Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Did you get any Valentines?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CBGB77
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Did you get any Valentines?Page 1 of 1    
I got one from my girlfriend

http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/files/208/003-001.JPG

and one from my cat

http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/files/208/51895196_2277299425835581_1911234646851452928_n.jpg
 CBGB77
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Did you get any Valentines?
Posted: 2/15/2019 7:48:56 AM
Do you know "The Gory Origins Of Valentine's Day" ?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/gory-origins-valentines-day-180968156/
 grover14
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 11:45:59 AM
Nope, not one. Oh well, always next year!
Posted: 2/15/2019 11:56:55 AM
not one as usual, but its ok...valentines up north here tends to be a chilly, ice covered day, anyway.

should be in the spring equinox, when everyone's feelin' that urge to merge, anyway.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/15/2019 7:27:30 PM
I got a new Perfume

Flower- Pretty Deadly- Lethal Oleander :0P

Sounds like some good screen names IMO
 cooldog65
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 8:33:55 PM
My birthday was just before Valentine's Day. I just didn't give a shit about Valentine's Day. I work nights, so I had my priorities.
 MsMicki
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 5:04:39 AM
Doing our Valentines tonight since I had to work a 10 hour day on Thursday....
Going to see one of my favorite Blues singers at a nice intimate club that serves the best crab stuffed mushrooms!!
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 8:13:54 AM
My ex-husband texted a funny-sweet gif. Otherwise I'd forgotten it was Valentine's day until I tried to eat at my favorite restaurant and couldn't because they were seating only couples for the 2-person special.
 feirene
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 11:10:26 AM
I got 2, one off my boyfreind, obviously, saying 'may this be the first of many we can share together'. And one through the #GreatBritishValentine -this was set upto boost peoples mental health.You just register your address and then someone else gets it and they send you a uplifting/positive card andyou get someone elses address to send the same kind of thing to.

I love that blue card, it's nice and fluffy.
 afinewineandyou
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 9:23:24 PM

and one from my cat

LOL That's cute!... and I liked the blue one also, very nice!

No cards but did receive a "Disney gift bag of Candy," then was surprised today with an "Edible Arrangement". Seen them on tv but first time to try one. They're quite good. Chocolate covered Pineapples, Strawberries etc. Yum!

My birthday was just before Valentine's Day.

Happy belated birthday Cooldog. Hope it was a wonderful one.

And one through the #GreatBritishValentine -this was set upto boost peoples mental health.

Had I known about that I would have sent one. hmm... Maybe next year if they have it.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 5:46:11 AM
Op asked:

Just for fun, gonna turn it around<<<

Did you SEND any Valentines?

I e-mail close friends and family. Most times get a nice msg in return.

Love is what you make!

(Smile)
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:28:53 AM

Going to see one of my favorite Blues singers at a nice intimate club that serves the best crab stuffed mushrooms!!

My favorite. I hope you stuffed yourself so you ate one for me. They are hard to find these days.....those mushrooms that is.
I received a lovely card from my daughter and text messages from my sons. They are all so sweet!
 MsMicki
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:06:39 AM
Oh that I did....and they had a nice little dish that had grilled pineapple, mango and shrimp drizzled with a sweet and spicy sauce....Oh My!!
 feirene
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:27:20 AM

And one through the #GreatBritishValentine -this was set upto boost peoples mental health.

Had I known about that I would have sent one. hmm... Maybe next year if they have it.

I signed up as a backup valentine as well so got an email yesterday from the organiser saying some people didn't get their card and would i send one of those people one, so you probably could still sign up for it?
 feirene
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:29:30 AM
It's in the UK also, there maybe something similar in america though?

INBOX | HELP | ONLINE | SEARCH | MEET ME | FORUMS | CHEMISTRY | UPGRADE | LOG OUT
Home Logout MyForums

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 julystorm22
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:31:31 AM
I have never ever gotten a valentine or gift from a romantic partner on Valentine's Day. I think I may have gotten an occasional card but I can't recall. Never flowers or chocolates or going out for supper.

My kids did not give me a valentine. I did get a chocolate rose from the other coach for my kids' soccer team which I help coach. I kind of felt bad because she gave a valentine and chocolate rose to everyone on the team and I didn't get any of them something. It didn't even occur to me.
 ssm508
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:41:48 AM

I have never ever gotten a valentine or gift from a romantic partner on Valentine's Day. I think I may have gotten an occasional card but I can't recall. Never flowers or chocolates or going out for supper.

Whenever I was in a relationship, I never did anything fancy or special on Valentine's Day. I might give a woman small and inexpensive gifts like candy or a card. I usually don't go out for a dinner at a nice restaurant because those places can be very crowded and overpriced on Valentine's Day.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:50:09 AM

It didn't even occur to me.

Perhaps, ........................it's still a fresh new year. Make better choices, better decisions. Choose to give to others, unconditionally.

I was given a cute lil' Valentines card from each of my daughter's niece's (her husband's side of family), I got a "Happy Valentines Day" phone call from my mother, I received an attachment in my Facebook messenger page from a GF with a picture of red roses, a little cute book with "Grumpy Cat", from the grand kids, a chocolate candy bar with almonds, "Very dark intense", from son and his wife, a card from my daughter, with a raccoon on it, (my favorite animal), a dozen long stemmed red roses in a red vase, (LOL, imagine that) and dinner to a Mexican restaurant, from/with the new man in my life.

Lead................with one's own actions.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:00:01 PM
Yes, I got them from the man I love and more from my family. I treasur them. I gave valetines in the form of my love, my devotion, care and the huge dinner party I gave to them, last night, full of the cooking I do, with my love.

Every day is Valentine's Day for me; full of love.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:58:18 PM

Yes, I got them from the man I love

^^ happy 4 U
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 3:50:26 PM

Oh that I did....and they had a nice little dish that had grilled pineapple, mango and shrimp drizzled with a sweet and spicy sauce....Oh My!!

I'm delighting in that too! Thank you!
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 3:53:50 PM

My kids did not give me a valentine. I did get a chocolate rose from the other coach for my kids' soccer team which I help coach. I kind of felt bad because she gave a valentine and chocolate rose to everyone on the team and I didn't get any of them something. It didn't even occur to me.

It's the little things that count. Value others as you would yourself.
 julystorm22
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 7:16:20 PM
Even if I had thought of getting valentines for the kids on the team I coach, I probably wouldn't have. I'm on a tight budget and I've put the lid on gift-giving in general. I still get my kids something for their birthdays and Christmas but no longer give to my nephews and nieces, siblings, aunts, kids' teachers, kids' dayhome provider, etc. I wish people would quit giving me gifts and I've asked them too. When I get a gift it makes me feel bad.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2019 10:25:36 AM
^^^^^
Same. My kids are adults now and I give them Timmy cards for their birthdays and an inexpensive, usually useful gift for Christmas. Grandchildren of course receive gifts from me but that is it. Life is expensive these days.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Did you get any Valentines?