Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need some advice regarding my profile.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Write90
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Need some advice regarding my profile.Page 1 of 1    
Hi People!

I would like too ask for some advice , ive been on here for a couple of months and have messaged a lot of girls/women, few years younger up to my age, Yet i never get a reply , i try to bring up something interesting of their profile , when i first send the message, but that doesn't seem to help with a reply at all.

Ive been thinking , maybe theres something wrong with my profile, could i ask for some advice ?

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=185026825

Thanks
 jerseynative7
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Need some advice regarding my profile.
Posted: 2/2/2019 8:23:41 AM
Delete the main photo. Shirtless photos are a no-no and can get your profile deleted. The write up is ok but it feels forced. Like having a realtionship is a chore or a hassle for you. Expand on what you do for work. Smoking is a deal breaker for some women. Delete the 1st date stuff. Youre pouring it on too thick.
 Write90
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2019 4:34:11 PM
Thanks for the advice!

I re-cropped my main photo to show less of the no shirt photo :) If its still a no no il try and get a better one later today.

I added and changed some of the wording for the work so maybe its a bit better this time around. I had a look for smoking , but as far as i can see , you can only select , none smoker , occasional and often. So i feel if i ticked no , that will be a big lie :) The first date ive also completely changed.

I look forward to hearing how it comes across now :)

Thanks
 Inicia
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2019 7:30:43 PM
still a no! we don't want to see you looking like that before we have had at least coffee with you. Just take a selfie with clothes on if that can't be done remove it..
 Write90
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2019 1:00:36 AM
Ok thanks for the advice! Changed it and removed the old one :)

How does the profile come across now? I tried editing each paragraph a bit, As English isn't my first language , id appreciate some help if someone got something to say :)

Thanks
Rudi
 Inicia
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2019 7:11:14 PM
The new main picture much better!!
OK-these lines were flags-
1) "avoiding drama" (any woman may began feeling insecure about who she is with all the negative PR about Female drama) it is fine to say"I won't add any drama to your life" (in which you acknowledge that drama is not always one-sided and you do not enjoy it)
2) "what man doesn't enjoy sports" (many women may or may not like sports and while those who don't enjoy them can be ok if you do-they don't want to believe all men enjoy them or they are not men- therefore this comment may turn them off)
3) "if your still reading feel free to message me" (this insinuates you are not willing to put effort in)

On a side note. Not real sure about the picture of you with the safety goggles.. The dark one with the goose?? is ok it is cute -but the quality isn't great-if you get another pic with an animal would behoove you. looking good ! Good luck!
 mike0544
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 5:25:46 AM
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 7:15:13 PM
Are you clean shaven or bearded now?
Many people don't want to date people who are regular smokers.
Your profile is boring......Sorry.
 whiterose0
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/11/2019 2:31:06 PM
I'd take out the last pic of you with the hottie. He takes attention away from you. You should be the focal point, since this is YOUR profile - unless a gal gets to go on the date with BOTH of you.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need some advice regarding my profile.