Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Asking for sex? Nudes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShumbaHadzi
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?Page 1 of 1    
I've been on POF for a couple of months now. Wow. I have not had any luck. I had several men reach out or respond to me contacting them but, sadly, all they seem to want is sex or nude photos. I do NOT give off the vibe that I am looking for either but that's what I've been getting. One guy even told me about all his fetishes -- I don't judge but I also don't want to hear about anything like that unless and until I am in a relationship. He also send me photos of his private parts.

Is this what this site is all about? Am I missing something? I have been out of the dating loop for years and I'm wondering if this is a new trend?

What has your experience been? I'd love to hear from the women and they guys on this!
 feirene
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/4/2019 3:15:28 AM
Are you going off the site to chat? If not you can report people who send rude pics.

Tends to be a lot of people do want sex talk, pic trades, hookups, and have no intention of dating. I would look into more niche sites if you've no interest in the above .

Your profile doesn't give out that vibe either it is just a lot of men don't care what women want and seem to enjoy shoving unwanted sexual things at other people without their consent.
 hemingway234
Msg: 3
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/4/2019 4:30:44 AM
That's probably why those guys are single. Women today prefer gentlemen. There are a lot of undesirables on dating sites.

But keep in mind you only need to find one good one. Forget about all the losers.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/4/2019 6:24:18 AM
I haven't had that problem. Maybe New York has more loonies? I have been asked twice by men I had not met for my email address and I declined as it contains my full name.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/4/2019 7:31:18 AM
Op says

Is this what this site is all about?

This is a free site.......... and it will draw in all unsavory types (both male & female)... real and fake.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/4/2019 10:37:50 AM

I have not had any luck.

Welcome to GuyWorld.

Is this what this site is all about?

For some, yes.

What has your experience been?

I have never sent anyone photos of my private parts.
I have no photos of my private parts.
Every photo I have ever sent was in fully clothed appearance.

I have been out of the dating loop for years and I'm wondering if this is a new trend?

The majority of these types started out on Craigslist years ago.
And their antics drove most real women off of Craigslist, which left mostly fake women's profiles there.
So the lowlife men sought out new venues.
And then last year Craigslist eliminated their personals section completely, for legal purposes.

Women today prefer gentlemen.

Or so they might claim.
I'm not seeing a lot of it myself.
What did they prefer on prior days?
 ShumbaHadzi
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/4/2019 6:06:13 PM
It's very disheartening and makes me want to get off dating sites for good. Problem is, I don't go to bars and there aren't any places around here to meet people. I truly feel like I am going to be alone forever.

I'm thinking these males come to dating sites like this thinking that women are so desperate that they will have sex with anyone just because they are desperate. I even had one guy ask me if I ever "fooled around" in the snow when I mentioned that I love snow. I immediately cut him off and deleted him.

Let's not even start on the Catfish! LOL!!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/4/2019 7:50:56 PM
If you came on here with some idea of actually meeting somebody worthwhile, you're getting a rude awakening.

Far cry from these hearts and flowers tv commercials that claim success-Isn't it?
Choices? Very few. I'm not a big barfly myself. A few will recommend Meet-Up. I found out that was a washout, in my area. Some of them, are for Gay women. Some talk politics. I'm not into creative writing, bible studies, or abstract art.

Self preservation made me abandon dating altogether. I just come in here to do forums. I looked into the numbers. There's eight men to one woman, on this site.

I decided to find things to occupy my time, and forget dating.
 oldwxman
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/5/2019 6:20:38 AM
I'll give it to you straight because I do think that you can vastly improve your situation.

First the positive. If I were in the market, I'd be mighty tempted. I prefer girls with glasses; I like tigers and, as you can see, I adore cats. Unfortunately, that's where it ends.

The text part of your profile screams "pump and dump". Even if a man doesn't completely realize it, you are pushing the same emotional buttons as the hundreds of thousands of vapid sluts on the site. Many of these men are inclined to treat you that way. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to humanize yourself.

To give you a for instance where you say, "Is anyone for real on here??? Any real men looking for a real woman?" is infuriating. Half of us would send you a naked selfie out of pure spite. The rest of your text isn't much better. You demand too much and appear to be difficult to please.

See, a man's profile works best when it communicates what he thinks and does. A woman's profile works best when it communicates who she is and what she feels. If you can portray yourself as warm, open and just a bit vulnerable then the offensive communication will go way, way down. Push the "ah, dear thing" buttons instead of the "typical skank" buttons and men will react to you very differently.
 spot4username
Msg: 10
view profile
History
If it pleases the court - Exhibit A
Posted: 2/5/2019 6:36:59 AM

Half of us would send you a naked selfie out of pure spite.

Really? Half of the men on this site? Half of them men in the OLD universe? Out of spite?

Cite your sources.

Only a mentally unfit person would choose to sexually harass a complete stranger because of words on a profile.
 Inicia
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2019 7:58:02 AM
^^ Thank you Spots! I too was very surprised at that advice- besides "slut" is over! If it is still part of one's active vocabulary-that gives me pause...
 hemingway234
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/5/2019 11:09:59 AM

I even had one guy ask me if I ever "fooled around" in the snow when I mentioned that I love snow. I immediately cut him off and deleted him.

- lol. desperate much?!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2019 11:37:02 AM
There are a lot of nice people on this site...look at some of
the people that regularly post on the forums.

There are also a lot of weirdos because it's free, people have
free wifi and lots of time.

The trick is to not take it personally when someone here offends
you. Block them, delete them, ignore them...just like you might do
in real life.

I've never received a rude message or been sent nudes.
I'm not sure if I should be happy or offended.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/5/2019 5:23:41 PM
Ok OP, Let's start with your profile. It's not bad, but it's not good either.
An online dating site, is simply a mechanism, to be used by, "The seller", to be seen by the "Buyer". (Figuratively speaking only, I do not mean this in reality)
Your pictures, are seen, by the viewer, in thumbnail size, (Could be a child's thumbnail, LOL)
You have approx 8 secs max. to catch his interest.
Use pictures to your advantage.
Use a fun question for your heading.
(For example, view my profile)
YOU must be appealing to your audience.
Use the "Interests," section to your advantage.
In "About me" be descriptive, of who you are and who you seek.
Be positive only, (No negativity allowed)

LOL, My experience has been on and off of POF, and other OLD sites, since 2010. I learned along the way, to be true to myself, keep a sense of humor, remain firm in my intentions, and nothing was real until I met a man face to face. Use the "delete" button, sooner than later and if at anytime you become uncomfortable with the topic in a message, request him to cease...............if not ........."Block" is your friend.
Late last year I ended a 4 year relationship from OLD, and recently I was contacted by a very fascinating gentleman, who is keeping me quite busy. (The man with the JEEP)
I have few,............ to no, complaints about using an OLD site such as POF. Oh, and I agree with Ms. Boo!
I wish you the best!
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2019 8:12:01 AM

To give you a for instance where you say, "Is anyone for real on here??? Any real men looking for a real woman?" is infuriating.

I don't know that it would be infuriating but certainly insulting. I don't imagine that anyone, male or females thinks of themselves as 'not real'.
Brown Eyes.....lol. Me neither. Should we be offended? Nah.
 hemingway234
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/6/2019 8:31:09 AM
Great advice from Ladyinred0407 and SurelyIamShirley. If you ladies keep giving advice, I'm going to have nothing to talk about here, so just stop it!!
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2019 2:30:32 PM
I hate, hate, hate when people blame POF being free as the excuse for bad behavior. It's a myth. Most of the guys on POF are also on the paid sites. If their behavior is bad here, I can assure you it's just as bad there. Before deleting the losers that send unwanted nudes, report them.

Take advice from Boo, Red and Shirley. Create a better profile. Put up better pictures. Talk about what you're interested in and what you want.
 ShumbaHadzi
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 7:47:55 PM
Would some of you please look at my profile and tell me what you would change? I'm talking about the written Part. I'm not going to change the photos but I may add some if I take any new ones. And the big cats are part of me so they stay.
Thank you 🦁😊
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 2/8/2019 4:33:21 AM

I even had one guy ask me if I ever "fooled around" in the snow when I mentioned that I love snow.

Luck favors the bold. Guys who go for it with innuendo are more likely to spark interest than those who behave like "gentlemen". Many gals would reply to the snow remark with "LOL! Can't say I have". If the same guy had asked about something on your interest list, you would probably have deleted the message and not be interested in the boring "nice guy".

As to the "half the guys would send nudes" false claim, the remark is from a pervert who says children should be forced to see adults perform lewd sex acts in public.

One reason the OP might be encountering sickos is she looks for cat people, and people with cats in their main image are more likely to be ****ed in the head.
 oldwxman
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 5:02:37 AM

Would some of you please look at my profile and tell me what you would change? I'm talking about the written Part. I'm not going to change the photos but I may add some if I take any new ones. And the big cats are part of me so they stay.

Ahh, Jeez! Here I go again. I guess, I'll do just about anything for a cat lover with glasses. Anyways...

Rather than talking about changes, I'll start with what to keep. Dump the rest.

I enjoy a Saturday morning/afternoon out and about. I enjoy Manhattan and all it has to offer. I enjoy photography. I love the cold weather.

That's really it but it is very, very good. Use this line as a cookie cutter for the rest of your profile. Remember, who you are and what you feel in everything. This line does both splendidly. Be only positive.

The Conversation Starters section is a total loss. Leave it blank.

Resist the temptation to ask anything of the reader. Any way you word it, it will sound negative. This doesn't mean lower your standards. I suggest keeping a little check list beside your computer. Screen men with your inbox. If a man doesn't tick the boxes then don't reply. Hey this guy is 5'6. No shrimps. Block/Delete... Next!

I think it will surprise you. You'll get a lot fewer naked pictures.
 cooldog65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 9:43:18 AM

There are also a lot of weirdos

Like me...

Late last year I ended a 4 year relationship from OLD, and recently I was contacted by a very fascinating gentleman, who is keeping me quite busy. (The man with the JEEP)

I'm shocked and surprised at the same time.
 ShumbaHadzi
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 2:14:27 PM

- lol. desperate much?!

LOL!! Seriously!
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 7:40:33 AM

Would some of you please look at my profile and tell me what you would change?

I think the "Catfish need not apply" could be considered an invitation by said catfish. Otherwise, short and choppy sentences but I don't really see anything wrong with it. I have a height preference too but am not too sure about it. Maybe better not to mention it but I'll give it some thought. I think too, you are probably more attractive that your pictures depict you. For several reviews, you might consider posting a thread in 'Profile Reviews'.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Asking for sex? Nudes?