Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Science with Philosophy-Intoxicating Brew or Savory Stew?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Science with Philosophy-Intoxicating Brew or Savory Stew?Page 1 of 1    
Living is a very scientific action- repeatable, valid replicating results! fertilization, gestation,if birth, existing in physical world, dying (animation ceases). Yet individual experience offers different philosophical approaches to such..
Simple Definition of philosophy:the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline. latin - (philo- thread- sophi- the sages) Ton of data related to these terms that seems to be absent- buried(on internet so u might be lost) My question is what "sage" do you "thread" through life that makes it yours?
 platitude545
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Science with Philosophy-Intoxicating Brew or Savory Stew?
Posted: 1/29/2019 9:13:22 AM
Isn't the simple answer in "solipsism". Everything else is guesswork and conjecture subject to our own realities.
 Inicia
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2019 10:22:47 AM
Thank you for your concise share! Glad solipsism works for your life- and conjecting-guessing for all else..
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2019 1:42:52 PM
I thought 'philo' meant 'love of'
And the 'sophia' part pertaining to wisdom.
Which makes philosophy---love of wisdom~

So I was confused about the 'thread' part of your inquiry.
 Inicia
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2019 5:22:30 PM
I know - very few real latin-greek-definitions available-i was finding several on "the love and wisdom" but the more obscure "thread of sages" seemed a salient usage. As applying/ finding wisdom in/for our lives. By indeed threading together the wisdom collected from previous sages/and self(current sage) and other (current sages)lol..
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Science with Philosophy-Intoxicating Brew or Savory Stew?