Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do some women want to talk on the phone while driving their car?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hemingway234
Msg: 1
Why do some women want to talk on the phone while driving their car?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Why do some women want to talk on the phone while driving their car?

When online dating, I usually talk to a woman on the phone before meeting. Most talk to me from their home.

However, I've had a few women (very few) want to talk to me from their car.... and often when they are on their way home from work.

I'm wondering why? I know that one I talked to was separated but still living with hubby! (I know this because she was an old acquaintance)

I suspect they are married, separated (which means still married)...........at any rate, I think they have a husband or boyfriend at home, and obviously don't want him to hear the conversation. And I'm betting some of these women are trying to cheat. What do you say?
 spot4username
Msg: 2
view profile
History
So they can announce when they have reached their destination and ring off.
Posted: 2/8/2019 8:11:24 AM
I say they do it because they want to/can. Same reason a man would do it. To think something like this is gender specific is ignorant.

Some people look for issues everywhere. Sounds exhausting.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
So they can announce when they have reached their destination and ring off.
Posted: 2/8/2019 8:14:22 AM
Geez, I talk on my phone in my car all the time.
It's sometimes the best time...sitting in traffic, nothing to do.
Probably different if you have to hold your phone, but I don't.
I don't see the big deal?

Yeah, I'm with Ms. Spot...it does sound exhausting.
 whiterose0
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/8/2019 8:19:00 AM
I think you're reading too much into this. Since they can't talk at work, they wait until after work when no one can eavesdrop on their conversations. On the way home in the car is a perfect time to talk.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 8:28:35 AM
OP asked:

I'm not sure about the cheating part, or being married or whatever, but isn't 'talking on your phone while driving' against the law in most states, and even if 'hands free' a distraction from the task at hand, ie. driving a car?

Especially if one is talking to a potential lover?
 Spectrallight
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 9:25:26 AM
If you were to answer the question if a women asked it. What would you say to her OP?
 jerseynative7
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 10:09:54 AM
They want to talk in the car because theyre alone and not at home with their boyfriend or spouse. Same applies to men. I dated someone once that did this and I asked a male friend of mine about it. This is exactly what he told me.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 10:21:59 AM
using your phone while driving is cheating? when I ran my business, I always called while driving to and from jobs as it saved me time. couple hours a day driving so saved a couple hours at work or home. even 35+ years ago when cell phone rates were outrageous, it was well worth the time it saved me.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 12:23:11 PM
I dated a gal for some time that has AD/HD, and pretty much always HAD to be doing something else while talking on the phone.

She wasn't cheating or hiding anything from her kids or spouse - she lived alone in a tiny studio apartment, no kids.

We lived about an hours' drive apart. What I never could understand was that she would constantly call and talk while she was driving errands around town - and I had to listen to her blurt out curses at other drivers -- but would NEVER talk when she got on the highway for that long drive to see me. Eventually, I realized it was probably because she was ashamed. She was absolutely miserable about keeping time, and didn't want to admit she had not even left her place until five minutes before she was supposed to arrive here. When the winter weather got bad, it made me lose patience because I never got a call explaining where she was at - only a call when she arrived in town. Sometimes two hours later.

I agree calling on the road can guarantee some privacy, but that's about it. Their focus should be on the road, which means talking to you is NOT a priority. Women that do that kind of crap are going to get treated back with an equal measure of indifference -- and they deserve it.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 4:27:33 PM
Because they don't know any better.

This time of year, I watch for those on phones while driving behind me. It's such fun to lead them into hitting a big pothole at speed. They drop their phone, spill their coffee, and start looking for a front end alignment shop.

They deserve it.
 backcreek7
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 5:44:18 PM

some women want to talk on the phone while driving

^^^ & men as well ^^^

^^^ Indeed they do, especially since backcreeks law # 7 has recently been enacted in the states. If anyone is caught texting while driving ~ 1st offense 500$ fine & 5 points against license- 2nd offense 5000 $ fine, license revoked 3 years , 14 days in jail . All monies going to the FFCRF ( Fund F*ucking China Repayment Fund )

... 3rd offense > death by cell phone charging cord ( < just kidding, col )

... Even if someone would prefer to text from the car , law #7 < gonna be starin' at um' thru the windshield . China will be happy & re-invest in more stateside Walmarts .

... I LOVE Walmart, & have often considered living there, lol .
... ^^ ( Hmmm ? I might have something there, col )

... heart / love Walmart / sun
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/9/2019 1:25:01 AM
Is chatting on the phone too distracting whilst driving?
For some, possibly.
Having kids in the car can be super distracting, requires focus.
If I’m on my phone in the car and I suddenly stop listening/talking it’s because I’m paying more attention to what’s going on around me.
Those people who are arguing on the phone, I saw a women the other day who was so worked up it looked like she was having a seizure, they crack me up. She certainly couldn’t be fully focused on the driving.
 ssm508
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 12:03:10 PM
It just might be the most convenient time for some people. Maybe after work, they are going to the gym or out to dinner with friends. Or when they get home from work, they are cooking dinner or are busy with other things around the house. People shouldn't assume someone is married or in a relationship simply based on conversation habits.

Yes talking on the phone while driving can be a distraction for some people. But texting while driving in general is far more dangerous.
 MsMicki
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 1:36:50 PM
why is talking a phone considered a distraction....but talking to someone that is sitting beside you or behind you not???

I talk on the phone on my way home from work all the time...as SSM says....once I get home I have things to do!!
and not one of them involves another man!!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 1:37:40 PM
msg#11:
I LOVE Walmart, & have often considered living there, lol .
... ^^ ( Hmmm ? I might have something there, col )

It's IKEA for me~
Love the little 'room vignettes'---just want to curl up on a couch or stretch out on a bed with a book, or sit at a kitchen table drinking tea while 'customers' file by (and look at my situation with eyes of envy)

(Smile)
Posted: 2/9/2019 2:10:17 PM

why is talking a phone considered a distraction....but talking to someone that is sitting beside you or behind you not???
Here in good old Ontario, first offence driving while talking on your phone or texting is automatic 3 day suspension and $1000.00 fine. Yet if you have blue tooth you can chat till your hearts content. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Personally, either way, I find it distracting.

I LOVE Walmart, & have often considered living there,

You guys have way better stores than we do in Canada. What I wouldn't do for a Hobby Lobby here!
 curvylady1965
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 3:58:02 PM
I have to look up Hobby Lobby. I've never been to one. I love the Ikea catalogue. The store can easily suck away a day of shopping for nothing in particular.
Re: people cheating, plenty do it. If I had a dime for each time I have been approached by someone, I would have quite a few dimes. However, talking on the phone in the vehicle on the way home can easily be about many other logical things. I never like to chat on the phone while at home. I have 8 animals. A few of them view the phone as the enemy that steals attention away from them and will carry out a lot of antics to get my attention back. And the birds view it as competition or something because as soon as I attempt to speak to anyone, it's full on tweet fest for them and there truly is no use trying to talk.
 backcreek7
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 5:06:17 PM

We " three " will sit at a kitchen table drinking tea while, the obviously envious customers file by

^ You got that pegged Cly ! Seriously - I'm gonna write China and ask them to put an IKEA & HOBBY LOBBY in my Walmart here. No big D, we'll just add the cost to our deficit, WTF is another million or three ? And our fellow walmartians won't mind , we're out of this world > easy to get along with .

... I've got an idea here ! How bout ME & YOU & STS wearing tags that say ... > ROBOT < ... Then we can sort of robotwalk over to our fav locations, in cognito ! What do you think ? SMART right ? !!

... Ahhhh, what a life !!! ( smile ) !!!

heart / walk like a robot / sun
 MsMicki
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 12:15:59 PM

I have to look up Hobby Lobby. I've never been to one. I love the Ikea catalogue. The store can easily suck away a day of shopping for nothing in particular.

Every time I go to Hobby Lobby I tell my Sister if she hasn't heard from me in an hour....to come drag my ass out of there!!

as for talking while driving....if I'm in a city....I agree, too distracting.
But for my normal drive home from work which is about 12 miles of country roads ... not an issue.
 forumfairy
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 2:22:19 PM

I've got an idea here ! How bout ME & YOU & STS wearing tags that say ... > ROBOT < ... Then we can sort of robotwalk over to our fav locations, in cognito ! What do you think ? SMART right ? !

Can I invite myself to tag along? it would be an honor to buy everyone dinner after shopping.

Ahhhh, what a life !!!

Yes it is!
 backcreek7
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 6:05:32 PM

invite myself to tag along?

^^^ F*uck yeah brother ! I got an extra tag with YOUR name smack on the front of it !! < ( robot # 4 )

& ps ?? In order that we 4 can eat " the very kind of you dinner " each one of us needs to create a distraction ( like all 4 of us at once, pointing at something ) When the walmartians all look over to see what it is, we very quickly wolf our food down ( after all, robots don't normally eat )

... That way, we won't be discovered to be ~ who we're not, col ...

... heart / robot # 4 / sun ...
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 6:50:14 PM

I talk on the phone on my way home from work all the time...as SSM says....once I get home I have things to do!!
and not one of them involves another man!!

Ditto and hands free is fine in Ontario.
 Inner_circle
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 12:45:32 PM
If my phone rings while I'm driving have the option of answering it via Bluetooth, completely hands free.

I dont think I have ever asked someone to call me when I know I will be driving, but doing so is not an indication of staying faithful or not in my opinion.

I would only be suspicious of someone if the only time someone was willing to speak to me, is when thy were alone or not at home.
 julystorm22
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2019 9:22:54 AM
I have some of my best conversations in the car driving home from work. And its the only time before 930pm at night I have to talk with someone privately as from the time I pick up my kids from daycare to the time they go to bed I am busy.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 9:02:42 AM
I admit I don't talk on the phone. I hate multi-tasking. If I'm focused on driving or doing something else, the sound of a call or text will make me jump out of my skin (thanks ADHD!) I put my phone on "do not disturb." No one can call or text me when I do that.
If I have to make a call I pull over. My phone is more of a camera and e-reader.

The reason why I figure most people talk on the phone is to get more done in less time. If a person has a long commute or drive somewhere, they can get a whole lot of calls made.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do some women want to talk on the phone while driving their car?