Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Incels and MGTOW think they have it bad but what about LGBTQs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stillpolynia
Msg: 1
Incels and MGTOW think they have it bad but what about LGBTQs?Page 1 of 1    
The rise of incels in Canada is not new news. However, I wonder if incels and MGTOW ever think about how much worse off LGBTQs might be by comparison. I don't know anybody who talks about LGBTQs and how they struggle to find companionship and compatible life-partners. What the chances of them finding someone who is also LGBTQ. Maybe the odds of finding a life-long companion might be worse than the incel and MGTOW populations, and yet to my knowledge, LGBTQs don't generally present themselves as aggressive in online forums like incels and MGTOWs. It seems somewhat invalidating for a group to complain so much when LGBTQs probably have as much to complain about, given that they have less of a probability of finding another LGBTQ, and yet nobody has ever coined a term for women who experience the same thing as incels (maybe we can call them ancels?). In any case, seeing as I'm sure ancels exist, how is it that incels feel stating they are incels is justifiable when they commit acts against humanity?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Incels and MGTOW think they have it bad but what about LGBTQs?
Posted: 3/10/2019 11:56:46 AM
Glossary of terms:
Incels is Involuntary Celibates
-- and in reality is an a-sexual term, but since it was mostly guys who identified with it and got all huffy when gals used it, women invented other terms. Femcels was a version I last read about.
MGTOW is Men Going Their Own Way
-- It started out of the idea of reverse discrimination, that men are being objectified or categorized unfairly, but plenty of 'No-Ma'am' pig types (a term from TV show "Married-With Children") have twisted the term into more of a women-hating group than anything else
LGBTQ is Lesbian - Gay - Bisexual - Transgender - Queer but from what I've heard it is perfectly OK to shorten that alphabet soup to Queer or the Queer community. Rainbow community is another term.

I don't know what the hell you mean by, "Acts Against Humanity," but a major reason why the guys in here do most of the whining is because men seem to be obligated to do most of the approaching, and the women do most of the rejecting online, thus the reason for sparking conversations in here. Guys reject or dump dates plenty, but usually their actions happen in real life, AFTER the connection in here has already been made and the online aspect is removed from the situation. Girls do approach and encounter guys online as well and get rejected, leaving women hurt and confused - but they are definitely a minority. If you think more conversations need to be created about the alternative Queer lifestyles, by all means, bring up a thread -- but just keep in mind a site like POF is universal to all types, and the vast majority of connections are still old fashioned hetero relationships, so majority will still rule when it comes to new thread interest and responses.

Still, it wouldn't hurt for POF to create a major topic window in this forum for Queer lifestyles, but since Match took over POF and the moderation of this site has pretty much turned mechanical (no noticeable human regulation), the likeliness of something like that happening is very slight. The structure of this forum is pretty much exactly what is has been for the last 3 years, maybe more.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2019 12:02:19 PM
There are gay bars and dating sites that cater to LGBTQS. Women don’t experience the same thing as male incels because almost any women could get a hook up or one-night-stand if she wanted it. Male incels and MGTOWs tend to complain that women won’t have sex with them. It’s long-term relationships with men that women struggle to get.
 Tech30
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2019 7:17:32 AM
It wasnt men who twisted the meaning of MGTOW, it was angry women who did.

Men going their own way still have sex , they just dont get into relationships. They use women for sex as they feel women use men for money.

Incels are usually those guys who get mad when women friend zone them and they wonder why since they are always "so nice" to women.

Its fashionable to talk about pathetic men , but what isnt talked about as much are the pathetic women who despise men because they always get played by the ones they pick. IN turn they manipulate the nice guy type as if taking out their anger on them.

We paint women as victims by default , but in todays world they are far from victims.

As for LGBTQWERTY dating, im sure there are lots of apps designed just for those lifestyles and even sections of cities devoted to it, like there is in Toronto.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2019 10:20:31 PM
Still difficult for some of us women to get dates to, so I figure ill just live my life as usual, and if I meet a great guy, super, if not well I do enjoy my own company, and friends/family.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2019 9:53:10 AM
The Q in LGBTQ stands for "Questioning", not "Queer".

When OKC had forums, they had a big section just for LGBTQ, not accessible to heteros or asexuals.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Incels and MGTOW think they have it bad but what about LGBTQs?