Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Ageism      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ijustworkhere8
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ageism Page 1 of 1    
Please reply below if you have an experience to share. Such a great place I enjoy reading all posts made by people here. Dating over 30 is easy, I've got over ten years experience!

What is the youngest person you have dated since you turned 30? For me it was 26.
 Tech30
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 1/22/2019 6:52:31 AM
Im 37 and m wife is 34. When I was in my 20s and mid 30s , I dated women my age and into their 50s. I found younger girls very boring
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 1/22/2019 8:46:02 AM
as I age, the amount of difference isn't as important. in high school, dating even a year younger felt sleazy. in my 20's, a year or two was alright but dated same age mostly. in my 40's, had several dates with 20somethings but it was as if we were from different worlds. now 54 and she is 45 and no issues about age. I have met 50+ that act like teens and teens that are very mature. not ruling out age as a factor but many more important issues than that.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 1/24/2019 4:14:35 PM
Most I have dated were within 2 years younger/older in my 20's. Once I was divorced at 38, i didnt date for a couple years. In my 40, and up to current age of 59 I usually have dated 3-7 years older, non younger.
 cooldog65
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 1/24/2019 9:11:22 PM
At 37, I briefly dated a 21 year old. It didn't last.
 disorderindminor
Msg: 6
Ageism
Posted: 1/25/2019 2:50:59 PM
at 30 I was dating an 19 year old who was super clingy, she had to go. After her I dated a 23 year old from canada who ended up homeless a couple months into the relationship. I couldn't support her so we split and she ended up pregnant a few weeks after. I'm now 31 & i've dated a 21 year old who added me out of nowhere on Facebook, at first I thought it was a fake profile cause she's gorgeous but then I realized she was just an artist promoting her work to other artists/musicians. We never talked but I ran into her out of the blue at electric forest and we hit it off really well. After forest we ended up hooking up dating for about 3 months, she was having a lot of problems at work so I tried to get her a job at a big company here in town. I think she failed her piss test or something cause she fed me a line about her not passing the background check. Her situation was getting pretty bad and i'm not really in the position to be supporting females so we went our own ways to work on ourselves, she called me Christmas day to let me know she's ok and that's the last I heard from her. She can't even afford to keep a phone on and im 90% sure she's gone to stripping which is what her older sister does because magically she can afford to get her nails done and was recently looking for recommendations. I've caught her lying about a bunch of really tiny things that why would you even lie about it so it's for the best really.

The girls i'm seeing now are 27 and 23, neither one are really panning out well. The 27 is on and off hot and cold, the 23 year old goes straight ghost mode then comes back so obviously a low level of attraction there.
 cooldog65
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 1/27/2019 5:18:13 AM

The girls i'm seeing now are 27 and 23, neither one are really panning out well. The 27 is on and off hot and cold, the 23 year old goes straight ghost mode then comes back so obviously a low level of attraction there.

They're both probably seeing other people, too.
 ssm508
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 1/27/2019 8:06:29 AM
The largest age difference I had with a younger woman was 6 years. OTOH I dated a woman that was 12 years older than me. Also had a few FWB/casual relationships with women that were 15-20 years older than me.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/5/2019 3:21:43 AM

What is the youngest person you have dated since you turned 30? For me it was 26.

Since 30? Well, 30 to ~40, big differences on either end, as far as age gap. But if one's going Youngest Since 30:
- Just Porking/Hooking-Up: 19
- Hanging Out/Casual Dating: 21
- Dating: 23
- Serious Relationship: 24 (I was30 on the dot when it was ending)

Not restricted to those younger age groups. Take what the defense gives ya. Play zone, not man-to-man.
 Inicia
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/5/2019 8:07:28 AM
In my 20's oldest dated was in 50's since 30-to current- youngest was 20 yrs younger- but tend to have most in common with those in my own generation as far (cultural exposure) however, the younger men do tend to have more progressive politics/gender/spiritual ideologies which are more consistent with my ideologies
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/5/2019 8:19:09 AM
^^^^^
Can you define "culture exposure"?
 Inicia
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/5/2019 9:02:37 AM
Yes popular music-tv(rise of cable and mtv over American Bandstand- which i loved both aspects of culture affected my generation) shows/or even commercials(ie Sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don't Almond joys got nuts mounds doesn't/don't)-political figures-political activism-technology introductions (i saw the advent of microwave cooking and video games- y know standard bell phone replaced by mobiles)- education (institution) missions (cursive-skills training deemed valuable by said institution) -foods (kool-aid as opposed to juice boxes-etc)- during formative yrs-The more I think about it I could write a thesis- every generation can and could about their formative generational culture-sharing such can offer areas in which conversations proceed with less confusion does not mean enjoyment or attraction- but a similar starting point..Does that help RAT?
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/5/2019 9:25:06 AM
^^^
As I thought, similar to my view though it's the influence on preschoolers the media has on children because little ones absorb what they hear and see. When I was young it was, radio, TV and advertising that were the indirect influences. Among other things from them I learned men worked, a woman's place was in the kitchen, family problems could be solved in 30 minutes, and everyone lived happily ever after.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/5/2019 1:18:43 PM

-foods (kool-aid as opposed to juice boxes-etc)

Freeze-frame. Even pointing this out exposes, IMO, people caught up nostalgia as if it has value beyond just personal taste (Miller Lite vs Bud Light). I always say "Nostalgia's for nostrils -- quit picking your nose," lol. No, that one so-so song back in high school is not Actually great because it reminds you of prom, and that one movie is OK -- it's not amazing.

This "over-pricing" on things just because they're reminders of when they were young -- even insignificant things to most folks, like kool-aid pitchers VS juice boxes -- can certainly over-affect people. It's the reason that one weird guy at the mall is still wearing a rat-tail and flood jeans from the 80s. Some people like clinging to the past, in and of itself. It gets weird when it goes beyond mere taste (Miller Lite vs Bud Light) -- but instead bleeds into the-way-of-life and plays a role into how one rolls in life. Much like the rat-tail guy who still wears his bright-blue flooded jeans rolled up on his ankles with pride. :)

But, most people from yesteryear aren't like that. But I think sometimes people refer to back-then as an Inner excuse as to why they wouldn't be compatible with someone notably younger. Look, there's Plenty of people from one's generation they're not compatible with as far as tastes go -- and there's Plenty of people from future generations who Are. But it can be a self-fulfilling prophecy to not be compatible with someone if you don't want to; whether it be about their distinct look, the age-difference, etc.

Bottom line: It's because of Age, in and of itself that heeds it back, mainly -- even though we'd like to think it has some actual substance beyond that. It heeds some (not all) short-term flings because of how peers would view it, even though people with actual life/cultural differences can be fine doing that. And it heeds full-rounded Dating with LTR potential due to not only that stronger (because it's more serious), but also because even though much older Bob or Sally look good now, it doesn't have a long LTR in the cards. Kind of like future discrepancies in the cards. They'll be 68, I'll be 48, and vice versa. For good reason it throws out the solidity of a long LTR, for most people. And of course, it not being kosher in society (no matter what music you listen to).
 dragonbytes
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/5/2019 4:31:47 PM
I have tended to date women in their 30s. Regardless of my own age, which currently is 66. But I am married now, my wife when I met were was 37, 22 years younger.

Only exception was my first long term GF, she was 2 years younger at age 18.
 Inicia
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/5/2019 6:42:44 PM
Indeed, at a younger age dating older was not an issue- nor dating younger- yet, now the reality of being older and having "mortality" "health" limits salient- i do not want a LTR with someone much older-I am past the place where i want children or sharing a household- younger people may desire such, why would i waste their time.? for a quick roll or STD(Short Term Dating not VD) as NWGuy explained.. sure but a very nice young man (21yrs of age I was 44) asked "will you be my girlfriend" touched as I was: Not once, in my life, after about 18yrs of age have any partners garnered the label boyfriend or i girlfriend- partners, lovers, or roommates(when the relationship was veritable Sh*T)
- i love the attitude and the younger generations- new music- new ideologies-progressive gender and political views- tech advances, though often not very familiar- but sometimes an older song(nostalgia) will pop in my head when it suits the conversation- and if I share it "often younger partners" look at me blankly and say WTF r u talking about- lol as I said reduces confusion..
 Like2dance
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/8/2019 11:51:38 AM
Ever since I became single in my early fifties I dated younger women. Initially they were in the 10 years younger range. As time went by I dated relatively younger women until now they run about 25 years younger than I am. Sorry, but I am just not interested in dating women nearer my age and I don't have to anyway.
 Inicia
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Ageism
Posted: 2/9/2019 6:21:22 AM
L2D2 why apologize know your limits! It is all cool! you do a favor- So thank you! Greatly appreciate your choice..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Ageism