Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Blocked      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kylem122
Msg: 1
view profile
History
BlockedPage 1 of 1    
I have a sarcastic personality so I messaged someone that had their job as "Big Investing Firm" everything seemed to be going well so I made a statement "Do you play with money all day?" as a way to get the conversation started? being MYSELF as too say

I was really trying to ask what she did because she was being limited about details then I was blocked

If you are at a "Big investing firm" that is "Confidential" they why are you on here?

Just don't get why women are so tense, ease up
 whiterose0
Msg: 2
Blocked
Posted: 1/26/2019 12:21:13 PM
I don't blame the woman for blocking you. That was an asinine thing to say. She isn't obligated to tell internet strangers the name of the company where she works.
 ssm508
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 1/26/2019 12:51:25 PM
You could have simply asked for a general description of her job. A person can do that without mentioning the name of the company (s)he works for. That being said, there's no guarantee that you were blocked for that particular statement. Some women can block a man whenever they aren't interested (regardless of the reason(s) why) as an "preemptive strike" to avoid possible rude emails from a man.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 1/26/2019 1:38:40 PM

I have a sarcastic personality

Sarcasm between strangers rarely goes well over a computer screen unless you use emoticons generously to help convey meaning and tone.
 2ufo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 1/26/2019 2:05:11 PM
Many women take sarcasm as it was meant - sharp, bitter, aggressive, designed to be mocking and painful.

So-called 'humorous' sarcasm usually requires a vocal inflection and lots of expressions to work so it doesn't work well over the internet.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 1/26/2019 4:07:58 PM
sarcasm hasn't always worked well for me either online or text. even people I know personally have misunderstood my sarcasm. at least they questioned it, a stranger may just cut ties.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 1/27/2019 6:57:20 AM
kylem, you don't really know why she blocked you. It could have been your question or it could have something she noticed in your profile after you started chatting or a host of other things. Regardless, not a match so you go on to the next prospects. Re: sarcasm, I am trying to remember the old saying... I think it was "sarcasm is the incessant babbling of a diseased wit" or something to that effect. While sarcasm can be acceptable in well-established relationships where there is already understanding and trust, it may not float so well in online communication between people who have yet to have the occasion to meet.
 ssm508
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 1/27/2019 7:35:47 AM
Sarcasm can work for me online or text (even with people I don't know that well) when I used emojis. Then the other person would often know that I was being sarcastic or not serious.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 1/27/2019 8:55:19 AM

Many women take sarcasm as it was meant - sharp, bitter, aggressive, designed to be mocking and painful.

So-called 'humorous' sarcasm usually requires a vocal inflection and lots of expressions to work so it doesn't work well over the internet.

Many men too, and it's exactly how I take it.

There is nothing worse than when you're serious about something and the person gets sarky when it's pretty damn obvious that it will only add fuel to the fire. The people that are constantly sarcastic and don't know when it is appropriate, I avoid and will not engage as can't be @rsed with them.
 hemingway234
Msg: 10
Blocked
Posted: 1/27/2019 10:41:11 AM
If you were fishing for the name of her company, that's why she blocked you. She does not want to let a stranger know her location, and that's perfectly reasonable for her to feel that way, until she gets to meet a man a few times.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 2/15/2019 4:08:57 PM
Sarcasm is thinly veiled contempt to some people.
I think you were just trying to be comical but...
coming from a stranger a person might question that "joke" is asking about income most woman
do not want to expose if they are wealthy because of scammers.
Another might accuse you for trying to guess their net income and how wealthy they are.
Might be they thought you were just a gigolo. * cue David Lee Roth.
I know a man might think I was a gold digger if I was "sarcastic" about money.
Jokes about money don't bode well with men.
You just said something stupid. Move on, you might get another persons attention.
Good Luck.
Blocked
Posted: 2/15/2019 5:32:52 PM
You made fun of her job.

If she has studied hard and achieved a level of proficiency in her field, she is likely proud of her accomplishments.

You would not be a good match for her, with being so immature at your age (37).

It's not her, it's you. Move on.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Blocked
Posted: 2/18/2019 12:03:27 PM

I have a sarcastic personality so I messaged someone that had their job as "Big Investing Firm" everything seemed to be going well so I made a statement "Do you play with money all day?" as a way to get the conversation started? being MYSELF as too say

I too, have a sometimes weird sense of humor. IMO, it was a playful conversation starter intended as a way of showing interest in her job.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Blocked