Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do you like men that are better looking than you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gavs321
Msg: 1
Do you like men that are better looking than you? Page 1 of 1    
I am kind of curious and want to ask women this.

When it comes to a man's appearance, do you like:

1) a man that is less attractive than you? Does it make you feel
more confident in the relationship when you are better looking
than the man?

2) do you like a man that is equally attractive to you?

3) do you like a man that is significantly more attractive than you?

For example would you feel comfortable being with a guy that
looks like "Ian Sommerhalder" or is that too intimidating if
a guy looks like that?
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do you like men that are better looking than you?
Posted: 1/27/2019 1:30:05 AM
I go by the person. The men I've dated have been drop dead gorgeous, homely, tall, short, muscular, fat, etc. What they've all had in common was that something about them interested me.
 2ufo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2019 12:28:14 PM
A man's appearance doesn't matter to me.

Usually I like to see 'character' (i.e. not handsome) in a man's face - laugh lines as well as brow furrows. To me, it signifies that they have actually had lives and emotions.
Other the other hand, I've had people ask me how I married my ex... because he was handsome and I was not pretty. Usually I told them 'great sex' but the actually answer is more complicated than that - just like most life.

What makes a man initially attractive to me is how interested he is in me (yes, I know - so very superficial).
Or maybe how interested he is in making him and me an 'us'. How he smiles in my company and relaxes around me as we talk. How he has managed that delicate balance of getting closer to me physically yet still maintaining a respectful distance.

I've found out that men get more attractive to me or less attractive as I get to know them better.
Ugly men get handsome as they relax and laugh with you, as their eyes shine with anticipation.
Handsome men get ugly as they make judgements or complain.

I've heard that ugly men are better at sex because they have to be.

In my opinion, your question is utterly ridiculous because initial attraction does NOT always continue on simply because of the attractiveness of the partner.
Physical beauty, eye color, muscles, physical traits are only what get us to look at a person.
It is the interaction with each other over time that allows a relationship to grow.

With so many of your posts alluding to physical traits (i.e. being huge, steroids, blue or green eyes), you might wish to discuss a counselor before continuing your quest for what you seek.
 whiterose0
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/27/2019 12:52:44 PM

2) do you like a man that is equally attractive to you?

Yes, please. I prefer things to operate on a level playing field. It goes much smoother for both of us that way.
 gavs321
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/27/2019 1:15:17 PM
Telling me to see a counselor is ridiculous. Not to mention a waste of money and time I would
have to take off of work.

Based on online dating experiments, it shows that white guys with blue / green eyes do better
to attract women than other men. I thought was
interesting.

There are tons of men that want to get huge.

Therapists are scams just like chiropractors...

It is healthy that I push myself to change and learn.

It becomes worrisome when a person is set in their ways and refuses to change.

-

Talking to someone doesn't do anything. When I as 18 years old, I was the "ugly duckling" / outcast

Talking to one person or a million people wasn't going to change anything about my life.

I had to make severe changes to myself and that is what gets you results.

If I want a better job for example, I need different education or a different social circle and know the right person to get a certain job.

I am not trying to be negative, just being real and hate being told to talk to someone.

Knowledge and change will progress a person to their best potential.

That's the truth

2ufo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2019 1:25:25 PM
Ok. Just a suggestion based upon my opinion of your posts. Free advice, of course, is worth exactly what you pay for it.

Do online dating experiments go beyond someone marking 'yes' or 'no' to a profile photo? Do these experiments go beyond first dates or relationships? Do we find that marriages over 40 years are actually between blue-eyed men and green-eyed women? Really - initial attraction could be something as simple as a smile or a 'hello'. You don't appear to understand that initial attraction may lead to nothing further than a first date. Meets and first dates are not important. Fifth and twentieth dates and engagements and buying the house together and being together for 10, 20, 30+ years... Those are important.

Tons of men wanting to get huge...
Ok. Could explain why I'm not attracted to tons of men.
(But I am a bit older than you.)

Therapists and chiropractors...
have their uses in appropriate times and places. Use the tool as the tools is meant to be used. Just because you have a hammer doesn't make everything a nail.
The fact that you think therapists and chiropractors are scams while going to a doctor who will blindly prescribe anything... shows a bit of loose thinking in your braincase.

It could be healthy if you push yourself to change and learn... but you need to be able to discriminate between 'useful' and 'useless' information.
 gavs321
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/27/2019 1:46:28 PM
I had a friend doped up anti-depressants and did therapy, he killed himself.

He lost his mind because therapists kept reassuring him to be himself. As we know, therapists
are scum and will keep charging your insurance companies 250 a session and they allow you
to dwell on issues.

I think therapy is a cop out and avoids the real problem.

I had testicular cancer, do I talk about it or change it?

Final note, one thing I learned with cancer is once your money
dries up, no one cares about you.

I spent so much money and was almost rejected when I couldn't
come up with another 2,200 dollars on surgery day.

I can't in good faith give money to a therapist when all they see
is my money.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2019 3:24:10 PM
all therapy isn't a scam. maybe the phone, pay by minute ones are but a decent therapist does a little more than listen to you whine.
I think therapy is a cop out and avoids the real problem.

I had testicular cancer, do I talk about it or change it?
well you didn't need therapy to know you had to change it. someone falling into depression over it and thinking the end is near could use a therapist to see other options and deal with what is on their plate. in this case, other options would be going to a doc as you did. these boards are a form of therapy as you discuss an issue and get others views on it. a paid professional is trained and hopefully gives better advice. nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself by getting buff/muscular but also nothing wrong with being happy as you are. a therapist would address why your doing it and give an outside opinion on it being rational. I don't know if it is or not or if you even need a therapist, just saying they do indeed help those the do need help. someday, you might need it.
 Inicia
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2019 5:22:18 AM
Yes indeed self healing is great- but if unwilling to accept self healing for all aspects of human condition- then hypocrisy is present in calling one choice of health intervention a cop/e-out while utilizing another for what health ailments you feel unable to fix personally.

Appearance is really subjective- we all have our ideology of attractive-i cannot judge anything about my partners looks in comparison to self- because of course they are more attractive than i find me-really otherwise get a mirror and i am good to go! lol
 Inner_circle
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2019 8:19:19 AM
Every man I have ever had a crush on, in my opinion was THEE MOST HANDSOME MAN ON EARTH.

And I always thought they were better looking then I was.

Funny thing, they did not see themselves the same way I saw them. That made them even hotter, as being smug is not attractive to me.

Looks are dependent on what the person looking, see's in that person.
 Inicia
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2019 7:40:32 AM
^^^indeed-attraction!!
 whiterose0
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/5/2019 1:51:44 PM

Every man I have ever had a crush on, in my opinion was THEE MOST HANDSOME MAN ON EARTH.

And I always thought they were better looking then I was.

Funny thing, they did not see themselves the same way I saw them. That made them even hotter, as being smug is not attractive to me.

Looks are dependent on what the person looking, see's in that person.

Even if he doesn't see himself that way, other women surely will. One of the reasons I didn't enjoy dating a classically handsome man in my past was because other women were constantly coming on to him - even when he was with me. The man I'm involved with now is about equal to me in looks, although he thinks I'm the better-looking one.
 happywind
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/7/2019 2:37:16 AM
In the past, I've only dated guys who were less facially attractive and less fashionable than I was. I didn't want to be "shallow", but average looking/not attractive guys were kind of a waste of time because they'd get all insecure and accuse me of cheating and try to change how I dressed and did my makeup to plain, boring crap. They'd initially get with me because of the glamourous-ness and then try to change me into a pajama pants and sloppy bun girl. Nothing wrong with that, but that's not me. I've also been discouraged from working out, the average dudes wanted to trap me in the house and would never walk, jog or bike with me outside, and would make snide comments if I didn't want to eat junk and compare me negatively to ex GFS that did not put in even 1/4 the effort into her appearance that I did.

Now I am more open to dating guys who are more attractive in the conventional sense. I should have started sooner because they have proven themselves to be much more pleasant to talk to than your average guy, lol. I'd be willing to give Ian Sommerhalder a chance if he didn't snub my Scandanvavian style diet, desire to go outside, smokey eyeshadow and red lipstick and fashionable dresses. I want to get back to being my old self again, and I can't really do with that the average Joes; that's why I fell off the wagon in the first place. You'll Notice that many not-so-hot guys online are very opinionated about looks when it comes to women, but in reality life, my experience has been that they can't really handle getting what they claim to want.

It's not so much the looks per se, so much as it's his mindset. I like men that run the gamut of hot to not, but it seems like only the hot guys understand where I am coming from when it comes to self improvement and a healthier lifestyle.
 hemingway234
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/7/2019 8:51:52 AM
Yes, usually the more attractive one is likely to have power in the relationship - which is usually the woman.........most guys are ugly, lol

I'm just tellin' it like it really is since 2001!
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 7:49:29 PM
I would just like to have the man I am with think I am gorgeous, because it's entirely probable that I think he is and that makes us equal and compatible.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 10:25:27 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I could think a man is very handsome and another woman would find him repulsive.
Handsome to me goes beyond looks, does he have a loving heart, supportive attitude, grateful spirit. Those men are attractive inside.

I once dated an undoubtedly drop dead handsome man... but he had the personality of a door knob. Needless to say his looks didn't suffice his spiritual deficits. He was also a control freak. Turned me off after 4 months. His looks didn't matter in fact he became hideous to me.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 10:49:14 AM
Well I've never been interested in men ever. However if I should meet one who makes my panties wet turning gay is a possibility
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do you like men that are better looking than you?