Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would appreciate a review of my Profile please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greg43545
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Would appreciate a review of my Profile pleasePage 1 of 1    
Hello,

I have been working on getting my profile contents down to a reasonable size and still be able to get the information I want to present across to a reader. Could you please review my profile and give me some constructive observations?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Greg
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Would appreciate a review of my Profile please
Posted: 2/10/2019 7:11:14 PM
All your photos were taken at the same professional photo shoot. Your profile is too long and every sentence begins with "I". I couldn't finish reading it. Boring and extended. You said some nice things but in a really boring way.
 Greg43545
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 9:19:40 PM
Thank you for your observations.

So, as a woman, what would you recommend that would make my profile more appealing to another woman?
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 11:33:06 AM

So, as a woman, what would you recommend that would make my profile more appealing to another woman?

I think I said it?
 whiterose0
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/11/2019 1:30:03 PM
As the first poster suggested, most of your sentences shouldn't start with the pronoun, "I". This makes you appear self-centered. Condense your profile - it's too verbose. Consider including a paragraph about the type of woman you're looking for.

Take the picture of the football helmet out; it's against the rules. You need to be in all the pictures - holding the helmet is fine. Consider including a picture of yourself taken outdoors, engaging in one of the activities you enjoy - unless you spend all your time indoors.
 spot4username
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 1:58:42 PM
Get rid of that silly disclaimer on the bottom of your profile.
 Greg43545
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 4:40:42 PM
" SurelyIamShirley: I think I said it? "

Indeed, you did ....
 Greg43545
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 4:53:46 PM

: As the first poster suggested, most of your sentences shouldn't start with the pronoun, "I". This makes you appear self-centered. Condense your profile - it's too verbose.

Hmm, OK
By the way, I looked at the first poster's profile and I'm not the only one with a lot of sentences starting with " I ".

Take the picture of the football helmet out; it's against the rules. You need to be in all the pictures

If I'm breaking the rules with the helmet picture then there are 'Thousands' of others in violation as well. I see pictures of dogs, cats, cars, motor cycles, sunrises, sunsets, grand kids, etc., etc., etc. ....

Consider including a picture of yourself taken outdoors, engaging in one of the activities you enjoy.

At this time these are the only pictures I would consider putting into my profile. As the weather warms up, and I again get outside doing the activities I enjoy, I will indeed include those types of photographs.
 Greg43545
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 4:56:27 PM

spot4username: Get rid of that silly disclaimer on the bottom of your profile.

With all of the Identity Theft taking place on the Web, I think I'll leave that in there, thanks.
 whiterose0
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/12/2019 7:32:03 AM
If you're just going to give rebuttals to all the profile advice you were given, there's really no point in seeking a profile review in the first place. Were you just looking for attention?
 forumfairy
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2019 8:13:47 AM
Greg, you asked for a review of your profile, the ladies were trying to be helpful. I don't see a reason why they would purposely give you bad advice. I know how frustrating trying to do a good profile is. I've been trying to give mine a little polish and have had to make some revisions. After going over their comments, I think I may have to do some more revising. If you didn't want their help, you shouldn't have asked.
 spot4username
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Would NOT REALLY appreciate a review of my Profile please
Posted: 2/12/2019 9:38:19 AM

With all of the Identity Theft taking place on the Web, I think I'll leave that in there, thanks.

/shrug/ Sure. Leave it. Any woman who has any sense will just roll her eyes at how stupid it is.

Your profile content and all use of POF by you belongs to POF. It is crystal clear in the TOS. Your disclaimer doesn't override the TOS you agreed to.

Carry on.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Would NOT REALLY appreciate a review of my Profile please
Posted: 2/12/2019 10:13:23 AM

Hmm, OK
By the way, I looked at the first poster's profile and I'm not the only one with a lot of sentences starting with " I ".

Hmm, OK.
OP, you make a good point. I will see what I can do about that but if you can't handle constructive criticism, don't ask for a profile review.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would appreciate a review of my Profile please