Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's so wrong with me wearing pink colour fashion shirts (blokes)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 devern1967
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What's so wrong with me wearing pink colour fashion shirts (blokes)Page 1 of 1    
Hi all , what's the issue with me wearing a pink colour button down collar fashion dress shirts ?? I've always wore pink and lemon shirts , but I got some disapproving looks last Saturday night in a bar / pub in town ! , Ok so what's the big deal with men wearing pink ?? Cheers devern 1967 Darlington Xx
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What's so wrong with me wearing pink colour fashion shirts (blokes)
Posted: 2/21/2019 10:55:07 AM
OP,maybe they were looking forward to seeing you in the pretty blue color shirt you're wearing in your profile photo.

IDK

Some guys look really good in pink.
Just sayin'
Wouldn't worry too much about it~
 Spectrallight
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/21/2019 2:13:37 PM

Hi all , what's the issue with me wearing a pink colour button down collar fashion dress shirts ?? I've always wore pink and lemon shirts , but I got some disapproving looks last Saturday night in a bar / pub in town ! , Ok so what's the big deal with men wearing pink ?? Cheers devern 1967 Darlington Xx

You get a few disapproving looks and so what? Did you ever consider that some looks you didn't notice were positive? no as always people always look at the negative.

The positive is you're getting noticed!
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2019 3:50:25 PM
Are you sure it was the shirt?
 justinelle
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2019 3:54:07 PM
Maybe leaving out the high heels shoes and handbag might help????????????????
 platitude545
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/21/2019 7:18:42 PM
^^^ you showed some humor, and it was funny. Good job.
Posted: 2/22/2019 9:17:51 AM
men don't wear pink.

they wear "salmon"

you can rock a salmon coloured shirt, or any other pastel colour. but its hard to be a man in "pink" or "rose" or anything labeled a type of "sunset".
 oldwxman
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 10:25:45 AM
There is nothing wrong with a pink shirt unless you are a loser. A pink or lavender shirt signifies an erect penis but only when accompanied by arrogance and superiority. If you work in an office or in the trades, it is highly negative. But if you can treat people around you like insects, the shirt works like an amplifier.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/22/2019 10:42:01 AM
from the time we are born, we are taught girls wear pink, boys wear blue. our toys, book bags, bikes and anything else right down to our underwear has always associated pink with girls. when I went to school any boy wearing pink risked getting a twirly and was labeled gay to never be forgotten. even today, while they may not judge you for being gay or feminine, they assume you are! very few men can pull it off without that assumption and even then, only in the right setting. if you like pink, wear it but even the gay/trans. crowd may think the same as it is so deeply imbedded.
 platitude545
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/22/2019 12:20:49 PM
OP...nothing wrong with pink shirts. I like pink shirts, and red shirts because they go well with my complexion. I also where the stereotypical blue oxford shirts and white shirts...but like to mix it up...Nobody and I mean nobody of any importance cares what color your shirts.

I do remember some years ago I was walking down the street in Cape-Cod and was wearing a pink sweatshirt.... and a car with some teenage boys drove by and made some sort of comment. but they were teenage boys...enough said.
 N2U18
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 2:58:44 PM
When I was a kid I went with my grandparents to pick up their new Tangerine Orange 1978 Mustang II, V8 Coupe with a white Vinyl top, pop-up sunroof, and a luggage rack on the trunk. Good gawd the interior was orange! Granny was driving a little crazy and got some air off the train tracks on the way home. I’m sure it wasn’t as dramatic as I remember but the car always had a little bit of a rattle after that. I think everyone in the family drove that car at some point, but the “Pumpkin” ended up with me as I was entering high school.

Life is about adapting to the situation and fortunately, both “Pumpkin” and I were pretty quick.

That Hot little car died in the first couple months of 1988. I have no qualms about wearing PINK!
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/22/2019 3:43:57 PM
my van is yellow ('64 vette color) and has has plenty of features that scream '60's hippy van. I had a pink sticker with 2 pair of feet and 'nudist'. rarely did anyone comment on the obvious 'nudist' but I took a lot of heat over it being pink. lost the decal when I repainted but fully expect the same comments when I replace it.
 feirene
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2019 6:35:31 AM
Let this video cheer you up, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wogb2ctOfV4
 vlad dracul
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2019 9:04:00 AM
Ah pink. Now it wasn't a colour lads would wear to football back in the day.

But one Saturday our supporters bus the Michael Whelehan Hibernian Supporters Club was just about to leave the Robins Nest pub for the long haul up to play the mutton molesters up in Aberdeen.

Big Davy L jumped on the bus with this new t shirt on.

Twas pink. He took dogs abuse.

Eventually he lost the rag and shouted "it's no pink ya cvnts it's fvckin cerise".

He was then christened Cerise Chatreuse.

We got to Aberdeen 3 hours later and he sulked off and got a service bus home to Edinburgh before the game kicked off.

He is well known around the South Side and stills laughs and answers when we call him Big Cerise
 browneyesboo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2019 11:54:01 AM
I think you should wear whatever color you like. I think pastel
colors on men look really nice...especially if they're crisp oxfords.

I wear whatever the heck I want. It's been years since I've worried
about what people might say or worse...think.

Fark em.

I don't know why, but I always read Vlad Dracul with an accent
I don't have.
 cooldog65
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2019 11:57:42 AM
The only pink I care about has nothing to do with a shirt, if you know what I mean...
 Noftheborder
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2019 1:18:24 PM
Argh - the obsession with colours and, more unimportantly, labels. If society had somehow chosen the opposite colours to associate with genders, there'd be an awful lot of "sissified" men walking around at the moment. It's really stupid when you think of it, isn't it?

https://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/10/pink-used-common-color-boys-blue-girls/
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's so wrong with me wearing pink colour fashion shirts (blokes)