Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Ageism, the last taboo      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aspergersman
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ageism, the last tabooPage 1 of 1    
Hi, I am soon to turn 30 this year.

Unfortunately, due to personal circumstances, I was not able to date throughout my teens and 20s.

So I have the same experience as an 18 year old when it comes to dating.

Unfortunately, society is still ageist, despite all the other "ists" that have been made unacceptable.

According to the POF algorithm, I will not be allowed to even see 18-22 year olds, due to my "age" despite my mitigating circumstances.

This is completely wrong as I am in no position to "take advantage" of younger women, due to having no experience myself. Indeed, they have probably had more experience than I have.

Now obviously I can easily bypass this by putting a lower age and writing my real age in my profile, but it shouldn't be that way.

Indeed, I might as well go as far as saying that I identify as an 18 year old.
 spot4username
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 1/28/2019 8:32:00 AM
Sounds like you need therapy not dates.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 1/28/2019 9:07:55 AM

Indeed, I might as well go as far as saying that I identify as an 18 year old.
I identify as being 6'4" with a 12" schlong but haven't been able to get women to acknowledge that either.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 1/28/2019 9:20:58 AM
With what you have written on your profile either delete it or take your picture down. Asperger's doesn't mean shit with a profile like that
 jerseynative7
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 1/28/2019 2:22:20 PM

sex offender

Sounds like you were in jail for the last 10 years.
 whiterose0
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 2/2/2019 9:35:37 AM
Your profile says you are 25, so you are dishonest as well as an Aspie. I agree with spot in that you need therapy. You aren't in a position to be dating at this time.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 2/2/2019 9:52:35 AM
msg#5:
sex offender

Sounds like you were in jail for the last 10 years

No kidding.
Kinda Creepy~
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 2/3/2019 10:01:32 PM

According to the POF algorithm, I will not be allowed to even see 18-22 year olds, due to my "age" despite my mitigating circumstances.

You need to work on your mitigating circumstances. Your profile says "hiya ladies, hope you like my dna", and all your profile says is "Hi, I just like getting intimate with girls". That's your biggest fallout. You're about 30 years old. You shouldn't be put back by gals who are 24-27. There are plenty of girls who are 21-22 who are not any more "ripe" than gals 24-25. You're just frustrated by what POF (and seemingly Only POF) will limit. It's not like you would get that pick of the litter anyway. Again, fix your mitigating circumstances.

So I have the same experience as an 18 year old when it comes to dating.

Learning dating in general isn't difficult. An 18 year old can learn it. And many with little dating experience can when they're in observation mode when their peers are dating. That's how it was for me. When I belatedly walked into the dating scene, I didn't have the mindset of an 18 year old who was also air-headed, at 20.

Until you Want to know about it and to get a full grasp of how things roll, what to look out for, etc (it can be mildly entertaining in the process of learning) -- you're just wanting to sign yourself up as "just an 18 year old at heart" as an excuse to do what you want to do, but get results too. Your way is not fruitful.
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 2/4/2019 10:23:31 AM
you may identify as an 18 yr old's experience, but few 18 yr olds will be able to talk to you for hours on a phone with the subjects 18 yr olds girls talk about.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 2/5/2019 5:05:14 PM
I thought shortism was the last taboo.
 Inner_circle
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 2/11/2019 1:07:12 PM
It doesn't matter if you think you identify with younger women, years ago the site decided to stop allowing older people to chase the younger ones, as the younger ones attract new users and were being chased off of the site by oldies being pigs.

Your profile is horrible, and piggish- and is a good example of why these age restrictions went into place.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 2/11/2019 9:22:50 PM

I thought shortism was the last taboo.

Naw, I think it's the Smallest taboo, actually. ;)

It doesn't matter if you think you identify with younger women, years ago the site decided to stop allowing older people to chase the younger ones, as the younger ones attract new users and were being chased off of the site by oldies being pigs.

While his profile may be piggish -- a 29 year old mingling with a 21-22 year old gal doesn't involve any "oldie", nor would even a 49 year old mingling with a 21-22 year old gal be piggish in and of itself. If anything, on the stereotypical front, I would bet, is that a 21 year old college guy would be more apt to be piggish than a 29/39/49 year old guy when mingling with a gal.

It does refer to something odd, though. That if you're a significantly older guy in comparison to an adult gal, that you're piggish and crude if you at all aim to flirt with her. Like it's 'wrong' to be attracted to someone notably younger than oneself, as if you're a senior citizen salivating over junior-high yearbook photos.
 GodlessGal
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 2/12/2019 7:28:45 PM
Its painfully obvious you have spent far too much time on incel forums and convinced yourself you need to date a barely adult female to groom. The others are right, you DO need counseling, because what you have written here is so far off the wall I could write a chart about all the false presumptions it rests upon.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Ageism, the last taboo