Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Male SEQ/EEQ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ??? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I rarely see forum TOPIC Post By women -Making a claim about the male gender in general^^ As I did above? And it is indeed bashing and gross generalization.. Any clue- What creates this disparity in the volume of topics? Is it the technology wherein topics like mine are presented, but members are hypervigilant, and willing to choose the "delete this thread button" when it generalizes male behavior? Or maybe more people are interested in post generalizing females-so more activity on these topics? ??? Maybe overall women are more fearful of social judgement? So they may assume male gender generalizations, yet don't post topics concerned about resentment ?Beats me??
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/9/2019 6:21:22 AM
^^^
Male SEQ/EEQ???

I don't know what these letters stand for.
Enlighten?

Discussions about 'female rage' likely get voted off.
Even though said discussion could fill a dang library!
Maybe not welcome on a dating site?
IDK
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/9/2019 6:31:17 AM
Once again, You need to be a little more specific with what you are talking about. Not sure what SEQ/ EEQ is. It might be helpful if you explained that to begin with. No offense, sometimes I have a hard time trying to figure out what you are even going on about.
 Inicia
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/9/2019 7:07:57 AM
Social Etiquette/Emotional Etiquette.. Female rage? I don't understand? But I do see much male expressions of dissatisfaction with all women-entertained, very rarely voted out..
"Going on about??" ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE utilizing derogatory/superior/condescending language, if indeed, your agenda is communication. This is incendiary language and not viewed as an honest attempt towards discourse..If you responded to a work colleague, friend, partner, boss, etc.. with such language- what indeed would you accomplish? If communication/discourse is not a reality for you- specify that to me right now- and i will never read a post you share again.. I am not into BS claims of "NO OFFENSE"
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/9/2019 7:42:24 AM

Going on about??" ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE utilizing derogatory/superior/condescending language, if indeed, your agenda is communication

Oh good grief. I am Not going to pander to you by sugar coating everything. I'm not quite sure how what I wrote was offensive, and quite honestly, I don't want to spend the next 20 posts from you trying to figure it out. I will say though, I do understand, more and more, everyday, why some men say women are crazy! Its abundantly clear sometimes. Is that maybe why their posts stand? I hope that was on topic, not sure though.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/9/2019 8:58:24 AM

Social Etiquette/Emotional Etiquette...

If you want to create a post bashing men in general, you can always give it a shot - but it has to be clearly stated and unique in some way and not just a re-hash of other threads in here. Starting it with a short acronym that can only be translated through the Urban Dictionary is not going to help things.

If you feel there is a real disparity between male/female topics and what gives 'legs' to a discussion thread, keep a few things in mind...
1) There are more men in these discussion boards than women. Not a huge majority, but more. Certain individuals may be prolific at their post frequency giving a different impression, but when it comes to Battles of the Sexes and anything truly flaming gets posted, more guys will come out of the woodwork to exercise their expression.

2) Online dating - the behaviors and decisions done within the scope of what is online - is mostly done by women. How can that be when men supposedly do most of the approaching? Because women mostly make that choice to reject while still online. (In reality there is a lot more 'Ghosting' than Rejection) Why it happens, or what reasons it happens - is often unknown or confusing - and gives rise to a billion different WTF? type topics in these discussion boards. Most of the odd behavior men exhibit that gets mentioned in these boards is NOT related to online behavior - it's more about the goofy sh1t they pull in real life once a date or relationship has been established. Some topics don't have 'legs' because the content in them can't really be applied or changed by what goes on in these websites. People don't want to invade real lives - they keep a safe distance and dictate online actions more than anything else.
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/9/2019 10:05:50 AM
Why do the majority of gender-polarizing threads seem to be initiated by Men?

It's really quite simple.

This is a patriarchal society. As such, not only do men feel entitled to dictate the behavior of women, but many truly believe they are doing us a "favor" by telling us what to do. Some directives are disguised as "helpful advice," but nearly all are unsolicited.

Most of the gender-specific rants posted by men on these boards, simply boil down to "Women won't Behave the Way I Want."

It is easy to recognize them, because in their frustration to control, men often pepper their rants with insults and/or threats of dire consequences that will befall the women who fail to comply with their directives: I will click on the "next" profile, I will find a wife overseas, you will die in the company of your cats, I will Go My Own Way [so ... buh-bye], I will date younger, etc., etc.

As an example, here is a recent thread posted by a guy losing his sh!t because women are using profile photos of which he disapproves:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16744621.aspx

What I actually find most interesting is the subtext to these rants - the idea that, even in these "progressive times," It is the responsibility of the Women to facilitate the goals of the Men.

Sad, isn't it?

Anyway, women rant, too, but it is mostly on a personal level, about some guy who dumped them, or cheated on them, although there are the occasional generic rants about "all men ..."

HTH
 zonavar68
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/9/2019 12:50:05 PM
I tried to google the title of the thread and even it didn't tell me what 'male SEQ/EEQ' means. 8-) That's pretty bad when Dr Google can't help me. lol

I first thought it might relate to 'IQ' but perhaps there is something called 'EQ' that's similar but different....

So if it, as the followup by the OP alludes, is about etiquette then what's the issue? Most people have a common-sense grasp of it, but few of us (and that applies to women as well as us men) will be all over the fine detail around 'prim and proper' social behaviour.

Because most of us at our age go on very few dates simply because life is so busy in general, developing and refining social behaviour isn't something that we can (a) learn from a textbook, or (b) practice frequently. The only regular social engagement I do is with people at my work because I do shiftwork and going out socially like a normal person (lol) is out of the question. Very rarely I get to be social like a normal person but not often enough.

feirene
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/9/2019 12:52:31 PM
I think generlisations come about partly from the dehumanisation of others, as well aslack of experience/interaction with a wide range of the people being generalised about.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/10/2019 6:08:29 PM
When in doubt-confuse the opposition.

Wanna argue? Then toss out something we can sink our teeth into.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/11/2019 11:17:02 AM

I rarely see forum TOPIC Post By women -Making a claim about the male gender in general^^ As I did above? And it is indeed bashing and gross generalization.. Any clue- What creates this disparity in the volume of topics? Is it the technology wherein topics like mine are presented, but members are hypervigilant, and willing to choose the "delete this thread button" when it generalizes male behavior? Or maybe more people are interested in post generalizing females-so more activity on these topics? ??? Maybe overall women are more fearful of social judgement? So they may assume male gender generalizations, yet don't post topics concerned about resentment ?Beats me??

Social etiquette versus Emotional etiquette. What exactly is the topic and/or question?

Then toss out something we can sink our teeth into.

What he suggested.
 Inicia
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/11/2019 12:15:03 PM
^^I am not in the camp that desires others chewing on my ideas Some have figured it out and offered observations- Thank you!!! -. I have read several on point responses ..Often unfamiliar concepts -can be unappealing milk for some- meat for others.. Others find water in a drought. If I had requested info on how to get a date or fix my broken heart-that might have been meat those topics get pages and pages of advice- and for total mastication -regurgitated until it is indeed milk .. .
Etiquette Or Quotient- Apparently Google as usual deletes non interesting/unpopular references with little advertising value-it was a catch phrases from 20- 30 yrs ago.. For those who lacked the capabilities to learn and adjust to social dynamics changes. " a respected male figure making harvey tit slinger jokes to a waitress" lacks SEQ-EQ -or kinda like "black face, or "grabbing females genitalia" lacking in SEQ and EQ..Or feeling comfortable and acceptable making gross generalizations or judgements of groups of people. So enjoy google!!
BTW This forum was not in "my forums" lol had to do a hunt for it..Got to love tech too!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/11/2019 3:29:49 PM
Answers one question. Why you're here and not dating.

Trying to buffalo everybody with that just means you're unfit to talk to.
 Inicia
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/11/2019 3:37:02 PM
Really OMG ROFLMAO Yes I realize my fitness lol.. OMG too fricken funny- just do not assume it is everybody else_ not me-yet... but give me a few years and i will get a purple scooter and lambaste anyone else for choosing to date..I am looking forward to it.
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/13/2019 6:11:00 AM

Answers one question. Why you're here and not dating.

Trying to buffalo everybody with that just means you're unfit to talk to

lol this is why you're hawt!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/13/2019 7:27:02 AM

Really OMG ROFLMAO Yes I realize my fitness lol.. OMG too fricken funny- just do not assume it is everybody else_ not me-yet... but give me a few years and i will get a purple scooter and lambaste anyone else for choosing to date..I am looking forward to it.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person (even in here), but I honestly can't follow most of what you type in here.
Paragraphs are our friends, as is punctuation when trying to communicate.

Also, assume others might not know what you're talking about and make it simple or simply cut to the chase.
If this were real time, it might not be as hard to figure out what you're trying to say, but we have to wait for responses
that sometimes take a while.

I remember when this place was interesting and when we fought it was with funny witticisms...I miss those days.
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/13/2019 9:03:05 AM

I honestly can't follow most of what you type in here.

Trust me, you are far from the only one who finds the OP unintelligible.

The beauty of that is ...
You can make up your own topic! Just state it at the beginning of your response, like I did.

I remember when this place was interesting and when we fought it was with funny witticisms...I miss those days.

Me too ... sigh.
 whiterose0
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/14/2019 1:26:09 PM

I rarely see forum TOPIC Post By women -Making a claim about the male gender in general^^ As I did above? And it is indeed bashing and gross generalization.. Any clue- What creates this disparity in the volume of topics?

The sheer volume of men online is greater than the volume of women online. That could account for much of the disparity. A more interesting question to me is why are there more men online than women?
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/15/2019 5:36:52 PM

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person (even in here), but I honestly can't follow most of what you type in here.
Paragraphs are our friends, as is punctuation when trying to communicate.

Thank you. I was beginning to fear it was just me. The poster to whom we refer often makes no sense at all with sentences running into each other with only a hyphen to change the topic and then several topics in the same 'sentence' with a jumble of words strung together in a way that leaves us in a position to try to dicipher the meaning. Yay!!!! I'm not stupid. (Sigh of relief)
 Inicia
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/16/2019 10:04:14 AM
-I do attempt with all my failings to communicate- much apologies for my inability.. Thank you all so much for allowing and entertaining my stupidity..I know how difficult it must be. I am glad you have found support to acknowledge the havoc and confusion caused with my failure to honor/understand/utilize/respect social media protocol. It is horrible to be confused alone communicating foreignly - I respect the camaraderie representing a beautiful protective solidarity-hallelujah for your fellowship. Thank you..
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/16/2019 11:35:59 AM
No they're confused because you're a babbling fool and a liar.

Some have figured it out and offered observations-

Liar THere were only 11 posts before you told that lie and non one stated they knew what you were talking about

Etiquette Or Quotient- Apparently Google as usual deletes non interesting/unpopular references with little advertising value-it was a catch phrases from 20- 30 yrs ago.

Liar You didn't even look up the terms otherwise you would have discovered EQ still exists. Just another of your lame excuses you use to keep people from discovering you're a babbling fool

Emotional intelligence (EI), Emotional leadership (EL), Emotional quotient (EQ) and Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EIQ), is the capability of individuals to recognize their own emotions and those of others,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

Now you can read the article and pretend you're knowledgeable when it comes to EQ liar

Inicia
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/16/2019 1:19:29 PM
Lol Rise above do not entertain the scum of a babbling foolish liar, mere dirt and dust upon your heal/heel, shake it free in dignity and walk away. FISHY DANIMAL FIRIENE three (some) in the eleven at least (1983 resurrected Term) perpetuated use in mid 90's thirty years
 Two Tickets
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/16/2019 4:54:57 PM
Kookoo
Kookoo

Kookoo

omg
 zonavar68
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/17/2019 2:01:40 AM

The sheer volume of men online is greater than the volume of women online. That could account for much of the disparity. A more interesting question to me is why are there more men online than women?

Because us men really have no idea how to approach women in person. ;-) That's assuming we're doing things to actually put ourselves in places where we could actually meet women in person. And for people like me who do shiftwork, we basically don't do social things normally because shiftwork makes a person perpetually without any stamina for social outings in the main, including family things.

As for the second part, many sites seems to offer access to women either for free or cheaper than it's offer to men. I wouldn't have a clue what POF offers to women compared to men.

Remember women are conditioned to be social creatures - men are conditioned to not be social.
 cooldog65
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/17/2019 2:26:28 AM

Thank you. I was beginning to fear it was just me. The poster to whom we refer often makes no sense at all with sentences running into each other with only a hyphen to change the topic and then several topics in the same 'sentence' with a jumble of words strung together in a way that leaves us in a position to try to dicipher the meaning. Yay!!!! I'm not stupid. (Sigh of relief)

I'm pretty lost myself. When I use Google Translate, it can be sometimes tough to decipher due to the sentencing structure other languages use.

Then again, I may be trying to read Klingonese...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Male SEQ/EEQ???