Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The importance of the View Back before messaging someone!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fascinator123
Msg: 1
The importance of the View Back before messaging someone!! Page 1 of 1    
I think people should wait for someone to view-them-back before sending a message out. I think it's good manners and is the best way of going about things. If people make a habit of sending messages to those who've shown them no interest then they are making their own problems and the recipient can't be blamed for not replying if they did nothing to encourage that person in the first place.
I think it should work the same way as in the everyday life scenario ...if someone is looking our way and seems interested we go on over there...if not we know they just 'aren't into us' so no point trooping on over there! If we still insist on doing it there's a high chance we're going to end up looking like a human omelette!
Some say it's rude not to reply to everyone ....I say it's polite to wait for someone to view you in return before jumping in with both feet!
More than one way to look at this thing!
People lead very busy lives these days and they come on to chat with those they find appealing or interesting. No one wants to be saying the polite 'No thank you' all night to people they didn't even view and have no interest in. Giving a 'No' is really hard and not a pleasant thing to have to do and I just think it would solve a lot of problems and wounded egos if people took time to think it through instead of steamrollering in!
If people choose the 'Shotgun Style' approach instead of waiting to see if someone would actually welcome a message then they should take the consequences of that and not moan about people not replying. It might seem harsh but I really think it's the way it should work on Pof. Makes sense to me, anyway!!
 Inner_circle
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The importance of the View Back before messaging someone!!
Posted: 2/1/2019 8:51:43 AM
Do things how YOU want to do them and don't worry about how others do things.

I don't allow anyone to see, that I have viewed their profile for my own reasons.
 am70sguy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2019 2:14:55 AM
Looks like OP gone already. Perhaps figured out how well that was gonna work for him.
 Inicia
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2019 9:13:55 AM
Yeah-we can look at every person who viewed us and if the picture or physical location are not on our radar it can help for that- but a picture and location that work and we read the profile- it can be no way-but with the OP's philosophy - onslaught time lol-many view profiles but don't read them anyway..If I send a cold message-and they read and don't respond doesn't matter about who viewed who_ that is the answer lol!! A first message might never be sent with the op's philosophy..
 ssm508
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2019 9:15:54 AM
People viewing your profile doesn't necessarily mean that they are interested in you. They could be just browsing profiles. Or maybe they liked the main picture. But there was some thing(s) mentioned in the profile that is a dealbreaker to them. Or they didn't like some of the secondary pictures.

You also can't assume people wouldn't be interested because their profile isn't in the "Viewed Me" section. Perhaps they set their settings to prevent their profile from showing up in the "Viewed Me" section.
 am70sguy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2019 1:54:20 AM
I always read the profiles, but perhaps I'm a minority, would be an interesting study to see how it varies by age groups. relationship desired, etc. I get a kick in getting a glimpse into other peoples lives.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2019 2:46:48 PM

I think people should wait for someone to view-them-back before sending a message out.

- Just because someone views you, does not mean they have interest.
- Many many people turn OFF showing that they viewed the other's profile.
- Even with it still ON, they're not going to show as viewing you after you viewed them -- if they viewed you in the past randomly.
- Not every person (namely girls) view the Viewed thumbnails to evaluate every person who viewed them, and based off a thumbnail always view them as a sign of interest. Come on, man.

Your "gut" reflex -- emotion -- is consuming you, and not putting things in perspectives. Due to being denied left & right passively, you're focused on what-you-want... not even realizing the site itself doesn't fit that bill.

You mine as well have some game of requiring a double-Yes on "Meet Me", in order to write them. Some sites (Tinder, Bumble) Only go by that. POF, Match, and OKC and most other match-making sites do not. You're taking it a step further which is Not Realistically Feasible, to use this site in a way it was not shaped nor by people's habits, to go by view-everyone-who-views-you-ONLY-if-you-like-them (but what if you don't after? or before, but are just curious so you click?). A view is not a "Like".

Write a girl if you like her profile. Don't be chicken.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The importance of the View Back before messaging someone!!