Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Speed-dating aka multi-mini-interview type date format for mature fol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Speed-dating aka multi-mini-interview type date format for mature folks like usPage 1 of 1    
Anyone tried speed-dating services for people in our age group? Do any actually exist?

I've done a lot of multi-mini-interview things for job applications but never tried it as a speed-dating type of thing. If it's still a thing. ;-)
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Speed-dating aka multi-mini-interview type date format for mature folks like us
Posted: 2/9/2019 12:57:10 PM

Do any actually exist?

They exist here in Southern California.

From the website of one of them:

"About Speed Dating LA

LA First Dates is the premier speed dating and singles events company in Los Angeles. Our events offer singles in LA a fun and flirty way to meet! We hold about 2-5 events per week, with different categories, and at some of LA's best venues.

LA First Dates was founded in 2007, has held thousands of events, and is responsible for hundreds of happy relationships! We look forward to helping you meet lots of other singles just like you in the LA area!"

I have never been to any.
Most speed dating events here generally charge a $30-$40 entrance fee, and most are for ages 20s to 40s, with a few age 50s events thrown in.
 spot4username
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 6:41:29 PM
The vast majority of speed dating and/or lock & key events in the greater Jax area are all run by the same person. I have been friends with her for ages therefore I have attended a number of them. I don't normally plan on it but she will text me if she needs another woman or needs someone to help run one of the tables or work the check-in. Sometimes they are interesting and sometimes not so much. - like regular dating.
 ssm508
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 9:42:06 AM
There are speed dating events that have certain target audiences. Age, race, religion, lifestyle, political beliefs etc.
Posted: 2/10/2019 10:59:57 AM
I think speed dating would be fun to try. I would just hope I didn't come across someone who was really shy and not very talkative. That might be awkward. I haven't heard of any speed dating events in these parts in a long time.
 cooldog65
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 12:07:04 PM
It may not work well for me as I'm extremely opinionated and talkative. She may have a hard time getting in a word or may get turned off quickly...
 zonavar68
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 9:22:37 PM
There's one outfit that's appearing a lot in the media here called Cityswoon:

https://cityswoon.com.au/

Though a check on their website shows they only seem to organise events in large cities (basically state capitals) not regional areas.

Just curious as I've never tried speed-dating and probably would find it very imtimidating. But until I tried it I wouldn't really know what it's like.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Speed-dating aka multi-mini-interview type date format for mature folks like us