Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Very Fancy Restaurant for Second Date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drunkcat
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Very Fancy Restaurant for Second Date?Page 1 of 1    
I met a woman off of tinder that I really hit it off with. We had our first date last week and it went really well. We both really like each other. I made a reservation at one of the most fanciest restaurants in Boston for our second date. It's called Top of the Hub. The restaurant is located 60 storeys high and gives you a breathtaking view of the city, especially at night. I've already told her that we're going somewhere nice for our second date. But now that I think about it, would it come off as weird if I'm taking her somewhere fancy on the second date? For our first date we went bar hopping. I like going to nice venues, but I only take women to places like this that I really like and that I feel like there is potential for serious dating. But part of me is afraid that it will be perceived as a little weird since that this is only the second date.
 whiterose0
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Very Fancy Restaurant for Second Date?
Posted: 1/9/2019 7:39:05 AM
I think it's too soon. She might perceive you as "trying too hard" to impress her. Secondly, you might set a precedent with her where she always expects to be treated to high-end dates.

I would suggest waiting until you've had more dates with her before springing for an expensive dinner. After four or more dates, you will better be able to decide if you like her well enough to do this.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2019 8:04:55 AM
^^^I agree. Unless you're the kind of man who routinely makes the 'Big Gesture'---flowers, candy, high end dinners, travel, etc. I'd save that dinner date for a very special occasion.

But if you are a 'Big Gesture' guy, I'd say go for it~
 ssm508
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2019 8:29:03 AM
I wouldn't go to a fancy or expensive restaurant until we were in a committed relationship. A moderately priced restaurant would be a better choice for a second date. At this point, I still wouldn't know a woman that well and I don't know if things will progress to anything more serious.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 2:29:13 AM
Take her somewhere nice, of course. Just not THAT nice.
I think you will both feel stressed going somewhere super fancy on a second date.
 Inner_circle
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 7:17:54 AM
If this is the type of place you eat at regularly, then by all means, take her along. But don't go buying a fancy dinner for someone you hardly know yet if you wouldn't normally do that in the course of your regular life.

Not only could it make her think you are tying too hard, it could also create the perception that you live pretty high off the hog.

Just take her somewhere you would normally enjoy going. Dating is to get to know someone, not to impress someone with activities you are not going to want to do in later years together.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 10:43:05 AM
If you can afford to do it then I see no reason not to indulge.

You get one chance to impress so go for it. I wouldn't do it myself unless it was someone I knew a while then dated(Steak and chips meal / bowling/ picnic/ cinema etc this stage for me). But if you have the cash to spare then it's only money :)

Go all out fella and be serious. One white rose lad when you first meet on the date :) Just don't f*ck it up by trying to get you d!ck wet!
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 1:32:55 PM
What if the gal is afraid of heights? Do you even know that answer yet?
A case of vertigo would trump ANY time, effort or money dumped into a fancy effort like that.
Know your audience. And that audience is not a bunch of online strangers.
 drunkcat
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 5:01:10 PM
Thank you everyone for your input. I ultimately decided not take her to that really fancy place, with your input into consideration. I took her to another place that was still nice. It was a great date we went to a couple bars afterwards, she made a remark about me trying to impress her, so I feel like if I did take her to that first place, I was thinking of, it would have came off as trying way too hard. The date went really well we started planning a trip to Europe although it could have just been drunk talk. I went back to her place and we got physical, but I sort of blew it at the end. I drank WAY TOO MUCH truth serum and for some idiotic reason thought it was okay to tell her she smelled like cottage cheese downstairs when I was going down on her. That pretty much ruined the mood of the night and I was eventually asked to leave. Long story short gentleman, don't tell women that they smell unpleasant down there and don't get too drunk on a date.
 hemingway234
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 6:43:56 AM
Don't do fancy resturant dates for the first 2 months, until the woman is in love with you. Why? - because if the relationship does not materialize and you spend a lot of money on dates, it's a big, stupid waste of money!

You can have econo dates that are fun, if she's not a golddiger. It's not where you are, it's who you are with that counts.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 7:40:07 AM

I went back to her place and we got physical, but I sort of blew it at the end. I drank WAY TOO MUCH truth serum and for some idiotic reason thought it was okay to tell her she smelled like cottage cheese downstairs when I was going down on her.

She could be carrying a dose with her smelling like that. Get yourself checked out.
 whiterose0
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 11:02:08 AM

I went back to her place and we got physical, but I sort of blew it at the end. I drank WAY TOO MUCH truth serum and for some idiotic reason thought it was okay to tell her she smelled like cottage cheese downstairs when I was going down on her. That pretty much ruined the mood of the night and I was eventually asked to leave. Long story short gentleman, don't tell women that they smell unpleasant down there and don't get too drunk on a date.

Whew ... this thread sure has degenerated. How did you go from contemplating taking your date to a fancy restaurant, to complaining that her privates stank?

Methinks this is just another troll post, along with all the past ones you've started.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 12:37:56 PM
msg#12:
Whew ... this thread sure has degenerated. How did you go from contemplating taking your date to a fancy restaurant, to complaining that her privates stank?

Methinks this is just another troll post, along with all the past ones you've started.

I agree.

And cottage cheese really doesn't 'smell' like anything. Fresh milk. Oh the Horrors of It!
 drunkcat
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 5:42:10 PM
No certainly not a troll post sadly, I'm a brutally honest person with no filter sometimes. Since you people on here are strangers I figured there are no repercussions to letting out my personal business. I don't like telling many people in my life about personal stuff, which is why I decided to turn to this platform. I understand that it might have been a little immature for sharing that last tidbit of information but hey what can you do.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2019 2:01:37 PM

I drank WAY TOO MUCH truth serum and for some idiotic reason thought it was okay to tell her she smelled like cottage cheese downstairs when I was going down on her.

To minimize any unpleasant odors after a night of bar-hopping, it helps to take a quick shower together before going "downtown". A cheesy smell could be due to bacterial vaginosis.
 ginghamgal
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2019 10:43:14 AM

I understand that it might have been a little immature for sharing that last tidbit of information but hey what can you do.

Hey. It's relevant info because that's why it ended up being a sour night. At least you admitted it was a mistake. Learn from it and move on.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2019 10:53:38 AM
msg#14:
I understand that it might have been a little immature for sharing that last tidbit of information but hey what can you do.

IDK. Grow up?
 2ufo
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2019 11:16:02 AM

...it helps to take a quick shower together before going "downtown"...

What's wrong with a nice, long, intimate shower for two?
I mean, if you're in the shower together until the water gets cold... then there is a lot of fun chemistry.

Or else a very small water heater.
 whiterose0
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2019 12:18:09 PM

To minimize any unpleasant odors after a night of bar-hopping, it helps to take a quick shower together before going "downtown".

Perhaps she was a "lights off" girl?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Very Fancy Restaurant for Second Date?