Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Is it just something that seems to be more prevalent in us older more mature crowd? I come across a lot of profiles where the women is directly saying she wants a man taller than her by a significant amount (ie. if you're average white Australian height of about 170 cm she wants a guy 180 cm or taller).

Just wondering as it's a common sub-theme for rejections and non-interest.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 2/8/2019 4:46:49 PM
had to convert, 170 is just under 5'7'. same as me. 180 is just under 5'11''. I see many stating over 5'10" or 6' (183 cm). one of the first things I check is height. I prefer my dates be shorter than me and a good portion of shorter women want much taller. even the short girls don't want us!
Posted: 2/8/2019 5:00:51 PM
Seriously? Has this not been done to death? We have done this several times and it has been determined that women don't like short men. There I just saved you ten or so pages of bullchit.

How about, do women like men with zits and bad breath? or just zits? Do women like men who constantly complain that they are short and no women want them? Better yet, Do women even like men at all? I have given you a few ideas, please feel free to pick one of those or come up with something original of your own.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 5:10:59 PM
women don't like short men , I get it!!! why so rude? he posted it (without your approval) and I responded. maybe just don't read it? how about 'men don't like self centered women'? how would that rate on a scale 1-10?
Posted: 2/8/2019 5:29:04 PM

women don't like short men , I get it!!! why so rude? he posted it (without your approval) and I responded. maybe just don't read it? how about 'men don't like self centered women'? how would that rate on a scale 1-10?

That would rate quite well on a scale of 1-10. It would also be a lot more interesting and a more original topic. BTW, You seem angry tonight. You know, You really shouldn't let random women on the internet get under your skin, it's stress inducing and might just cause a heart attack.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2019 8:40:19 PM

it's stress inducing and might just cause a heart attack.
that would be tragic. my meds are on the top shelf of medicine cabinet and I am too short to reach them. I did notice an unopened tube of wrinkle cream on the bottom shelf, I could send it to you next time I have a guest tall enough to reach the mailbox.
 zonavar68
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 1:04:49 AM
I can only presume it's an 'alpha' thing where women want taller men because of the natural desire for 'better breeding' not to mention the perception of taller means better attributes a-la-romance.

It's a bit off-putting though to find it a common theme in profiles, and particularly in profiles of women who are of the more attractive kind.

I guess it can be used by women as a simple 'pre-filter' like culling of job applicants. ;-)
 spot4username
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 4:30:15 AM

that would be tragic. my meds are on the top shelf of medicine cabinet and I am too short to reach them

I would guess this could possibly be one of the drawbacks of having a short man for a partner. Not only would you have to reach everything on the top shelves for him, he might drop dead from not being able to reach his meds. Who wants to be a widow by 50, not me.

I did notice an unopened tube of wrinkle cream on the bottom shelf, I could send it to you next time I have a guest tall enough to reach the mailbox.
Seriously, if you really mean it though, as long as its the expensive stuff, I will send you my address. That shiat is expensive here. And here I thought you were just another angry guy.
I
 Spectrallight
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 8:09:15 AM

I can only presume it's an 'alpha' thing where women want taller men because of the natural desire for 'better breeding' not to mention the perception of taller means better attributes a-la-romance.

Most dangerous and alpha men I've come across averaged 5ft 5. A bit more to being Alpha than height lmao.

It's a bit off-putting though to find it a common theme in profiles, and particularly in profiles of women who are of the more attractive kind.

What you think is attractive may not be to others.

I guess it can be used by women as a simple 'pre-filter' like culling of job applicants. ;-)

Yes, It also works for me because there is nothing less attractive than a thin woman that is 6ft+ tall and lanky. Don't do it for me.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 8:32:02 AM
msg#9:
I did notice an unopened tube of wrinkle cream on the bottom shelf, I could send it to you next time I have a guest tall enough to reach the mailbox.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Seriously, if you really mean it though, as long as its the expensive stuff, I will send you my address. That shiat is expensive here. And here I thought you were just another angry guy.

Send some this way, too 'not another angry guy'~
Those anti-aging lotions and potions are very pricey.

As the Lovely Dolly Parton is known to say---It takes a lot of time and money to look this trashy!
(Not that any of us posting here are 'trashy', nor Dolly either. Love her!)
hahahahaha
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 8:52:24 AM

And here I thought you were just another angry guy.
not really, just answering a post. while it may of been talked to death already, I haven't seen it since I was here. I assume the o.p. hasn't either. I never thought of 5'7" being an issue, or at least never dwelled on it but sure, I have noticed women like taller men. how many posts from women about being judged on weight? then complain they only get messages from short guys! I was offering help, not condemning him or insulting ALL short men. how tall do we need to be to post here?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 9:56:10 AM
On the plus side, shorter people (men or women) live longer.

Men generally prefer younger women, women generally prefer taller men.

Not sure why people prefer who they prefer is important. I can see reasons why a significant percentage of women prefer taller men, some are valid reasons, some are poor assumptions from the distant past.

Spend more time on finding the right pool of women to date from and less on you can't change.
 hemingway234
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/9/2019 10:26:47 AM
On dating sites, men's height seems to be the number one requirement for women.

However, that's not necessarily true offline - in a group, class, or at work, anywhere you could meet women periodically so they could get to know you and develop a crush on you - if a woman does develop a crush on you, she'll overlook your height.
Posted: 2/9/2019 11:35:56 AM

Send some this way, too 'not another angry guy'~
Those anti-aging lotions and potions are very pricey

Hands off my wrinkle cream. You look fantastic and don't need it.

I was offering help, not condemning him or insulting ALL short men. how tall do we need to be to post here?

Glad you made it back. I was beginning to think you may have fell while reaching for your meds. Just wait until someone puts forth the argument that women not dating short men is discrimination but short guys not dating overweight women is a preference. It won't be long until you are musing whether to slit your own throat now or have someone else do it for you later.
 ssm508
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 11:46:53 AM
Many women have stated that they feel more "protected" or "feminine" when they are with a tall man. Which is probably more a psychological feeling. Other women like tall men due to stereotypical reasons. Short men have "Napoleon's Complex", tall men have better genes etc. I have even heard some women say tall men have larger penises.

That being said, I do agree that height in general isn't as important offline. OLD is often about pictures and stats. Offline, a short man may have a better chance to show his personality over time.
 feirene
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 1:06:48 PM
All my kids are taller than me. Would be weird getting with anyone under 5ft 11 now.
My first boyfriend was 6ft 4 btw, obviously i didn't meet him online.

Men are similar, they often like big boobs, long legs, or something they find attractive. Luckily i have a sparklng personality,l ol.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 2:25:06 PM

On dating sites, men's height seems to be the number one requirement for women.

It is.

However, that's not necessarily true offline - in a group, class, or at work, anywhere you could meet women periodically so they could get to know you and develop a crush on you - if a woman does develop a crush on you, she'll overlook your height.

It is still mostly true offline, too.
Unless everyplace else is different from SoCal, just find a location with a sizable group of couples, all ages and races, and you will still find an overwhelming majority of cases (maybe 80%) where the man is taller than the woman.
I've seen it here in SoCal anyway.
 LinuxD
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 4:44:08 PM
Being only 5'17" I am jealous when women want guys who are at least 6 feet tall.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 6:03:46 PM
Neuroskeptic—measured the height of the parents of about 19,000 babies born in 2000. They found that the woman was taller in 4.1 percent of cases. Then they compared the couples in the data to the pattern found if you scrambled up those same men and women and matched them together at random. In that random set, the woman was taller in 6.5 percent of cases.

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2013/01/why-its-so-rare-for-a-wife-to-be-taller-than-her-husband/272585/

Which means in a random pairing of couples, 93% of the time men would be taller than the woman he was coupled with.

There is some selection going on, but it's mostly just natural because most men are taller than most women. You couldn't actually get only 80% of the men taller, it would be HAVE to be more like 93% even if they paired up at random.
 hemingway234
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/10/2019 6:17:32 AM
Except it's not about women wanting taller men...........it's about women wanting MUCH taller men. Like 6' minimum. But hey, if they can get it, good for them I say.

I can't date a woman less than 5'3".......I'm not going to break my back trying to bend over to kiss her.

Another thing...I suspect a lot of men are lying about their height. Several times I have heard from women I have just met that I am tall / taller than they thought, when height is in my profile.
 cooldog65
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 11:56:16 AM

OLD is often about pictures and stats.

Having above average strength and muscle size makes up for those few inches of height I am lacking. I change what I can change.
 2ufo
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 12:14:14 PM
Linux...

Best response I've ever seen!
:-)
 cooldog65
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 12:21:43 PM

Being only 5'17"

That would make me 6' -5"...
 forumfairy
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 1:07:57 PM
I've found women seem to prefer taller men. I'm around 5'7, still, I get dates. That tells me that some women don't need a real tall dude.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them