Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 w322x
Msg: 1
Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I don't know what's making the women on here uglier, the filters that make them look like puppies, or the beauty filters that make their faces look like someone splattered a pound of peanut butter on it then stenciled Tamme Fae Bakker's face over it. What's wrong with showing us how you really look like. And I don't mean the 18 - 21 year olds, I'm talking about the 45 - 55 year old women using those stupid filters. Great on instagram and facebook, but to use as your primary photo on the dating site with the intent to attract men, sorry ladies, it's making us click NEXT!
 Tech30
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.
Posted: 2/6/2019 7:18:43 AM
Ya its strange how women love these idiotic filters. Instagram is full of them, facebook is full of them. They started popping up like crazy on POF shortly before i met my SO and stopped using the site for dating.

Its weird, but women will keep doing it no matter what you tell them.
Posted: 2/6/2019 8:23:26 AM
It's so very simple ... if one person is into something (e.g. filters), but the other is vehemently not, you are probably not compatible.

Congratulations for figuring this out and moving on to another profile. Nobody cares what you think about their pic.

Of course, this is just another crybaby rant about "Women won't Behave the Way I Want."

Its weird, but women will keep doing it no matter what you tell them.

Yep.

P.S. Style tip - lose the elastic waist mom jean pull-on bermuda shorts. Not doing you any favours.

The fanny pack isn't helping either.

And Fishy, I agree about the shorts. They look like boxer shorts.

I'm thinking the 1980s called ...
 whiterose0
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/6/2019 8:33:38 AM

I don't know what's making the women on here uglier, the filters that make them look like puppies, or the beauty filters that make their faces look like someone splattered a pound of peanut butter on it then stenciled Tamme Fae Bakker's face over it. What's wrong with showing us how you really look like. And I don't mean the 18 - 21 year olds, I'm talking about the 45 - 55 year old women using those stupid filters. Great on instagram and facebook, but to use as your primary photo on the dating site with the intent to attract men, sorry ladies, it's making us click NEXT!

Geez, couldn't you just give them a rating of 2 out of 10? Less dehumanizing that way, don'tcha think?

And Fishy, I agree about the shorts. They look like boxer shorts.
 spot4username
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Is this what happened when The Children of the Corn got old?
Posted: 2/6/2019 9:32:29 AM
And just like that another irony meter is broken.
 whiterose0
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/6/2019 9:47:50 AM
And another one bites the corn ... er, dust.
 dinno76
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/6/2019 1:30:59 PM
Same reason they wear tons of makeup. They know that if we knew what they really look like that we would not want to date them. I have heard stories of men divorcing their wives right after the wedding because they finally saw them without makeup. They didn't recognize the ladies they married.
 Tech30
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2019 1:40:50 PM
I love how the triggered woman brigade showed up . Most likely holding their cat hostage to stroke its fur while they sip their tea and "clap back" at a man for expressing an opinion.

"Same reason they wear tons of makeup. They know that if we knew what they really look like that we would not want to date them."

This is exactly it. Women are very insecure about their looks. They use picture techniques to hide their flaws and hope no one notices.

Thats w hat the filters are. Just like when women discovered high angle shots to hide their big belly and double chin. The filters are just the latest "hide the truth" for women.

I have seen girls take selfies and then in seconds make themselves look skinnier with a few swipes of their fingers with some app and then post it.

Then they get mad when you dont want to see them again because they lied about their weight.

Good luck men!
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2019 1:58:29 PM
Hate to break it to ya, but men use use those silly filters too. I just giggle. There are men and women that lie about what they look like, who they are and what they want.
 daynadaze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2019 2:01:11 PM
The whine patrol is out to bash the women LOL. Come on, these women like the filters or heavy make up, whatever, move on these women are not a match for you. Why in the world would you post this kind of stuff? It only shows insecurity.
 whiterose0
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/6/2019 2:02:54 PM

This is exactly it. Women are very insecure about their looks. They use picture techniques to hide their flaws and hope no one notices.

Women don't have the monopoly on insecurity about their looks. Many men post blurry or outdated pictures of themselves when they had more hair on their heads or were forty pounds lighter. That's just as dishonest as using a beauty app or picture technique.
 Inicia
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2019 7:03:52 PM
And the OP is just fabulous - OMG the profile pic is making my mouth water- oh the beauty oooooh I can't contain myself I have jump through the internet right now!!!
 feirene
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 2:00:44 AM
I have heard stories of men divorcing their wives right after the wedding because they finally saw them without makeup.

Why on earth would someone legally tie themselves to another person based on something so shallow?
Posted: 2/7/2019 3:50:45 AM

Why on earth would someone legally tie themselves to another person based on something so shallow?

Same reason some of these guys use a rating scale for women. They don't like women very much and see them as nothing but a sexual commodity. Jeeze, some women sure get offended over some guy making a post about some woman being ugly, but will give a pass to the same guy if he just put her on his number scale. Ironic, eh?
 daynadaze
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 4:05:53 AM
That is pretty sad that there really are people who do that, give someone a pass.
Posted: 2/7/2019 4:28:00 AM

That is pretty sad that there really are people who do that, give someone a pass.

I'm quite sure lots of people do give others a pass. Just NOT when they try to justify their bad behavior. When they start to show some insight, that is when passes are usually given.
 hemingway234
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/7/2019 7:34:34 AM
Speaking of numbers, the German judge gave this thread a 5.5
 whiterose0
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/7/2019 7:50:34 AM

Jeeze, some women sure get offended over some guy making a post about some woman being ugly, but will give a pass to the same guy if he just put her on his number scale. Ironic, eh?

Who said anything about giving him a free pass? I was being factitious. Dude was a jackass, whether he described her as ugly or a 2, especially since he was no looker himself.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 8:40:38 AM
If a man is not "Ken" what makes him think he can get "Barbie" & vice versa?

If a man or woman does not like filters, etc. DATE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN REAL LIFE.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 8:53:57 AM
on the one hand, yes, its annoying to get a faked photo, and its odd for an adult to do something a child does...but on the other hand, some people know the best way to get an interview is to fudge the resume, and then they have a chance to sell themselves. ultimately, if one doesn't like the photo they see on a profile, move along. the problem for many is that OLD is their last chance after all else has failed, and so they take it very seriously.
 backcreek7
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 10:26:36 AM
... I actually feel sorry at times, for both men and women who are " very good looking " or " beautiful ". Seems to me they attract the wrong kind of people, all through their lives. And although this is not always the case, it seems to ring true for many. If one " thinks " the mirage of outside beauty can some how equate to a great or " exciting " possible relationship, I have news for them.

... Being beautiful / extremely handsome ~ doesn't mean the person on the inside is such. In fact, in my experience here on earth, it is often the opposite - the better someone looks, the harder time they seem to have finding a worthy significant other.

... I hope that " true companion " will not mind me making a comment concerning her obvious beauty ~ Although she is strikingly beautiful, I think she does not let it get into her head. I wonder though, has she often encountered the type of men I speak of ? Ones who get all hot and bothered by a females looks, but don't have half a brain or know how to really relate & care for someone ? AND, I hope this is OK to say > her extra fine intellect, far out shadows her outside appearance. This is a tremendous complement of her soul ( the only REAL thing that matters) which lies within ...

... heart / sun ...
 Inicia
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 11:30:20 AM
I had the most wonderful (kind, friendly funny, warm, considerate) supervisor while working-happily married for over 10yrs -curvy with beautiful long blond hair. After being diagnosed with breast cancer-had a double mastectomy and chemo- and because of these "physical superficial" changes (spouse) wanted and proceeded with a divorce-during the treatment not after..
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 12:27:23 PM

... I actually feel sorry at times, for both men and women who are " very good looking " or " beautiful ". Seems to me they attract the wrong kind of people, all through their lives. And although this is not always the case, it seems to ring true for many. If one " thinks " the mirage of outside beauty can some how equate to a great or " exciting " possible relationship, I have news for them.

... Being beautiful / extremely handsome ~ doesn't mean the person on the inside is such. In fact, in my experience here on earth, it is often the opposite - the better someone looks, the harder time they seem to have finding a worthy significant other.

... I hope that " true companion " will not mind me making a comment concerning her obvious beauty ~ Although she is strikingly beautiful, I think she does not let it get into her head. I wonder though, has she often encountered the type of men I speak of ? Ones who get all hot and bothered by a females looks, but don't have half a brain or know how to really relate & care for someone ? AND, I hope this is OK to say > her extra fine intellect, far out shadows her outside appearance. This is a tremendous complement of her soul ( the only REAL thing that matters) which lies within ...

When ppl are young/very young, their attractiveness is not so outstanding, bec. mere youth in of itself is attractive. In other words, even a "plain" person is attractive when young, bec. of their youthful vitality, albeit some a little bit more than others.

I think O Henry in here once summed up about aging, women & attractiveness. He said the older ppl got, the less in amount of above avg. single ppl remained (paraphrasing)

I was married & a mom & got pudgy for years, lost some weight around 2011 & was treated very differently at that point.

Yes all types of men, particularly pigs, pervs, etc. do all kinds of things & the women in their peer group can be equally vicious.

I've known women (sadly) in my old area in NY who would boast about how they were happily married & what great husbands/fiancees/Bfs they had. Little did they know their darling husbands propositioned me & I am sure other women. Or men in LTRS, dating, engaged, living w/ a woman, even female friends of mine & the man emails me & I am sure others behind the woman's back. And I have to add I have seen some women engage in the same behaviors, chronic cheaters.

Why do they do it? Because they can!

There was an old time forumite from maybe 2005, Buddies 4 Real I used to email back in the day (he was Canadian) we had some real good convos about looks being a curse at times. If you look good ppl expect u to have Barbie or Ken on ur arm, when you really like Chatty Cathy or GI Joe. About other ppl's insecurities etc. Damned if u do damned if u don't.

I used to be a way nicer person when I was heavier bec. I didn't have to deal w/ jealousy or Larry the Lounge Lizard.

B4 I met my current partner, I was often home w/ my kids or cats & ppl assumed I had dates, BFs etc. when I was lonely or just tired of BS, posturing & posing.

I admit now I have a mean streak, sorry it's just self defense ppl have no clue what goes on behind the scenes, or maybe they do.

I will stick to anyone who has stuck it to me, tired of the games, this is online & IRL.

Backcreek, I used to be the person you describe, sadly I lost her when I lost the poundage, but at least I have better health now.

I had the most wonderful (kind, friendly funny, warm, considerate) supervisor while working-happily married for over 10yrs -curvy with beautiful long blond hair. After being diagnosed with breast cancer-had a double mastectomy and chemo- and because of these "physical superficial" changes (spouse) wanted and proceeded with a divorce-during the treatment not after..

THIS IS TRAGIC- I can't even say enough about it. I bet your friend can do better the next time around, even if she had no re-construction done on her breasts.
I have a friend- very good looking- also blonde, she uses wigs 24/7 bec. even after her chemo her hair never grew back properly. Her husband is a very good, smart man who loves her for who she is not just how she looks. Her whole family is just happy she beat cancer, period.

She also lost weight during chemo & when her cancer was eradicated she bought some new clothes & a red lipstick & went to church w/ her husband in a pretty (2nd hand on Ebay) dress w/ red lipstik & her blonde wig.

The witches AT CHURCH knew all that happened & still snarked, one said the dress was too sexy!
 Inner_circle
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 12:52:08 PM
I am a fan of, if I don't like what I see on a profile, I move on to the ones I do like. I don't understand why anyone would spend anytime thinking about a profile they didn't enjoy looking at.
 whiterose0
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/7/2019 9:31:30 PM
Somehow, I've been reminded of Amy Schumer's character in the movie, "I Feel Pretty".
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.