:47:28 AM
Was it Einstein who said "if you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome, you're bonkers"?

Well that to me is this government (and preceding ones).

Surely if you are concerned about plastic bags you simply ban them within a certain timescale. Same for packaging - discuss with industry, agree a timescale.

If Delhi can recognise that plastic knives and forks are environmentally inexcusable and ban them, why can't we?

Rail privatisation continues to fail. East Coast made profit in public hands. Why privatise it again?
 woz1968
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/5/2019 1:52:54 PM
We have about as much responsibility for the waste in the oceans as the Swiss had for Hiroshima.

Sick to death of this endless onslaught of guilt piled on us for the plastics problem when actually we are one of the most forward thinking and environmentally aware countries on the planet.

It’s the fcuking Chinese and Africans who chuck they’re shite in the sea, not us.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/06/90-of-plastic-polluting-our-oceans-comes-from-just-10-rivers/

And how sad is it I have to back up my rant with evidence? Sad because we’ve all been so brainwashed that we are evil and destroying the planet that most of you would swear I was talking bollocks without a link.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2019 3:44:53 AM
Nope, that is enlightening.

Doesn't mean to ay thpugh that we shpu;dn't clean our act up.

As for being one of the most advanced in these areas, I lived in Norway back in the 1980's. We are nowhere near even thinking about doing what they were doing back then. Triple glazing as standard. Bottle and can deposit. Massive hydro electric shcemes meaning power costs for the home were minimal.
 woz1968
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/6/2019 4:23:08 AM
When I say advanced I mean we don’t crap in rivers and live under tin.

I have no problem with recycling, it’s a no brainer. I think we could all be more thermally efficient too so there is some way to go.

What irks me is the link between us, carrier bags and sea pollution. Someone somewhere is being paid to come up with this, to invent a link that doesn’t exist. I live right next to the river Itchen, it’s pretty big and I have never seen a single solitary carrier bag float past.

Instead of hoping the likes of Mr Xing and Mr Umbongo will notice how amazing we are and want to be more like us why don’t we just stop buying their goods and stop sending them aid until they clean up their act?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2019 4:55:16 AM
There you go, that's what I mean. How bloody difficult is it? Anyway, you can be my cabinet minister for recycling and bullshit reduction.

n order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 UKBunny
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2019 5:46:42 AM
Can I be Minister for Foreign Aid Cuts?
Go on, pretty please..........

Justanotherchap
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2019 6:55:11 AM
Oh alright. But you have to go visit every country where you're going to cut aid first. And stay in some nice hotels with swimming pools so that you can immerse yourself in the culture and understand what living conditions are actually like there.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2019 3:13:35 PM
Can I be Minister for Transport??
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2019 1:12:19 AM
As long as you promise to cancel H2S

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2019 3:20:50 PM
The problem at the moment is the country is divided over Brexit.
Half want to stay and half want to leave, hence the stalemate.
But May will sort it out, anything to hang on to the PM's job for a bit longer !
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What is so bloody difficult about running a country?