Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Criticism and suggestions are most welcome      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cameron_997
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Criticism and suggestions are most welcomePage 1 of 1    
https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=187982666

Hi all,

I would appreciate if I could get some feedback on my profile linked above.

I just can't seem to get past the 'viewed me' page when I approach a lady. I always try to engage her in conversation and allude to something in her profile - I do not think that my approach is the issue. I feel the issue lay in my profile. I accept that I do not have movie star looks and I thought that what I had written was a down to earth and genuine representation of me as a person.

The children are not mine (niece and nephew) but I thought that for some women seeing a man with kids was a positive.

Cameron
Criticism and suggestions are most welcome
Posted: 3/3/2019 6:51:44 AM
At your age, there is a lot of competition on dating sites. You should consider dating in real life.

The children are not mine (niece and nephew) but I thought that for some women seeing a man with kids was a positive.

You are not the first person to think this way, but it is not correct. At 22, you would be perceived as having baggage, with two different children in your photos/life.

Most people will only view your main image, and instantly move on (without reading the profile), when they see/assume you are encumbered by children, at 22. They figure you have many resource commitments, including time and money.

Still don't understand why folks don't realize the main photo is all important.
My advice: REMOVE any photos with children from your profile (did you get permission of your sibling to post them here? Doubt it.).

Get a full body pic posted. If you have teeth, try to show some of them. Can you seem a little more animated? Your pics look like the same pose, with a different background slid behind you. You need to look a bit more "lively" at your age.

Somehow, I don't think you will follow this advice, but the kid pics are a show stopper, and not in a good way.
 Cameron_997
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2019 1:31:40 PM
Thanks so much for the advice.

I have taken it and removed the children photos.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2019 11:05:59 PM
Photos make a big difference.
Your main photo looks to be taken from below, and you're squinting. The shot needs to be head and shoulders, straight on, smiling, eyes fully open.
Your third photo is too far away. Fourth photo is a selfie. Sixth photo is better.
Not enough color in your photos. You say you have blue eyes but they look brown in your photos. Keep trying till we can see the blue.
I know it's hard to get good photos, I struggled with it myself. Took literally dozens, different clothes, inside and out, sitting, standing.
Do a search on your smartphone for men in your area, your age, and see how your main photo shows up as a tiny little thing. You've got a tiny square to get someones attention in a few seconds, make the most of it.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Criticism and suggestions are most welcome