Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gavs321
Msg: 1
Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
(I feel this is helpful to all men when we look at if adding on muscle makes it easier to get dates).

I am currently around 23% body fat which in my opinion anything over 15% is fat for a man. What's interesting is when I get skinny, I tend to get male attention which sucks. I start to look very feminine when my body fat gets too low.

When I get bulkier, I get more attention from women.
I am 6 foot, weigh 217 pounds and am 23% body fat. I'm trying to get to about 240 but maintain 20% body fat.

To maintain a massive size like this is hard not to mention it includes a lot of force feeding.

Are there any men on here who have put on serious muscle and noticed a different on how women respond to you?

Before someone says work out for yourself, I don't think like that. I am extremely miserable when I try to bulk because my appetite is very weak. I tend to crave sugary things like Coca-Cola, not so much real food like chicken or jasmine rice.

Opinions?
 daynadaze
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)
Posted: 1/22/2019 10:37:13 AM
I hate big muscles, they look like a deformity to me, but to each their own. I like fat men who like to snack in front of the TV, lots of women disagree with me. Be happy with yourself, it's your body.
 hemingway234
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/22/2019 10:41:48 AM

I like fat men who like to snack in front of the TV

- haha!
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2019 7:23:01 PM
since when did Jasmine rice become ......'real food'?...................Man, I gotta quit being a Gym-rat
 cooldog65
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2019 7:44:08 PM
OP...The extra size will be hit and miss. Your height works more in your favor. The mirror is a good indicator of your progress. Good luck.

(srs question)

What is srs?
 gavs321
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/22/2019 7:53:48 PM
Jasmine rice has no sugar in it. It is a very clean carb and it's cheap.
 Natey2
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/23/2019 8:20:13 AM
OP, your BMI is 29.4
See http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Mine was 22.5 in 8/2018.

Msg: 5

What is srs?

Supplemental Restraint System.
i.e. Airbags
 moraima
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2019 8:21:39 AM
My father was a weightlifter. Most of the men I have been involved with worked to develop their muscles.
I very much appreciate muscular men, however they MUST have brains as well.

I can't stand women with stick arms - never mind men with stick arms.

Being a tiny women and always active, I have muscles. It would feel weird to be with a man who didn't.

One of my best friends husbands is a major weightlifter. He consumes bowls of rice with his meals,
 Natey2
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/23/2019 8:26:52 AM
There was a topless profile pic (back view) of a POF woman flexing her muscles as one of my matches. She had more back muscles than most men I know.
I wouldn't want to hug her.

But there are some heavy things in my garage in high places she might be able to move for me. Because I don't want to hurt my back trying.
 jerseynative7
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2019 9:40:56 AM
srs=serious

You can have muscles but if you act like a douchebag, they wont help you attract women. Fit men are attactive in my opinion. Muscle head types, not so much.
 2ufo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2019 9:59:16 AM
Jasmine rice has a pretty high glycemic index... and could be why you're craving sweet things.

As for opinions, every woman has one or more.
Mine is bulky muscles are less important than kindness, consideration, intelligent discourse, etc...

Of course, as pointed out, you need to be happy with yourself and who you are attracting.
 cooldog65
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2019 11:18:31 AM

srs=serious

Saving a few letters, but not shortening the longer word (question)...
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Do muscles make it easier to attract women (serious question)
Posted: 1/23/2019 11:28:42 AM
depends upon the relationship you're looking for. if you date in order to get laid, then focus on the physical package, or you'll forever be the good guy she has as a friend, but never imagines naked. if you date in order to have company...then focus on being FUN. and one day when she's horny enough and can't find a better option, you may get kissed, and employ great foreplay that leads to more than making out.
 gavs321
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/24/2019 9:44:57 AM
P, your BMI is 29.4
See http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Mine was 22.5 in 8/2018.

-

BMI doesn't mean much.

I do the measurements and at 217 pounds I am around 23% body fat.

I want to weigh 250 pounds at 15% body fat...

I want to get huge.
 gavs321
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/24/2019 9:46:33 AM
My father was a weightlifter. Most of the men I have been involved with worked to develop their muscles.
I very much appreciate muscular men, however they MUST have brains as well.

I can't stand women with stick arms - never mind men with stick arms.

Being a tiny women and always active, I have muscles. It would feel weird to be with a man who didn't.

One of my best friends husbands is a major weightlifter. He consumes bowls of rice with his meals,

-

I don't like muscles on women. I've never been with a muscular girl before but it doesn't look very feminine especially when women are on mild steroids like Var. Starts to look weird.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2019 10:51:00 AM
I was a competitive powerlifter throughout high school and college, until I seriously injured my left arm and permanently disabled it during my last contest (still won it by a mile, ending my 8 year career undefeated in bench press). Although I didn’t have as puffy of a chest as I would have liked, it was very obvious how muscular I was even fully clothed. Yet, not one date throughout high school and college, hundreds of rejections, and no real interest from any girl/woman I ever met during that period that I can recall. This was obvious evidence that muscles did not help ME attract women.

The only period of my life when women were showing any interest in me was when I was several years beyond any weightlifting at all and fairly out of shape, but to be fair, I was not fat and my biceps have NEVER shrunken. Yet it was pretty obvious almost none of the women I dated during that period cared much or any about their romantic interest’s muscles (some of them dated men before/after me that were borderline obese or skinny as rails) and if they had any idea that I was muscular and not just “average,” that didn’t factor much into their decisions to date me.

(It should be noted that I have never gotten a woman who works out or is any way athletic to date me -- most of my dates have been with women who have never touched a weight in their lives. Which is not to say all of them were overweight -- some were, but most were just "average" and a couple freakishly skinny, plus a couple more that were "modelsque" but just naturally that way.)

So, for the most part, it would seem I’m answering “No” to your question, at least in my own experience.

But...

Fast forward to a few years ago when I suddenly took up running (I was never a runner even in high school or college), then bought some dumbbells and started working out again (one-armed) for the first time in decades. Combined with an absurd high protein diet, next thing you know, I look like I do in my profile pic.

Actually, the profile pic: that’s where things get interesting. I had been on this site for 11 years before I started using that pic and was lucky if I got 1-2 unsolicited views a month – as recently as 2015, I went 6 consecutive months without any unsolicited women clicking on my profile while using otherwise good pics that didn’t show any muscular build. Within the first 30 days of using the current pic, I had about 60 unsolicited views – arguably more than the previous 10 years combined! I ended up with about 500 for the year.

So... although it is true that every woman is an individual, I would say my 12 year experiment on POF is proof that a significant percentage of women are more likely to click on a pic of a muscular guy than an “average” guy, as my pictures over the years have had both, despite it being the exact same guy statistically and facially, and the muscular pic profile views beat the non-muscular pic profile views about 50 to 1. That, my friends, is how you conduct a true scientific experiment.

That said, despite all the views, I still very rarely get unsolicited emails, have attracted no additional attention whatsoever in real life and have now been dateless all 4 years of my current muscular phase. Undoubtedly that’s because of another “truism” about muscles: they will not compensate for height. The type of women who think muscles are attractive are also the same women who think tall height is attractive (or more like, think short height is unattractive). These women click on my profile because of the muscular pic, having no idea how tall I am when they do, and when they finally see my height, they lose interest.

So, the muscles should work out better for you than for me – just, as some of the ladies suggested, don’t get carried away because for the “average woman”: Channing Tatum and Zach Effron muscles = attractive, Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime, not so much. As for me, getting into this shape was a complete and total waste of time and effort, leading only to major injuries, arthritis and severe disappointment. I suspect I’m probably even a joke to most women – “look at the little man overcompensating.” So, yeah, I would not recommend muscles for short men. Only making lots of money. That fixes EVERYTHING for men.

P.S. I got my BMI down to 19 last summer (it's definitely over 20 right now thanks to the holidays). The last time my BMI was 19 was middle school. I should post a pic I have from that 19 BMI state, back when I was working out 20 hours a week, burning 4000 calories a day on weekends while taking in only 2000 but nearly all protein. I looked like a damn gymnast or Olympic swimmer. It was quite ridiculous. My profile pic is from when I probably looked the best ever, according to my female friends anyway -- the absolute peak was a few weeks later during that Badlands shot on top of a mountain.
 gavs321
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/24/2019 10:58:47 AM
We have to talk more!! Also, thanks for the feedback

If you did competitive body building we have a doctor here in North Texas that writes prescriptions for Deca and Oxandrolone no questions asked.

I'm trying to get to about 250 pounds around 15% body fat
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2019 1:53:16 PM
Body builder type muscles probably snag more attention from other male body builders than from the women.
Unless they are female body builders.
Just my opinion.
There are muscles and then there are MUSCLES >>
Takes a lot of time work attention, etc. to keep them pumped
Some women would rather have you give that attention to THEM, rather than your own body.
 Natey2
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/24/2019 2:53:31 PM
Check out the movie about Ronnie Coleman: Mr Olympia for 8 consecutive years http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7217214/

Was it worth it?
 HawkingJr
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2019 4:18:04 PM
"Body builder type muscles probably snag more attention from other male body builders than from the women."

There is truth to that. Back when I actually worked out at popular gyms, I don't remember a single woman (outside of employees) saying a thing to me about the mind-blowing weight I was lifting (300 pound bench press in 125 pound weight class -- and I never actually weighed 125, usually not even close), or for that matter, saying anything to me at all, but guys wouldn't shut up about it, especially those far larger than me that couldn't do as much because they weren't in as good of shape (my senior year in high school, I was the strongest guy on the football team by bench press despite being also the smallest guy).

That said, understand that I was not nor am I now a "bodybuilder." I was a competitive powerlifter, which normally leads to a different physique from a body builder, especially since I've never been out there weighing my food or anything crazy like that that body builders do. Most competitive powerlifters are actually pretty burly, stocky even if they are tall and don't look anywhere near as cut as bodybuilders -- you rarely ever see a professional powerlifter with a six pack. I'm obviously very different from most other powerlifters (most of my weight class competitors were shorter than me but wide as houses), mostly I think just because I eat so little. I make the most out of very little muscle tissue instead of packing on tons of muscle tissue, and honestly I'm not even sure that's a learned condition -- I appear to be just naturally built that way, a powerlifting prodigy. Despite this... I've never had a six pack. That, it would seem, is genetic -- I was down to 5% or less body fat in my peak competitive days in high school and college, and still had no six pack because all 5% apparently went to my gut, which again, is just genetics. If I gain a few pounds these days, it all goes to my waist -- no fat whatsoever on my arms, legs and neck and very little on my buttocks. Just really annoying, so I'm always having to get myself down into the 110s just to prevent a belly from forming.
 Natey2
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/25/2019 9:32:01 AM
I hear that for female bodybuilders, a very low bodyfat percentage can cause menstrual irregularities and problems.
But what do I know, right?
Posted: 1/25/2019 9:56:20 AM
I think it depends on the woman. I'm attracted to muscular men if they are intelligent. If they are just an air head it sort of ruins it for me. Some women don't mind their muscular guys being dumb. Some women just like non muscular dumb men. Some women will settle for any man, just to say they are in a relationship. You just have to find a woman who likes what YOU have to offer.
 whiterose0
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/25/2019 10:35:45 AM

Jasmine rice has no sugar in it. It is a very clean carb and it's cheap.

Carbohydrates, including rice, are converted to sugar (glucose) by the body. The easiest way to cut down on sugar is a low carb diet.

I want to get huge.

I've never personally been attracted to huge men, even when I was young. I've always liked them to have muscle definition, but be lean at the same time.
 ssm508
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2019 12:34:20 PM
Depends on the woman. The women I have dated were largely attracted to men with a moderate amount of muscle. But not huge men that looked like professional bodybuilders. Other women may be more attracted to the bodybuilder type or men that don't have as much muscle.
 dinno76
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/26/2019 9:49:03 AM
You do not need big muscles to attract women.You need a big wallet filled with 100 dollar bills. If not then learn how to play the guitar. Young ladies tend to be attracted to rich men or men that play in rock bands.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)