Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Dating advice. It's been a while!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1waitingtobe2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Dating advice. It's been a while!Page 1 of 1    
Please excuse my apparent ignorance. I've been in long term relationships and haven't dated in years.

A short while ago I saw a profile of a lady who I later found out lives locally to me. I liked her pictures and her description but I couldn't message her as her mail settings put me just outside her age range.

Anyway, a few weeks later I was in a bar and I recognised the woman that worked there as being the one from PoF. I didn't get a chance to say much as it was busy but I did ask her if it was her, which she confirmed. As I stated before I've not had to date for a very long time and had no real idea what to say so I asked her how she was finding it. She said she didn't get on well with it. Full of weirdo's just after just one thing. I didn't push it further, perhaps I should have. She's since deleted her profile but I know she's still single and looking. I've seen her in the bar a few times since then and we've chatted though I've not outright told her I'm interested though I'm sure she knows. I've made a few nice comments, little hints, and she hasn't rebuffed me. A colleague of hers said she likes me.

What I'd like to know is this... It's Valentines day soon. I'd like to send her some flowers. I wouldn't sign them but I'd write a comment on the card that was something I said to her before that she liked so I'm sure she'd know they are from me. Do you think this would be ok as an ice breaker? I'm hoping it would help open up the conversation towards asking her to for a date. If not, what advice would you give to someone who although isn't shy is slightly introverted and has been until recently off the market for a long time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I've posted this in the wrong section please feel free to move it!

Thanks.
 Chastirin
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Dating advice. It's been a while!
Posted: 1/15/2019 6:25:37 AM
Did you mention you would have messaged her but you were just outside her age parameters?

What I'd like to know is this... It's Valentines day soon. I'd like to send her some flowers. I wouldn't sign them but I'd write a comment on the card that was something I said to her before that she liked so I'm sure she'd know they are from me. Do you think this would be ok as an ice breaker? I'm hoping it would help open up the conversation towards asking her to for a date. If not, what advice would you give to someone who although isn't shy is slightly introverted and has been until recently off the market for a long time.

This could work, or it could come across as creepy. She works in a bar and no doubt speaks to tons of men, some of whom will have flirted with her. Valentines day is weeks away. I would suggest you ask her out PDQ and then, maybe, a romantic gesture on valentines day will be more appreciated. I think you've got more to lose by leaving it until later.
 woz1968
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/15/2019 9:25:53 AM
“Faint heart never won fair maiden”

Stop worrying about being rejected and just get it over with.

I recommend it.
 UKBunny
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2019 10:01:55 AM
Chastirin hit the nail on the head..........
My life is full of women who 'seem' to like me,
but most of them are checkout staff, estate agents
& others who are expected to be 'enthusiastic' by rote.
See if you can ask her out, in person, before Feb 14
Frankly, the anonymous flower thing is a terrible idea (imo)
Good luck, hope it all works out for you.

Justanotherchap
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2019 1:40:37 AM
Definitely creepy.

Bunny, those women are probably massively in love with you it is just they arn't free to follow up on the deal!
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2019 3:09:48 PM
So..

I simply wanted to say that whatever avenue 1wantingtobe2 choses to go down with regards to this lady in the bar, I just wish him all the luck in the world for a successful outcome..

I`m just wondering if I`ll ever get to go on an official POF inspired date in the next 12 months...
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2019 1:13:20 AM
Isss ethat Pof is advertising on fcebook now. You can download their app too. Woohoo!
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2019 9:30:51 AM
I would just stay single and value your freedom.
Just keep busy with hobbies.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Dating advice. It's been a while!