Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Continue from previous thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chrissi31
Msg: 1
Continue from previous threadPage 1 of 1    
I just hope the last reply i received in the original thread, is a joke really.

I cant believe that someone seeks anything like total devotion from a total stranger.

I dont think that things work that way and dating means to get to know . each other.

I only know him like...three weeks???
Continue from previous thread
Posted: 2/28/2019 10:11:36 AM
total devotion should come from a lover, if you want more than a shag. after all, you can catch nasty things from one, these days. dating IS to get to know each other.
 Chrissi31
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/28/2019 10:33:28 AM
To be honest I think I will agree with the poster saying that he is hiding something.

Also the woman that was on the phone didn't strike to me like a relative at all
Posted: 2/28/2019 12:27:06 PM

We seemed to have conversation chemistry and we kissed on the third date passionately.

After the fourth date, he had either got what he wanted, or was no longer interested in the pursuit.

THAT is why he is basically ignoring you.

And, yes, he is either married, or has a girlfriend. If he lives in Ireland, but works in London, you have no way of going to his house, so it is easy for him to lie.

Sorry ... you've been had.

No one needs another "continuation" of this story. It's a story that's as old as time ... woman wants to believe liar when her gut tells her otherwise.
 Chrissi31
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/28/2019 1:04:38 PM
He doesnt live in Ireland.

He lives and works in London but goes to Ireland every two to three weeks

Well I didn't have sex with him.
Why he may have lost interest I dunno.
I'm more inclined to think he is hiding something
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2019 3:27:48 PM
I dont see why there needed to a "continuation" ya could have done this one IN the other one.
I agree that he likely has a wife or GF and wasnt looking to score w/ya, and when didnt sooooo, he went poof.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2019 3:09:42 PM
@ chris

I'm more inclined to think he is hiding something

Let me try to break it down for you....since you seem to be agonizing over it

1. He works in London but goes back to see his wife (fiancee) in Ireland every 3 weeks

2. The woman on the phone was not his sister......rather his wife (or another girl he is seeing)

3. He responds in 1 word text...because he now has little interest to go further with you

4. This is because he doesn't think you will be "putting out" any time soon

5. He can't have any long drawn out affairs because it increases the risk of him getting caught (by his wife-fiancee)

6. He is probably in contact with other women besides yourself......who he is trying to get a quick "shag" from.

I hope this sheds some light on all this....good luck.
 Chrissi31
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/2/2019 10:49:12 PM
The woman on the phone I didn't think his sister either. I am not so naive to believe this
But he did put her on speaker
He def seems fishy
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2019 8:31:12 PM

total devotion should come from a lover, if you want more than a shag.

It isn't a merely one-or-the other: Serious BF/GF, or pop-em-and-drop-em. :)

I cant believe that someone seeks anything like total devotion from a total stranger.

He wasn't a total stranger at all. A TOTAL stranger is someone you haven't even chatted online with, let alone had several dates with. :)

That said, no, someone you merely had several dates with, there should be no total devotion. How much opportunity elsewhere they should or would be willing to shed for you -- depends on how you two roll down dating alley. The problem with some in "taking it slow" -- is that they don't fully realize that means the other person is More Allowed to Experience Other Dating opportunities. That said, just because a guy & gal hit it off on a 1st date, go back to his/her place, and shag like drunk bunnies in the bedroom -- doesn't mean they're "an item", either.
 Chrissi31
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/5/2019 2:16:50 AM
Sorry i don think someone who is too pushy for sex that early is looking really for a relationship.

That said the guy initiated an one word text on Sunday and he called me two times on whats app i didnt pick up.

Lol.

This behaviour is ridic
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 11
view profile
History
he puts the dic in redic
Posted: 3/5/2019 7:52:06 AM
in a perfect relationship, we don't push for sex before we get to know someone (of course, this assumes there's a lot to know. if not, maybe that's why the push comes so soon). plus, i think the key word is "pushy". if the chemistry is only on one side, that's saying there's no instant attraction. two people can fall in lust easily, and then get to know each other and form a bond. but if only one person is feelin' it....i don't see how that changes for the better and promotes a long lasting bond.
 Chrissi31
Msg: 12
he puts the dic in redic
Posted: 3/5/2019 9:40:46 AM
I never said i am not feeling it.

I cant just have sex from the first dates even if i am attracted to someone because i need to get to know this person.

I just dont understand.

Maybe i am in the wrong here

Who knows
 Spectrallight
Msg: 13
he puts the dic in redic
Posted: 3/5/2019 10:41:28 AM
^ Move on.

He doesn't matter now. You're out now.
 afinewineandyou
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2019 9:35:38 PM

I cant just have sex from the first dates even if i am attracted to someone because i need to get to know this person.

Chrissi, Some want to have sex first- then they'll decide on the relationship... Others of us do not.

The problem with some in "taking it slow" -- is that they don't fully realize that means the other person is More Allowed to Experience Other Dating opportunities.

Don't know what Kind of Manure you're trying to peddle with that one- but it sure looks like a Lot of BS!
Oh. Be assured. We fully "Realize It" and highly encourage "Them" to do so with extreme haste! (Look out ladies-- Mr. Sleezy Smile on his Face, with One Hand on his Zipper- is being sent your way!)
:)

Maybe i am in the wrong here

No. You're not wrong. Looks like you dodged a bullet. Keep looking at the profiles. There are decent men here. It just takes some time to find one that's compatible.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Continue from previous thread