Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A great match, everytime?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 reallygeo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
A great match, everytime? Page 1 of 1    
I have never had anything but really great matches and hookups from online dating. I can't help but wonder how the match making system works because I see all the horror stories posted on pof and other forums and it makes me wonder if I will eventually encounter a bad experience with an online date. I would have to say the men I met online were all healthy, great-looking men who had nice table manners at dinner and were always interested in another date without pushing for a seedy hookup.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A great match, everytime?
Posted: 3/2/2019 3:34:26 PM
Then consider yourself fortunate. Or, you have a good picker. Few ever have a good average like you have.

I swore off dating because the women I found were horrendously particular. It might be your area, your outlook, that you can overlook "not perfect" men. There could be dozens of reason why you do so well. Each person has had good, or bad experiences with dating. I suppose, time will catch up with you, and you'll end up with a bum pick. At least you're able to put a bad one behind you, easily.

I think I have a better chance playing the lottery. I'm only out a couple bucks at best, and it never left a bad aftertaste when I lose.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2019 4:08:52 PM

the men I met online were all healthy, great-looking men who had nice table manners at dinner and were always interested in another date without pushing for a seedy hookup.

And yet, nothing lasted?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.......

it makes me wonder if I will eventually encounter a bad experience with an online date.

Keep looking.
It will happen for you.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/2/2019 5:52:37 PM
^^ Always the optimist :)
 Like2dance
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2019 7:58:11 PM
Literally all of the women I have dated I met in person, in real life. Women I met on-line lied about their ages, how much they weighed, how many times they had been married and so on. One even posted photos of a good looking friend rather than herself. Deceitful! Duh!
 jerseynative7
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2019 9:46:23 AM
If the matches were so great, why arent you in a relationship with any of them? It makes you sound a little flaky that you wouldnt want to pursue any of these great guys.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2019 10:39:56 AM
Joining POF only two months ago and posting such a rosy picture with such a vague profile DOES smell funny.

How many hookups could she realistically experience in that time?

We see trolling profiles pop up in here several times starting blanket statement threads that seem to be looking for reactions -- whether it's a legitimate 36 year old or some junior high experiment, it's too hard to tell - specially if they never post another reply statement in this thread to forward the discussion. This profile has two posts in non-related threads about two months apart, so there is a track record of sorts.

My guess is since she's not into anything more reliable than a casual date or two, and is receptive to whatever comes along, it probably it not too hard to have a 'good' time from online hookups. The stumbling blocks people have (or create) is when they want to take that casual meetup and force it into a longer term imaginary happily ever-after. Trying to force a higher standard to the flotsam floating in this pool is like trying to filter an entire river through a pair of nylon stockings.
 cooldog65
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2019 11:45:11 AM
OP...What's the difference between a great hookup and a seedy hookup?
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2019 5:57:38 PM
I checked your posting history. Apparently not all of your hookups have been good.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16739126.aspxo many fake profiles hard to believe anyone
Msg 9
Posted: 1/1/2019 138 AM
A gentleman called me a catfish a few nights back after he wanted to meet up so I invited him to my gym to work out. I waited up front for 10 minutes then went and used my favorite machines in back and said, what ever. He looked like an ex of mine anyways, and I am not into making the same mistake twice anymore, but I just figured he either saw me and bailed or was just strange.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A great match, everytime?