Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Broken heart over lost friend and how strange grief can be      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 randyhollywood
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Broken heart over lost friend and how strange grief can bePage 1 of 1    
I figured this would be a broken hearts subject and apply to anyone broken hearted by a loss of a good friend. Its pretty sad so be advised. Recently had a pet cat die and it hit me really hard... Before you judge though I recently lost all my family in short order. Ive lost lots of pet animals in the past so I dont know why this cat triggered this kind of emotion but I think its suppressed emotions. Ive also been in the military and lost friends there too. I took the family funerals pretty strong and people were amazed at how hard core and well I took it at the funeral. I knew in my soul though it was only a matter of time before I broke down. I didnt know when it would be but I knew it would happen and hit hard. I have a lot of cats mostly because people dont want them anymore. One particular cat was abused by his previous owner and lost an eye. The cat went through a lot and I took care of him. I actually recently built him his own house in the backyard. The cat was very friendly and just a very good friend. He was killed a few nights ago by a pack of dogs. I tried to stop them but it was too late the dogs were too fast and efficient. It was a particularly brutal death and my biggest concern was how aggressive this pack of dogs were. They were just roaming around the neighborhood killing anything smaller than they were. I called the police and they came documented everything and told me a pack of dogs recently almost killed a baby girl so I was in the right for calling the police. The pack of dogs that killed the cat looked similar to some mutt rottweilers that Ive seen before but I cant say for sure they were so fast and it was dark out too.

A few months ago the police came to my door and informed me of a sex criminal that moved into the neighborhood and they pointed out what house it was. Every since than I took notice of the house and I also noticed these two mutt rottweilers that were always in the guys front yard. I felt as though it was a ticking time bomb situation. Its already creepy enough the dude is a sex criminal but also has this weird giant heap of children bikes in front of his lawn with these dogs guarding the yard without leashes. Anytime I called animal control as soon as the dog catchers came the dogs would be gone as if the guy gets them back in the house before the dogs catchers get there.

Anyway I cant say with 100% certainty that it was those two dogs but after what Im seeing it is highly likely it was the two dogs. Also the dogs took my neighbors animal skins tanning in his backyard a few weeks ago. All i can do right now is just do what Im doing with animal control and having a police report written. The death of the cat though has been particularly hard. I think it was all those balled up emotions I tried to suppress all these months of my family members deaths that when the little innocent sweet cat was killed it killed me too. Its crazy sometimes how grief works and it dont matter how tough you are or try to be those killer emotions WILL catch up to you eventually. I had NO IDEA this little cats death would trigger this kind of reaction out of me. Im just going to have to move on and improve my life the best I can...
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Broken heart over lost friend and how strange grief can be
Posted: 2/18/2019 8:39:23 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through this as well all that you went through before.
It could be the straw that broke the camel's back, or that this cat was such an innocent and sweet creature that came to such a bad end, likely by really bad dogs, owned by a really bad person. It seems like such injustice.

Reading this post makes me angry and sad on your behalf.

I'm sending good thoughts your way.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 12:17:14 PM
I'm sorry that you have had to deal with such personal loss and the cat being the final 'straw' completely relates. Such a cruel, violent death to an innocent is hard to bear. Please feel free to continue to share your healing journey. You are in my prayers.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 7:49:37 PM
@ OP

I had NO IDEA this little cats death would trigger this kind of reaction

It may not be only about the cat...........I think perhaps its also about the innocence, vulnerability that this cat represented...and the 'unfairness' behind what took place..........not just with this cat, but possibly with all the other loved ones you lost......you can repress grief only for so long

They were just roaming around the neighborhood killing anything smaller than they were. I called the police and they came documented everything and told me a pack of dogs recently almost killed a baby girl so I was in the right for calling the police.

I don't know what the leash laws are like where you live......as I think it is against the law for dogs to be left loose (and if they are considered a threat......they could be shot before someone is seriously hurt or killed).....the question is who these dogs belong to if anybody.....it may be a good idea to place outdoor video camaras around your property....just to see what is roaming around at night and where they are coming from........this can serve as proof of ownership that you can present to the police...........you should also speak to your neighbors and see what they know or have to say.....especially if this person is a sex offender, every one should be on guard

hope the best for you!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Broken heart over lost friend and how strange grief can be