Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Best use of 2 remaining POF tokens      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Natey2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Best use of 2 remaining POF tokensPage 1 of 1    
I have 2 more POF tokens.
My upgraded subscription just expired.
Since I paid $0.19 for each of those tokens, I want to get the most out of them.
I may not renew my subscription since I met someone and have been going out with her for a while now.
What's the best use for the tokens now?

MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Best use of 2 remaining POF tokens
Posted: 1/25/2019 8:56:36 AM
The vast majority of users aren't upgraded and therefore have no tokens, probably not knowing what you can purchase with them. Unlikely anyone reading your thread will know what you're able to do with them.

If a token lets you send a "gift" to another user, I suggest you send one gift each to two of your friends on the forums. Would imagine some gifts can be interpreted as platonic.
 Natey2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2019 12:04:09 PM
Only upgraded members can send POF gifts; up to 3 per day.
I think POF should allow tokens to extend upgraded membership, maybe like 2 or 3 days of upgraded membership for 1 token.

I would not give gifts to women without prior approval.
I once sent a gift to a woman, and some guy the woman was talking to for a while got pissed at her for getting the gift and broke up with her.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2019 5:02:30 PM

I once sent a gift to a woman, and some guy the woman was talking to for a while got pissed at her for getting the gift and broke up with her.

I have always believed that showing gifts received is silly. You'd think the site would refrain from showing gifts because people might send fewer messages (therefore less potential revenue for the site) to someone who has received them.

The only practical power of gifts I've noticed is the ability to communicate with someone outside the 14 year age limit. Apparently you can send a gift to someone with a larger age difference and add a written message. Once a nice mature lady on the forums sent me a gift along with a nice message. She complimented me on a post I had made in the forums. She was 25+ years older.

As to tokens, I now have a better idea what you're able to do with them thanks to a lame automated message from "Markus". He sent two messages about a sale on tokens, touting them for 3 things you can do with them: 1) have your email show at the top of the recipient's inbox (I see a problem: what if multiple people use a token for that purpose!) Already forgot the other two, and I already deleted the messages from Markus. Am sure everybody got that email and can see the other two unless they deleted the message. I do remember both of the others being useless for someone in your situation of seeing someone and not looking. They're only for trying to make contact with someone new.

My inbox still has a "1" though I read everything. This site has more bugs than a rotting stump.
 _nicola_xx
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2019 5:32:18 PM
I haven't been on for ages, so 'Markus's message is still cluttering my inbox - deleted now.

Anyway:

"With one token you can:
- Get your message to the top of your match's inbox with Priority Messaging
like this one
- Super Yes your perfect match in Meet Me
- Highlight yourself and stand out from the crowd

Get 90% off tokens now!"

Enjoy your tokens :)
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Best use of 2 remaining POF tokens